Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 11:07 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 7/26 - 8/1

Just starting the thread. I'll be back in a little while after I finish proof-reading this paper and catching up on last week's thread.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

We had a quiet, cool (weather-wise) weekend, for which I'm grateful. We ended up going to the music park Saturday night, so that was nice. We may be going to my mom's today to take her out for her birthday - I'm not sure yet. Tomorrow is lunch with a friend, and then the rest of the week is free and clear. I'm waiting anxiously for my period to start so I lose some of this water. Other than that, same old, same old.

Talk to you later.

Carla
Old 07-26-2004, 12:22 PM   #3  

Carla - ahhh buttercream. Sorry to hear about the weekend but honestly, it doesn's sound that bad and it's good that the cake is safely in your mom's freezer! Good for you for walking downtown! The music park on Saturday sounds like it was lovely. Any idea where you might take your mother out to? I'm with you on still waiting for my period to start although at this point (45 days) I couldn't call myself anxious anymore, just resigned.

I'm happy to report a one pound loss, finally! I didn't start the weekend off too well - we went out to dinner on Friday with Anthony and Krista (we were at the pool with Anthony even though it was raining - he didn't care) and had ribs for dinner and even indulged in a scoop of ice cream for dessert. Yestereday I decided that I'd better get serious again and I followed the Phase II plan to the tea, including having one reasonable snack. Of course it helped that there were almost no walnuts left! I also changed channels when the Yankees/Red Sox game turned too aggravating!

I'm looking forward to school ending this week. Even though I still have a few classes left (and I think a take home final), the workload is a lot less and I plan on doing more exercising than I've been doing recently. On Thursday, we are going up to my cousin's in CT. A band we know (my dear friend's husband is in it) is playing in a park in her town and we are going there together. Tony and I will stay over and come home on the early side. She and her husband are doing WW's though so food shouldn't be a problem. We're having dinner with my FIL - we always go to Red Lobster so I'll have fish, a salad and see about what I can get instead of a baked potato. The hard thing will be the cheese biscuits!

Have a great one!
Judy
163.6/150/135
135/240 workouts
Old 07-27-2004, 11:19 AM   #4  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All...

Nothing much to report. I'm in a bit of a deep blue funk...mostly the result of having a prolonged houseguest and having to be on "best behavior" all the time. I need a few quiet days. We're going up to our property this weekend, so that will be a nice change. Have been eating relatively well, will keep my weigh in appointment tomorrow.

Have a good day...

Karen
Old 07-27-2004, 06:31 PM   #5  

Karen - I think you deserve the in-law medal of honor! So when does Zia leave?? I certainly understand the blue funk - I think I would have descended into its depths before now if I was in your shoes! I'm sure it will be lovely up at the property. Does Zia leave before then or will you just be able to escape into the woods for a while? I'm glad to hear that you have been eating well. Did you end up going back to Phase I or are you just doin' what you should with Phase II? Here;s some special blue funk {{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

I had a good day yesterday. My sneak peak was a little high this morning but I'm chalking that up to retaining water (still!). Still no sign of TOM - this may turn out to be a record. I did a tough upper weight workout yesterday and am really feeling it today. I did a little Pilates earlier. The big news is that while I still have one more class to attend tomorrow night, I AM DONE WITH SCHOOL WORK FOR THE SUMMER!!!!!!

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 07-28-2004, 12:13 PM   #6  

Hi all.

Judy - Congrats on your loss! Also, congrats on getting right back on track after the ribs/ice cream incident. I'm probably due for a ribs craving soon - it's been awhile. And yay! for almost being done with school work for the summer. Now you really get your summer vacation. We ended up taking my mother to the same Italian restaurant we went too a couple of weeks ago. However, I had broasted chicken, so it wasn't such a successful outing this time.

Karen - I'll join Judy in sending {{hugs}} to you. It's so hard to have houseguests, and you've had one for so long now. I'm glad to hear that you'll be able to get away to your property for a few days. It will be good to just let it all hang out, no?

I had a truely ridiculous weigh-in today - up 4.4 (for a total of almost 10 pounds over the past two weeks). I know it's water weight. I'm still waiting for my period to start (Judy, I feel your resignation) and I'm really doing a camel routine. I had three huge glasses of iced tea yesterday and thought I'd be in the bathroom all day. Nope, not at all. So, even though I'm a hair shy of 260 $%&*#$ again, I'm not going to fret. I know it's a "false" weight. I almost didn't weigh today, but decided that wasn't going to change things. At any rate, I'm going to be seriously OP this week and I'm going to try very hard not to weigh every day and we'll see what next week brings. We're leaving for Colorado to go to a family wedding in 2.5 weeks and I'd like to be at least in the low 250s again.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 07-28-2004, 12:32 PM   #7  

Carla - Sorry to hear about the gain but one of these days we'll end our camel imitation! OK, maybe I don't know what you mean about broasted chicken but why was that not a successful choice? It sounds to me like it's a cross between roasted and broiled, no? In any case, you have a good attitdue and I know you will be in the low 250's by the wedding.

I had a good day yesterday. I did a little pilates workout that was on the tv (Caribbean workout - which I used to do ages ago) and for most of the day, ate well. I say most of the day because we had our last Social Studies class yesterday complete with bagels (!!!!), chips and and doughnuts! What is it about teachers, or pre-service teachers that means food????? Of course, most of the students in the class are 20 somethings with bodies that are to die for - ugh! I did OK though - I had a half a bagel and I had some cheese that one woman brought - not the best but certainly not the worst choice! I guzzled water, giving up on seeing TOM anytime soon. This morning, I had a very exciting sneak peek that I am going to do my damnest to keep it was actually under 150 for the first time I can remember! So, here's to doing my best to keep it that way.

I think I'm going to do a bit of yoga soon. My last math class is tonight and already there are emails flying back and forth about ordering pizza! I'm going to forgo the pizza - we are getting out of class early (I think by 7:30) and I'd rather have a nice dinner with Tony!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 07-28-2004, 05:34 PM   #8  
Canadian, eh?

Hi...

Judy, thanks for the hugs! Keep that sneak peak going!! That's great. And I'm so glad that you'll have some well deserved time to yourself now. As for me, Zia will be here till the 9th of August. We're taking she and FIL with us, but dropping them off for the weekend at Mike's cousins, so we'll have 2 whole days to ourselves!

Carla, thanks for your hugs too! Sorry to hear about your gain. You've got a great attitude about it though, and of course it's water. How cool that you've got a trip coming up - are you driving?

As for me, I'm joining you in the camel woman thing and have a 2 lb gain to report. My boobs are sorer than sore at the moment due to fluid retention and PMS. Anyway... I'm going to Victoria in the morning to a meeting, so I'll be able to lounge on the ferry for a couple of hours. I'm meeting Jen for dinner and going to see her new place - she's in the process of moving in with a new roommate closer to school. We're leaving Friday and back Monday...so if I don't make it here before then, have a great weekend.

Karen
Old 07-28-2004, 05:56 PM   #9  

Hi all.

Judy - You did great with just the 1/2 bagel and some cheese. And good decision to skip the pizza and have a nice dinner with Tony. Pizza, for me, is a hard food to stop eating once I start. You'd think that broasted chicken would be nice and healthy, wouldn't you, as it does, as you say, sound like a combo of broiled and roasted. I don't know where the term broasted comes from or what it's supposed to mean (although now I think I'll google it) and it may be just a midwestern thing, but as far as I can tell, it's another term for fried.

Karen - Sorry to hear about your water retention. I'm sure when you're done with it those 2 pounds, plus some, will be right off. Yay for two days to yourself!

Now that I've already weighed in, my body decides to let go of all the water. I think my body hates me and loves to play jokes on me. Or maybe my diuretic (part of my blood pressure meds) just kicked in big time today. Who knows. I'm as hungry as a horse right now and very grateful that I have nothing "bad" to snack out. I've already done carrots and a peach and will probably move on to a glass of milk next.

Talk to you later.

Carla
Old 07-28-2004, 06:35 PM   #10  

And in case wondering what the heck broasted chicken is was killing you:

Broaster and Broasted are registered trademarks of the Broaster Co. in Beloit, Wisc., that it has been broasting chickens since 1954, that it is not only the process of frying chickens under pressure, but includes a special marinading process, and that it is NOT available to home cooks. The Broasters and the seasonings are sold only to restaurants and the food trade, so Broasted chicken is available to you only when you dine out.

The Broasting process makes chicken that has the taste of fried chicken, but is moister and less greasy. According to the company, Broaster Chicken has "a crispy, nutty golden-brown coating, tender and juicy deep down to the bone." The company says its pressure-fried chicken has up to 44 percent more moisture than the leading brand of "open" fried chicken, and 40 percent to 70 percent less fat and fewer calories.

So, maybe it wasn't a completely awful choice after all.... And if you're thinking it sounds pretty darn good - it is.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:21 PM   #11  
Canadian, eh?

Drool!
Old 07-29-2004, 11:36 AM   #12  

Hi all,

Karen - LOL. Someday we'll have to get together and I'll take you for broasted chicken. Enjoy your weekend. And, to answer your question, which I neglected to do yesterday, yes, we will be driving to Colorado. I much prefer driving trips to flying, especially with Ana, because we can take more stuff, like toys, etc.

I had a good OP day yesterday and definitely got rid of a couple of pounds of water. Fortunately, my period started, so hopefully I'll be getting rid of some more water over the next couple of days. Now I just have to deal with the cramps.... I've been craving a light Frappachino at Starbucks, so if the weather holds (it's looking like rain), I may just do a walk into town today with Miss Ana. Activity points and a Frappachino. How do you beat that?

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 07-29-2004, 12:23 PM   #13  

Karen - I'm so glad you and Mike will have 2 (blessed) days by yourself - you certainly deserve them! Well, it seems that you and I are the only camel left. I'm going for a record as of today - 48 days and counting. My luck, it will come next week when we are at the beach! I hope you have a lovely dinner with Jen today. Ah, a couple of hours on the ferry sounds just lovely on a summer day!

Carla - MMMmmmmmmmm, that broasted chicken description is making my mouth water too. Please include me in the broasted chicken get together someday! Wow, I think a drive to Colorado should be just lovely in the summer. Will you be driving through SD and MN? A Long, long, time ago (1972) I went on a bus trip out west with my camp (we camped out in state and nat'l parks the whole way) and we took a northern route through Wisconsin, MN, SD, etc. and it was just beautiful. Sorry about the cramps but at least you are no longer doing a camel imitation. I hope to join you very soon so I don't have my period the whole time at the beach!

I had a so-so day yesterday. No one ordered pizza at class but one woman brought in big, chewy chocolate chip cookies and I had one. I ate dinner with Tony when I got home and then had a few too many snacks at night - not terrible - not bingy but just not what I need to do to see that same sneak peek on Saturday. Tony made a yummy side dish at dinner but it was pretty salty and between that and the rest of what I ate, my sneak peek today is awful. I know, it's water and I'm determined to be OP today. We are going up to my cousin's in CT to see Aztec Two Step in the park near her. I think I already told you that she and her husband are doing WW so it shouldn't be hard to stay OP. I'm going to be sure to eat lunch before we leave so I'm not tempted to snack. I did a short yoga workout this morning - not much in the way of exercise but something. I'm going to be guzzling water today too.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 07-29-2004, 03:48 PM   #14  

Judy - You most certainly will be included in the great broasted chicken get-together. I think we will be taking the northern route on our way home from CO. We want to show Ana Mt. Rushmore and we have friends that just moved to Rapid City and we'd love to see them. On the way out we'll be going through Iowa and Nebraska. I'll keep my fingers crossed that PMS ends soon for you so you can 1) be rid of that darned water and 2) not have to deal with your period at the beach. Sorry to hear you had a snacky night last night. Do you think the cookie caused that? At any rate, sounds like you're well-prepared to do well at your cousin's. Enjoy the concert!
Old 07-30-2004, 10:55 PM   #15  

Carla - yup, that was the route we took - Mt. Rushmore (fantastic) and Rapid City (which back then had had a terrible, terrible flood). It sounds like a great trip.

Karen - if you haven't left already, have a great couple of days alone at the property!

We had a great time yesterday with my cousin and her husband. The weather was great for an outdoor concert and the music was great. Foodwise was pretty good too. I had a couple too many BabyBell Lights (we found them at a supermarket near my cousin's - the light variety has been hard to find around us) and I did have a couple of drinks but they were drinks with soda and very light, so not bad. I've been pretty good today although no exercise. I plan on getting in a good bit of exercise tomorrow morning and then it's time to do a little packing so things aren't crazy on Sunday morning (not that we have to leave early or anything but I don't like leaving it to the last minute). The only challenge tomorrow is dinner out with my FIL. We're going to Red Lobster so if I can avoid the cheddar biscuits (which is hard for me) and sub veggies for a baked potato, I should be OK.
Closed Thread