Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2001, 05:17 PM   #16  

Carla - I hope you ate lunch because you know that skipping meals can lead to problems. The lasagna is a recipe that I got at the WW meeting. Tony loves it and so do I.

Easy Cheese Lasagna
makes 6 servings; 6 pts per serving (7.5 with my modification)

1 jar (28 oz) spaghetti sauce
6 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 container (15 oz) fat free ricotta (I use part skim ricotta and it only added 1.5 points per serving)
1-2 cups sliced or chopped raw vegetables, such as mushrooms, broccoli and bell pepper (I found that it's better if I steam at least the broccoli a little first)
1 package (8oz) shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat over to 375. Spray 11x7 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spread 1/3 sauce on bottom of dish; arrange 3 noodles in a single layer over the sauce. Top with another 1/3 of the sauce, all of the ricotta cheese and vegetables, and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, then remaining noodles in a single layer. Spread evenly with remaining sauce.

2. Cover dish with foil; bake until noodles are tender and mixture is pipinghot, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese; bake uncovered 5 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting (I let it stand a little longer - maybe 10 minutes).

Nutrition info (with ff ricotta) 301 calories, 7.2 g fat, 4.6 g fiber

Enjoy! We really like it. We've even thought about making it for Xmas Eve this year.
Old 04-19-2001, 11:34 PM   #17  

Judy - Hope you were able to get your workouts in. Thanks for the lasagna recipe. It sounds like something the kids and I would like. (Darrell doesn't like cheese!!)

Carla - Sorry you're still struggling this week. Hope you got something to eat. I know how waiting can cause snacking trouble.

I got out for a walk, but went over on points. Darrell wanted to go out to eat since we hadn't had a chance to get to the store. (Wouldn't you know that when we only have one car I'm swamped at work and can't get away early.) Anyway we were late leaving and I didn't make a good choice. I know what I should have had, but fell into the "I don't care" mindset. I think a lot of it is that my sneak peeks still aren't good. I guess all I can do is keep trying.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 04-20-2001, 09:33 AM   #18  

Pat - sorry to hear that you are struggling a bit. Although I don't always practice what I preach, maybe it would be a good idea to keep off the scale for a couple of days. Sneak peeks are onlyuseful if they provide positive motivation (either making sure you keep a good sneak peek or getting back OP if you don't). Good for you for getting out for walk.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. My exercising (step tape and lower body strength) wiped out my deficit. Even with a bit of late night snacking I have 1.5 points in the bank - I hope to get a few more in there today. Tomorrow we are going out to Red Lobster with Tony's family. I have to head over to Dottie's site to get the points breakdown. I'd like to have enough points to have one of their biscuits since I can't seem to resist them anyway! My sneak peek this morning was atrocious - 2 pounds up - but I think that's water. We had turkey kielbasa with Zatarain's Black Beans & Rice - a dinner that was yummy, but pretty high in salt, I think. I'm going to have to guzzle some water today!

Have a great Finally Friday,
Judy
Old 04-20-2001, 10:56 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Judy - Thanks for the recipe - it sounds delicious and is something I can make ahead. Would you believe that I've never made lasagna? And I've been Italian my whole life! I definitely have to start cooking again - that's most of my problem right now. Now, you know those 2 pounds are just water so I expect you to hoisting your glass of water throughout the day.

Pat - How can anyone not like cheese! Boy, oh, boy do I know about that "I don't care" mindset. Chase it away right now, and you'll be fine.

Well, I'm starting to wrap my mind around being OP and getting in some exercise again. I had an astoundingly horrible sneak peek this morning, although a lot of it is water, I think. I must get back on track. A couple of things that will help me: 1) Keeping my focus on vacation this August. I really would like to go swimming, which of course means a bathing suit. Yikes. It's been 11 years since I last wore one. While I won't be close to thin by August, if I start working out I'll be way more toned. 2) One of my co-workers, who is considerably overweight, just as I am, has started efforts to lose weight. That makes the competitiveness in me kick in. I will not be the only fat chick here.

So - I'm going to do a lot of postive thinking over the weekend, get my water in, start some exercise and pay attention to what I eat. Wish me luck.

Carla
Old 04-22-2001, 05:01 PM   #20  
cookies are for browsers

GOOD LUCK CARLA!!!

Wow, Judy, looks like you have the exercise bit DOWN! Good job! I wish I could find the time. Really. I know everybody says that you have to make the time, but I put in 60-80 hour weeks every week. I am lucky if I get 2 days with exercise per week. My challenge for this week is to pack my lunch to work. No more of this 12 points for a 6" sub business. Ridiculous.

I know I am committed to losing weight this time because I went to the Cheesecake Factory and didn't have any cheesecake. Or any cake for that matter.

Lyontamer - I would like to do the 100% challenge starting next Sunday, can I wait 'till then? There's this wedding, you see...

Good news and bad news. The good news is my sneak peek says I'm down to 199. The bad news is I have to reduce my points range. So it looks like I'm going to have to find more ways to get exercise in! I love the hula hoop. It makes your waist small really fast. So get hula hooping! It took me 2 weeks of trying every day to be able to do it on a reasonably continuous basis, but it is worth it.

And the weather is bad here, so my 2 hours of gardening I'd planned aren't going to happen. Perhaps some exercise bike time is in order.

Good luck all,

Jennifa
209/199/170
Closed Thread