Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2001, 12:14 AM   #16  

Default Spring Ever Arriving?

Hi all,

Couldn't sleep so I thought I'd say hello. Ate pretty poorly over the weekend but am back on track today. They say we are going to see the sun tomorrow but I'll believe it when I see it.

I haven't been posting much but I've been lurking. I'm scorekeeper for a challenge on another board and that kept me busy on Thur., Fri, and Sat. Then Sat. we had our annual Spring/Easter breakfast for the school. It went well the kids had fun. My daugters were petrified of the clown so we spent most of the time avoiding her. I guess we'll be passing up the circus for awhile. And I was just feeling bad that we recently missed the circus. Guess it didn't matter. Sunday night I had to finish the new contracts for the teachers and aides at my kids co-op nursery school. Caught up at home today. Busy, busy, busy. You would think I would have no time to eat~lol.

I went back on the low carb diet for a couple of days. I feel good on it, have less cravings and lose right away but boy do I get tired of the food fast. I couldn't wait to have my cheerios and skim milk. So I'm back.

I'm hoping the good weather will help me. I love the winter and snow but this one has been way to long! I'll be outside more and just seeing the sun helps. I've also decide to go out and do things two mornings a week while the girls are in school. I'm home so much it gets depressing. Now I will do errands, go visiting, shop, get my hair and nails done or just go to the park and read. I always think I should run home and get something done but I have plenty of time the rest of week to get things done and I need more time for just me.

Well I'm falling asleep so I'm off to bed. Hope the weekend was quiet because everyone was off having a fun one.
Old 04-03-2001, 08:58 PM   #17  

Sorry, I haven't posted for a while. First, I got lost in cyberspace when they changed to the new system. And then I started backsliding. I didn't flake on you, just felt like I failed you. So I was kinda embarrassed by that. Just thought I'd stop by and say "hi." I'm still trying to regroup, but it's taking me a while.
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 04-03-2001, 09:11 PM   #18  
snerdlet

Default DENA DENA DENA DENA DENA

Dena's back!!!! Wahoooooo!!!!!
Dena - you didn't fail me or any of us. Iwas worried that we lost you. I was just as embarassed when I gained some weight back and seemed to be out of control, but Sil kindly explained to me that we are all in the same boat.....that is why we are here on this board. If we can't get support here, amongst people who have been there, done that, and have the XX-large tee-shirt to prove it, then where can we get support. I am glad you are back.

Sharon - sorry you couldn't sleep. Good for you being able to get outside more. I wish I could. Sometimes I eat at my desk and don't get out except to drive to work and back. Have fun in the sun.

Hope everyone is doing well....
Pat

Old 04-04-2001, 07:06 AM   #19  

Default Good morning!

Good morning everyone! Hope you are all doing well.

I am on my 4th day OP and does it ever feel good. I have been walking on my t/mill everyday, and eating right. I has to make some difference, I hope. We'll see when I get weighed again.

Dena.......glad you found your way back. It can be intimidating when something is new can't it??? You'll get back on track, just start again. LOL

Pat.......this thread is slow on the weekends, I hope thats 'cause everyone is out having a good time. We all eventually make our way back here don't we??

Sharon........I know what not being able to sleep is! I've had problems for years, finally went to the Dr. about it and we're working on it. I do sleep better now, but not as well as I'd like.

Hi to Sil, Carla, Bee, Liza.......hope I didn't forget anyone! It wasn't intentional. Gotta get the day going now. Be back soon.

TTFN

Last edited by Ellie; 04-04-2001 at 07:09 AM.
Old 04-04-2001, 07:48 AM   #20  

GOODMORNING GANG...

Just a quick note goodmorning to you all....life has been busy and I'm glad....and yes, lol, I'm working on my taxes, ran into a few snags, but hopefully will solve by the weekend so I can have it ready to go....do my sons too so it's extra...but if I mail it next week I'm ahead lol usually I mail it on that day...oh I'm so bad!!! lol

All is well though, happy about the 2 lb loss...made the 155 lbs....this is the best I've done in years, guess I was in a 'have to do this mode'...so working hard at it...and for those of you who are struggling...don't give up please...just do the best you can day by day...that's all we can do...and when you have a bad day, come in here and share, I have found this to be the most supportive group of friends, understanding and just always there...so let's do a group hug....(((((thegang))))

Talk to you all soon...dog is sitting here starring at me with that 'please take me out look' lol....so bye for now.

Carla
Old 04-04-2001, 07:49 AM   #21  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Morning Everybody

WELCOME BACK DENA
I thought we lost you in the move. I've thought about you often and I'm very glad to know that you are still with us. We have missed your hugs. I'm sorry to hear that you have not been doing as well as you would like. I feel the same way. I'm stuck on a plateau but I know that it is because I'm not making the best choices for myself , not getting in enough water and not getting enough exercise. Why is it so difficult to do what we know will work

Sharon~~~I'm sorry that you had trouble sleeping. It was smart of you to come here instead of the kitchen. Good for you When my son was very young (3-5) he was also afraid of clowns. I had a painting of a clown that I put in his room and we was so afraid of it that I had to remove it. I had forgotten that until you mentioned it. Brings back memories~LOL

Pat~~~I'm at work on the weekends but from now on I will at least post a "hello".

Ellie~~~It sounds like you are really back on track. Keep up the great job.

Jenny~~~You have been doing wonderfully on program and losing weight

Carla and Liza~~~ Hope that you are doing well . I know that you check in every morning so I just wanted to say hello
Everybody have a great day and try to get some sunshine~~~Sil
P.S. This attachment is for DENA.
Old 04-04-2001, 07:55 AM   #22  
GARDENING ADDICT

Carla~ We were posting at the same time~great minds, huh. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well and congratulations on losing 2 more pounds!!!!!

Thanks for sharing a cup of java with me~~I'm drinking mine as I type. This is my morning routine~~coffee and WW's. Take care~~~Sil
Old 04-04-2001, 11:10 AM   #23  

May I join you? I started over with WW last week. I quit going to meetings in Nov. 'cause I don't like driving on ice and snow. Of course, I blew it over the holidays etc. etc. Anyway, I'm trying to get back in the groove. I'm 55, have 3 grown children, a hubby, 2 dogs, and a big weight problem. I started gaining with my last child (now 23) and never stopped. I would love to lose 75-85 pounds.
Old 04-04-2001, 02:21 PM   #24  

WELCOME DOXIE.....

You are most welcome to join us...you will find this gang
terrific, warm, loving, supportive and fun.

My children are grown too 19/f and 23/m married with kids, so I'm a "YOUNG" lol Grandma at 52....

I'm doing WW at home myself....so you will find alot of us
doing it from home for that very same reason as you.

You might look at our Easter Challenge too, you might not want to join that since it's next week, but take a look, Sil usually creates a Challenge for us on a
holiday to keep up our incentive....so join us all there
as well.

GOOD LUCK and WELCOME.....

Carla
Old 04-04-2001, 04:34 PM   #25  

Hi guys and welcome DOXIE
and Hi DENA dont think we have met

Well.... I have not been doing sooo well, gulp, had a run in with the biscuit (cookie)tin , well 2 run ins actually and my weight shot back up like it does in a flash (dont that just make you sick
I HAVE to stay away from refined carbs have to have to have to!!!!
I wonder if this WW is good for me as the empasis is not on that . Ive been reading all about the zone type eating and it fits in well with what Im trying to do really it just makes a detailed plan of it.
Have also been reading the "Eat right diet", not sure what I think on that one?
I was doing "potatoes not prozac" for about 6 months and it was good at getting me off sugar and stopping the cravings but I didnt lose any weight as I seem to need stronger guidlines of how much to eat.
Have been checking in at the sugarbusters board too but dont know that ,that does enough really either to curb my cravings. I really do have a problem with flour and sugar products

Anyone got any input on these other WOE??
Oh and I have relost 2 of the 3 I put back on so thats not tooooo bad
Old 04-04-2001, 06:15 PM   #26  

You guys are terrific!! You really know how to make a person feel good. Thank you so much Pat, Sil, Carla and Ellie for the warm welcome back. I truly appreciate your kindness.

Nice meeting you Doxie and Bee, this is a fantastic, caring group. You'll do well here.

I've started exercising a lot lately, trying to lose some of the extra pounds I put on. (Bee, they go on fast for me, too.) I've been working out on the weight machines and getting on the treadmill at the gym. On Monday, I thought I'd try a body strengthening class. I was really apprehensive at first, but when I asked an older woman if she thought the class was hard, she told me, "If I can do it, so can you!" So I joined the group.

By the way, the older woman is 83 years old and started exercising at 60! Her doctor says her bones are probably stronger than his.

Monday was my first day and I went back today. My poor body feels sore, but proud. I was able to keep up with an 83 year old woman!

Thanks again for your warm response, everybody!
(((Hugs))),
Dena

Last edited by Dena; 04-04-2001 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-04-2001, 09:30 PM   #27  
snerdlet

Howdy partners -

I don't think anybody got my XX-large tee-shirt joke in my reply to Dena.....I thought it was funny

Anyway - I know it is slow here on the weekends. I gotta tell you I wish I was out having fun on the weekends but after doing the dishes, dusting, vaccuming, sweeping, cleaning the tubs, toilets,counters and sinks, 8 loads of laundry, cleaning the cat box, taking out the garbage, making the beds, and doing the taxes....I was too pooped to go out and have a good time. So I came here which requires very little physical energy.

I am glad everyone is coming back....and Welcome aboard Doxie!

Bee - I gotta tell you I have tried a lot of diets/healthy eating changes and found for me that WW is the only one that actually works. You just gotta keep trying until you find the one that works for you.

Take care everyone....
Pat

Old 04-05-2001, 06:34 AM   #28  

Pat lol yes I did.....I started with medium shirts several years ago and wound up with XL shirts....and I'm short...I was sitting here laughing and thinking, what am I laughing at...you fool lol...I talk to myself alot, if you had been careful you wouldn't be wearing them either...listen if we don't laugh at ourselves, we can't get through life. I read the board several times a day, I don't always answer right away...I haven't anything to say...lol as Sil says, that's impossible lol...I ALWAYS HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY...even my family teases me about that lol...but usually I like to read here often keeps me in check and I feel like I'm visisting friends, then I answer once or twice a day...

Usually stop by to type when having my first cup of coffee while waiting for daughter to get ready for school around 6:00am...keeps me from aggrivating her and saying 'hurry up'...so share a cup of coffee with me and we can talk over the days happenings...talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 04-05-2001, 10:22 AM   #29  

Why is it in the morning that the choices I should have made last night become so clear? I went to a mother-daughter banquet last night. Since my daughter lives 3 hours away, I took my 7th & 8th grade Girl Scouts. It was a wonderful evening! I'm just sitting here thinking that if I'd stopped at the strawberry fluff salad, and not had the cake, I wouldn't be in the hole today. Oh well, live and learn. At least I'm thinking about it which is more than I usually would have done lol.
Have a terrific Thursday
Old 04-05-2001, 06:32 PM   #30  
GARDENING ADDICT

Doxie~~~ Welcome to the group. I hope that we can all help each other.

Carla~~~ Boy, do you have a memory like an elephant~~LOL. I made a comment something like " since when does Carla not have anything to say" months ago. ~LOL And guess what? It's still true~~LOL.

Bee~~~I tried the "Eat Right for Your Type" last year but I didn't like it. I'm type O and found it too restricting. I do believe though, that reducing refined sugars and flours helps in weight loss. I think that it is still possible to do the WW program and still reduce sugars/flours if you are willing to eliminate most pastas and breads. I do like the Ezekiel bread that was allowed on the Type diet. I still get it occassionally.
I know that WW works for me~~I just have to DO it.

Dena~~~ Hooray for you, for keeping up with the old lady (and good for HER, too)! That just proves that we have no excuse

I'm not doing too well myself. I'm hanging in there with the same weight all month~~but I certainly know why.

Have a good evening. Tonight is my TV night (Survivor, CSI, ER). I'll see ya all in the AM~~~Sil
Closed Thread