Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 05:16 PM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 1/29 - 1/25

Starting the topic - be right back
Old 01-19-2004, 05:25 PM   #2  

Carla - way to go on getting in your 4 workouts last week - and great idea adding strength going forward! Hey, that's what FP's and AP's are for - second helpings of yummy things!

Karen - I'm so sorry to hear about that spike in temp but I'm glad you got to the doctor and have the medicine you need. Rest up - and remember, when you do feel well enough to start your workouts, you have to start really, really, slowly. That infection is taking its toll! I hope the medication kicks that nasty infection out once and for all! That soup sounds really yummy. We're going to have to try it soon.

Paragoddess - how are ya' doing?

I'm happy to report a 1.2 loss this week. I'm slowly creeping back to where I was before the holidays and I'm staying OP - even when I have snack attacks (like the one I had on Saturday night!) It was great to babysit Anthony on Friday night - and Saturday morning we went downstairs to jump on my rebounder and toss a ball around (which I counted as my workout) Tony and I had a great time yesterday - we went to see HMS Pinafore with my parents. We ended up eating out lunch (at a diner) as well as dinner but I did OK. I had a veggie burger (minus 1/2 the roll) for lunch and eggplant parmagiana for dinner - but the eggplant is made without breading and is baked, not fried. I did pretty good with snacking last night and hope to do so again tonight. I don't think it would be a good idea to break out the knitting what with my wrist a problem so I dug out some needlepoint (it's my right wrist and I sew with my left) to do tonight.

I spent the day studying for the Liberal Arts & Science Test (AKA LAST) which is less than a month away. I finished what I hoped to which is good because (grad school) classes start tomorrow night. I know the two courses I'm taking will be much more interesting than the one I took in the fall.

I tried to do a spinning workout yesterday but my hip, which has been bothering me and which my chiropractor said was really tight, said absolutely, positively "NO" so I've gotten on the treadmill for some walking (and today a little bit of interspersed running) yesterday and today. Today I walked/ran while watching Oprah's weight loss show.

Have a great one!
Judy
163.6/155.8/135
12/240 workouts
Old 01-20-2004, 06:21 PM   #3  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All...

The antibiotics have worked wonders and I feel nearly human again!!

Judy - congratulations on your loss! Great going. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with Anthony. You are to be highly commended for passing up 1/2 your bun on the burger. The soup is marvellous - I hope you'll like it. It's packed full of nutrition and very low point. Hope your hip will soon be better. Are you a lefty or do you just sew left handed? I come from a long prestigious line of left-handedness.

Have a great day, everyone...

Karen
Old 01-20-2004, 06:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Ok, I tried posting twice yesterday and each time I hit the post button, my PC froze. Here's hoping this one takes.

Karen - I'm glad to hear you got yourself to the doctor and got some medication for that evil sinusitis that took hold of you and that the medication has done it's trick. Welcome back to the human race. And kudos to you for being determined to make up those missed workouts. Thanks for the soup recipe - it sounds delicious. What's a tetra pak?

Judy - Congrats on a great loss! It seems like you're firmly back on track. Way to go! Sounds like you had a good weekend, too. I hope that your wrist and hip are both better soon. Is the LAST test a standard test for all teacher candidates? Good for you for giving up 1/2 a bun on your veggie burger.

I had a pretty good weekend until Sunday dinner at my MIL's house. One too many cookies and then a ham sandwich and some cheese that night. PMS kicked in and got the better of me. Yesterday was much better, as is today. My period started today and I'm feeling very bloated and icky. I'm hoping those good sneak peeks don't disappear tomorrow when I weigh in. I think I'll be guzzling the water with lemon juice tonight. I didn't workout yesterday because Ana was home and I didn't get up earlier enough to get in in before she woke up. But I did hop on the bike today, so one down and three more to go. I watched Oprah last night. I think I'll check out Bob Greene's site and his 12 week basic training program. It sounds like there's a fee involved, though, in which case I'll skip it.

Have a great evening.

Carla
Old 01-20-2004, 09:26 PM   #5  

Karen - I'm so glad that you are feeling better or at least nearly human! I'm sort of ambidextrous and when I was in grade school the teacher tested me to see if I favored one hand over another. She told my parents that I didn't and they agreed that sinvce I needed to learn to write with one hand, not both (which was what I was doing) it would be easier if I learned right-handed. I do everything else with my left hand though - sew, throw a ball, etc. Well, my mom taught me to knit right-handed so there you go. I think at heart I'm a lefty though because I covet my left-handed scissors and scowl at right-handed things that we encounter on a day-to-day basis. I agree with Carla - kudos on being determined to make up the workouts - I know you'll do it too.

Carla - I thought the same thing about the Bob Greene site but I think there is a fee - so I'll probably skip it too. Way to go on hopping on the bike. You are on a roll. I'm glad the PMS monster has been kicked out of your house. Sorry about the weekend but what's important (as you know is going forward) and it sounds like you are doing that. I'm going to try to get up early tomorrow and do a yoga workout before work. I had my first class tonight and while I think I'm going to like it (and know I like the professor), I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and may want to sort some things out when I get home. Of course, I know that things always seem better and less stressful after I've worked out so if I don't get up early I won't stress it. Yes, the LAST test is a standardized test that is one of a number of tests I'll need to get certified in NYS. I know I'll be glad to get this one over and done with.

I've had a good day so far. I think I may get away with hitting my target points tonight - or using just a couple of FP's - as long as I don't end up screaming at the tv too much (State of the Union). Maybe I should pick up a couple of handweights and do some biceps curls - at least it will keep my hands busy while I scream!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 01-20-2004, 11:01 PM   #6  
Canadian, eh?

Judy - don't throw those weights at the TV
Old 01-21-2004, 02:29 PM   #7  

Hi all.

Judy - I went to Bob Greene's site and there definitely is a fee. It's not much, but then again I'm not sure I'd be learning too much that's new, so I'm skipping it. I'm glad that you like the first of your two new classes and the professor. I understand the feeling overwhelmed and wanting to spend some time sorting things out. I used to get like that at the start of a class too. I hope you're T.V. survived last night and didn't end up with any hand weights through it. I avoided the aggrevation by not watching the address. I'll read it in the paper later today.

Karen - Hi. Hope you're feeling better today.

I'm reporting a maintain for the week. I'm a bit disappointed because I had good sneak peeks, but I know it's due to my period and hey, it's not a gain. I hopped on the bike this morning for 35 minutes (I'm increasing my time every couple of weeks until I get up to 45 minutes) so I'm halfway through my workouts for the week. No plans for the weekend, and I'm going to try very hard to keep it that way. So I'm hoping I'll have no major challenges either. I want a good weigh in next week.

Have a great day.

Carla
279/258.6/145
11/208 workouts
Old 01-21-2004, 10:51 PM   #8  
Canadian, eh?

Hi...

Carla, way to go on your maintain! All things considered, it's a victory! Yay for you. And that's great that you're increasing your exercise time. I think you should start pedaling toward Vancouver...you could be here by 2006. I know how frustrating freezing PC's are, mine froze on me this morning when I was just about ready to post here. I need to get it looked at, it's maddening. Did you get your new PC?

Judy - how cool to be able to use both hands to do stuff. I'm a lefty and suspect I'm better with my right hand than most right handed people are with their left, but I do pretty much everything "backwards".

I'm minus .5 lb today, ignoring my last week's weigh in, so I'm down from the start of the year. I actually felt up to going for a brisk walk with the dogs this morning, so I got in my second workout for the year. Only 206 to go.

Have a great day...

Karen
Old 01-22-2004, 08:19 AM   #9  

Carla - congratulations on the maintain a) because maintains are a victory and b) because a maintain with TOM is really a loss! Great job on the bike - I'd venture to say that your are just about at the point where if you DIDN'T exercise 4 times a week, you'd feel like something was missing! LOL about not even watching the SOTU - my parents didn't either!

Karen - way to go on your loss AND on getting in a brisk walk with the pups. I'm soooo glad you are feeling better. Can you imagine living in the days when there weren't antibiotics?

I am enduring PMS for sure. My day was great program wise until the evening. I did do a step workout and earned a few AP's but the snack attack meanies got me and even though I took out my needlepoint, I still managed to eat my AP's and all but 4 of my FP's! It was a sweet/salty attack and my rings are tight and my sneak peek this morning confirmed it! Oh well, I did a short yoga workout this morning, hope to do some upper body weights after work (and after the last visit to the podiatrist) and will just have to munch on veggies this evening! At least I only have 2 days to get through with 4 FP's left!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 01-22-2004, 10:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

Wow.. I can't believe it is already Thursday! Time has flown this week.. On my WI day on Sunday, I was down 2 lbs... I've been sticking pretty close to points this week.. water consumption is up but exercise isn't... Hopefully this busy week will end and next week will be a little better!

Merrylegs- I'm so glad you're feeling better.. I hate being sick.. your whole routine just gets thrown off totally!

Judy - Would you tell me a little bit about yoga? My MIL went to a class for a while.. she really enjoyed it.. I just don't know enough about it to make up my mind. I've heard Yoga is good and Pilates.. no idea what Pilates is either. I guess I need to spend my time doing nothing at work... besides typing on here looking at some of these things I don't know about.

I hope everyones week has been good and the weekend is not too far away! (Which I am dreading.. I have a baby shower this weekend for a friend and there will be all kinds of goodies there... willpower is what I keep telling myself!! )
Old 01-22-2004, 11:19 AM   #11  

Hi all.

Karen - Congrats on the loss! I'm glad you're feeling better and that you were up to taking the dogs for a walk. I bet it felt great to be out and about. Actually, I've been thinking of picking a geographic point to pedal/walk to. Might make this a bit more interesting. Nope, we haven't purchased the new PC yet. John found out he can participate in his company's purchase program with Dell and I'm waiting for him to get the necessary info. Hopefully we'll get it soon as we're now paying for DSL that we haven't been able to hook up. Sigh.

Judy - Actually, you're right, I am starting to get to the point where I miss the exercise if I don't do it, even though the first 15 minutes on the bike seem like torture to me. I'm sorry to hear that PMS got to you. But on the bright side, you stopped before you at all your flex points (or worse, ate beyond them). I'll be sending you positive vibes to make it through the munchies tonight.

Paragoddess - Congrats on a terrific loss. Good for you for sticking close to points and upping your water consumption. The exercise will come. Nothing wrong with taking the program a step at a time. I used to do Yoga and it's really great. It helps your flexibility, tones, calms - it's just great for you all the way around. Right now my knees make it difficult for me to get down on the floor and back up and would make some of the poses difficult to do, but when I've lost some more weight I plan on starting up with Yoga again.

I had a good day yesterday. I actually ate one point under target, so I didn't use any activity or flex points. I haven't been down to the basement to get on the bike yet, but my workout clothes are on and I'll be heading down there shortly. I'm really yearning to get outside for a walk, but, while it's nice and sunny, we're at 0 degrees today, so it will have to wait. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 20s, so I just may bundle up and get out there.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 01-23-2004, 08:28 AM   #12  

Paragoddess - Congratulations on the great loss! I agree with Carla - the exercise will come. I think Carla gave you a good blurb about yoga. There are all kinds, some very strength oriented and some more gentle. Most of the kind of yoga I do is the gentle, stretching, flexibility, calming kind. It's great when I'm stressed or like know, when a body part (right now my hip) is bothering me and I can't do other kinds of exercise.

Carla - way to go on your eating and how dedicated you've become to working out. Our weather is similar to yours. I think the high today is only going to be in the teens and we are expecting more snow on Sunday!!! My mom and I are going into the city on Sunday to the ballet and I hope the travelling is OK - maybe we'll get a snow day on Monday???

I did not have a very good evening yesterday - I didn't go totally nuts but I ended up eating the last of my FP's and went into a deficit by one. We had Hershey's kisses left over from a gift during the holidays - and I didn't throw them out! Has anyone seen the exact points for a Hershey's kiss? I estimated them at 2 points each. Anyway, I did manage to get up early again this morning and do some yoga. I wanted to do some aerobics but my hip is saying no. We are having a fairly low point dinner tonight so that should help me keep the damage where it is and not go any further into deficit. I'm hoping for at least a maintain tomorrow... we'll see.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 01-23-2004, 10:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation

HERSHEY’S KISSES chocolates 1 piece = 25 cal, 1.5 g fat, 0 fiber
so... 1 kiss is worth roughly 1/2 pt each... not too bad if you ask me!! = 2 pts!
Old 01-23-2004, 12:28 PM   #14  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All...

I lost a big long post this morning, and am now at work and don't have time to redo it.

Way to go Paragoddess on your great loss, & that's good news about the Hershey's kisses!!

Have a great weekend everybody!

Karen
Old 01-23-2004, 01:58 PM   #15  

Hi all,

Judy - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you're trip into the city on Sunday isn't too difficult and that you get a snow day on Monday. Might as well go for the whole shebang. Sorry to hear you had a rough night last night. I'm sure you'll keep it under control tonight and have a successful weigh in tomorrow. Hope your hip feels better soon.

Paragoddess - Thanks for the info on the kisses. Good to know.

Karen - Hi!

I had a good day yesterday, but then did some heavy duty late night snacking. I used my activity points and 10 flex points. Oh well, I still have 25 left and I'm going to try my hardest not to touch them this weekend. I really have to work on my snacking. But at least I've been getting in my milks and fruits and vegetables. One habit at a time. I got my bike ride in today, so my four workouts for the week are fulfilled. No chance of getting out for a walk today - it's not only still as cold, but it's grey and snowing a bit. Maybe this weekend... Still no plans for the weekend and still hoping to keep it that way. If my MIL joins us for church, that will mean lunch afterwards, but I'll try to steer us somewhere that has some point friendly options.

Have a great day and a terrific weekend.
Closed Thread