Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2001, 08:22 AM   #1  
Determined Chick!

Thumbs down

HELP! After 4 wks totally on the program, I fell off the wagon over the weekend. I really didn't do to bad on Sat
food-wise (out at restaurant/bar for evening watching a band). I had a petite fillet, twice baked potatoe, vegi, salad
full fat dressing on side (I used fork dipping method). I did drink quite a bit of wine, but I also had a ton of water and
danced so much I was sore the next day. The problem was the time *before* we went out ... I had used almost all
my pts before we even left for our evening out. .. that "oh well" mindset had me sabotaging myself before getting
to the restaurant. Stuck in that mindset, I didn't load up on good food to bring with me for the next morning (it was a
sleep-over), and found myself at a buffet (starved). "oh well " attitude is still on, and I don't even come close to
keeping on track at the family party that afternoon. It gets
worse! I actually ate ice cream out of the container last night around 2 A.M. It is like every bad habit I thought I got rid
of came back to haunt me. Control was out the window. :-Z

Needless to say, I'm back OP today. I don't know the damage I did over the weekend as my weigh in is Tues P.M.
This is so important to me, and I'm trying not to be depressed about this setback. I guess I'm most concerned
about losing that mental focus that has been driving me to be OP. On the positive side...I had a blast!

Holly
Old 03-26-2001, 10:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Holly - I had that kind of a weekend too. We don't ever get rid of our bad habits, I don't think, we just learn how to resist them and control. And most importantly, we learn how to hop right back OP after giving in to them. So, learn from your weekend so that you know how to prepare yourself next time and stay right back on program. The past is past. Sounds like you had fun all the same. I haven't heard of that particular band, but then again, hubby and I don't get out all that much anymore.

Liza - Sounds like you had a good weekend. You're right - it is a Catch 22 with the ankle healing. I keep telling myself to just be patient.

Hockychic - You certainly are welcome to join in! Glad to have you on board. I like your determination. Stick with us and we'll see you through.

I'm posting a maintain for today and I'm grateful for it. I went with some co-workers for a couple of drinks after work on Friday and that pretty much set the tone for the weekend, although I didn't go crazy wild - at least not too much. However, John brought some peanut M&Ms into the house on Sunday (I thought of you Judy) and I managed to do considerable damage there. But like I told Holly - the past is past and all I can do at this point is move forward. This week is going to be a bit tricky as my boss is coming into town and wants to take his staff out for drinks and appetizers on Tuesday and then is sponsoring a lunch for the whole office on Wednesday. So - I'll be eating very lightly today and doing the best I can on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Have a great day everyone.

P.S. - I'm changing my official goal weight to 140 - up a couple of pounds. If I get to 138 eventually, that will be great, but I want to pick a weight that I think I don't have to struggle with. And I remember that the last time I weighed 140 - a long, long time ago, I looked pretty darn good.

Carla
255/252/140
Old 03-26-2001, 11:36 PM   #3  

Holly - Take a deep breath and get right back OP. The weekend is over and all you can do is learn from it. I think the most important thing to learn is that lapses happen, but if you get right back OP there isn't too much damage. You can do it!

Liza - Way to go handling the birthday bash. The weather was really nice last week, but it's cold again this week. I'm hoping tomorrow afternoon gets warm enough for me to get out.

Hockeychic - Welcome. I think the best thing you can do is realize that there will be ups and downs OP, but if you don't quit, you will get to goal.

Carla - Congratulations on the maintain, especially after a rough weekend.

Judy - Hope Anthony had a great birthday party.

I am happy to report a 2 lb loss this week...finally. I walked on Saturday so that made five days last week. I'm sure that made the difference. Sara decided on a college. It's not her first choice (just couldn't afford it). The college is a small private college with small class sizes about 15 miles from here. Her cousin goes to this college and loves it now even though it wasn't his first choice either. She is really looking forward to going. I'm just glad the decision has been made.

Pat
(178/142/135)
Old 03-27-2001, 08:03 AM   #4  

Holly - I couldn't have said it better than Carla - the important thing is to try to learn from the experience so you can prepare a strategy next time and most importantly, don't let this throw you off course. Forgive yourself and go on.

Carla - Congratulations on the maintain. Oh, I feel for you with those M&M's. Sounds like a good strategy for tonight and tomorrow.

Pat - Congratulations on the 2 pounds gone forever and for walking 5 days - yes, I'm sure that the walking gave your metabolism a little boost. Even though it wasn't her first choice, it sounds like the college should be a good for you Sara. It's always good to know someone else who is going to the same place too - they can give you the inside "scoop" on things.

I didn't weigh in this week - we had a lot to do on Saturday in preparation for the party and I wanted to make the day less rushed (the fact that the weigh-in would have been about 1/2 pound up didn't help either). I had a weekend similar to you Holly and Carla. The birthday party was a lot of fun and I was pretty good during it - I didn't count points but ate moderately. Anthony enjoyed himself and his gifts and it was nice to have the family together. Sunday night was a problem though- I went a little haywire on leftovers - but I got right back on program yesterday and figure that I have to stay in my range of points - any earned on exercise will go for the deficit (whatever it is) I racked up on Sunday night. The good news is that the sneak peeks don't look so bad. This week's exercise is going to be all yoga - the last couple of weeks have taken their toll on my knees and feet so this week I'm stretching and giving them a rest.

Better get going - having been off yesterday I have a bunch of things to catch up on.

Judy
163.6/157.4/135
(last week's numbers)
Old 03-27-2001, 11:50 AM   #5  

Hi everyone.

Pat - Congratulations on a great loss. It's good to see the walking pay off, no? I'm sure your relieved that Sara has her college chosen. Even though it's not her first choice, I'm sure she'll be happy there. I firmly believe that things work out the way they are supposed and I bet that she'll come to be thankful that she couldn't go to her first choice because she loves where she's at. Will she live on campus or at home?

Judy - Glad to hear the party went well. Leftovers can do me in too. I love 'em for some strange reason. Probably because it's good food with no effort. Giving your knees and feet a break this week is a good idea. I'm sure you'll have a great weigh-in on Saturday.

Well - climbing out of the abyss of an off-program weekend is hard, but I did it. I didn't have a point to spare by the end of the day, but I didn't go over points either. And, I managed to eat just one M&M. I didn't think that was possible. I really had to fight with myself not to blow off yesterday, but I knew that if I did I'd find myself struggling even harder today. What with the dinner tonight and the lunch tomorrow I'd end up blowing the whole week. I'm feeling pretty positive about tonight - I have an under 10 point day planned and I spent 30 minutes on the stationary bike this morning to earn myself a couple of extra points.

Carla
Old 03-27-2001, 11:45 PM   #6  

Judy - I'm glad you had a good time at the party. Those leftovers are what get me every time. I do great while everyone is around and then eat like crazy when its over. Good job getting right back OP. I'm sure the college will be a good fit for Sara. It is a lot like her first choice in size and her cousin has been telling her all along she should come there. She has already promised to work on the newspaper staff with him.

Carla - Way to go on only having one M&M and staying OP! You should be proud. Good luck at the dinner and lunch. Officially Sara will be living at home, but she will probably be spending most of her time at her cousin's apartment. He has a two bedroom apartment just two blocks from campus and his roommate is graduating. She is supposed to live at home or on campus for the first semester, but her cousin knows of other people that officially lived at home, but usually stayed with friends. Even if she comes home to sleep, he said she can come to the apartment to eat and study and we'll go ahead and help him on the rent until she can move in.

I got out for a walk today. I didn't do as well with the food. First my sister was making chocolate chip cookies again this morning and I had a little too much dough. Then Darrell met us for lunch and bought fries to share. I did get right back on track by dinner, but I know I'm over points for the day.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 03-28-2001, 07:39 AM   #7  
Determined Chick!

Thanks for all the supportive messages :-). I am posting a maintain this week (by the skin of my teeth, I might add ;-) ). I have not stayed on pts yet, but today starts a new program week and I have had to go back to square 1 and make a pact with myself to stay totally OP for 1 week. So, here goes...

I'll be back to finish my post later...gotta run to work (along with not being able to stay OP, and also can't seem to get out of bed in the AM...go figure!)

Holly
Old 03-28-2001, 09:16 AM   #8  

Carla - way to go on not going over. More than that though, how did you have just one M&M????? That's impressive! Good for you for getting on the bike. Sounds like you will have no problems with today.

Pat - that sounds like a good arrangement for Sara. Good for you for getting out for a walk. I wish the weather would warm up here. I hope to get out for a walk this weekend. How often does your sister make cookies and who eats them all! Good for you for getting right back on track. Don't fret bout being over points. You can make them up and a few points over won't make the difference.

Holly - Congratulations on the maintain. The fact that you have committed to staying OP this week is the way to success. I'm with you and hoping to pull out a maintain come Saturday.

The PMS monster is definitely lurking around my house this week - salty and sweet cravings galore. I gave in a little last night using the points I had banked yesterday (which really weren't there if I count Sunday). . I did a 45 minute yoga tape last night which felt great. I earned a couple of activity points; they helped but I'm used to earning so many more. Oh well, I hope by next week I can get back to my usual cardio and strength workouts. I still have 1.5 points left and plan on banking more and not using them. Today may be a little tough - my sister is taking me out to lunch for my birthday but we are going to a place where I can eat fairly healthy. Tony asked if I wanted to go out to dinner tonight but I decided Saturday would be better so I can eat fairly low points tonight.

Have a great Water Logged Wednesday,
Judy
Old 03-28-2001, 03:02 PM   #9  

Gee, it sure is quiet today. I think I did OK at lunch. Both my sister and I had a grilled portobello mushroom sandwich that had grilled red onions, a couple of slices of cheese and salad greens. It was on one of those big crusty rolls so I'm counting the roll as 6 points and the cheese as 4. I'm planning on a 6 point dinner so before any snacking, I'll have had 20 points. Not too bad. I also walked back and forth to the podiatrist this afternoon (1 point) and plan on doing a little yoga when I get home. I'm planning on using gum, knitting and brushing my teeth earlier in the evening to get through the evening relatively snack free - wish me luck!
Old 03-28-2001, 04:41 PM   #10  

Hi everyone

Pat - How nice that Sara will be able to eventually move in with her cousin. I'm sure the cookie dough and french fries didn't put you too far over.

Holly - Congrats on the maintain. Here's to a good fresh start.

Judy - Happy Birthday! I'm sure you'll do fine not snacking tonight. And tell that PMS monster to leave you alone on your birthday. You know you can do it. Your lunch sounds yummy. I don't know how I managed to eat just one M&M and I don't count on ever being able to do it again.

I did ok at dinner last night. We went to a steak place. I had a small filet and since I like mine well done, I think they gave me the smallest in the place, which was fine by me. Had a couple of spoonfuls of potatoes and a salad and, of course, wine, plus a bit of ice cream. Probably a bit over points but nothing too bad. Made it through lunch today spending more points than I would have liked (stuffed shells - I had one - meatballs, salad, skipped the garlic bread and had a cookie) but I still have enough left for a decent dinner.

Gotta run. Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 03-28-2001, 07:51 PM   #11  

Hi Ho,

Thought I would report in. Weighed today and I have a maintain. Which is ok, considering I have been eating on the go and hospital food. Father In Law became very disoriented for about 3 days last week. We had to keep a vigil at his side to keep him calm. Must have been a medication reaction and now he is much better. Anyway, have read all your ups and downs.

Let's make this week better - Jan
Old 03-29-2001, 08:10 AM   #12  

Carla - good for you for doing so well at dinner and again at lunch. Even if you were over a couple of points, you did great! I always think it's a good idea to remember what we would have had before WW in that situation.

Jan - congratulations on the maintain especially under such stressful circumstances. I'm glad to hear that your fil is doing better. I'm up for this being a better week and I know you can do it too.

I had a good day all around yesterday. I gave myself a rest day from any kind of exercise. After dinner I had a couple of snacks but ended up dozing in front of the TV for most of the evening and so ended up eating my max points but not going over. I'm looking forward to a low-ish point day. We are having the chicken recipe leftovers I made Monday so I hope to be able to bank a couple of points.

Have a great Think Thin Thursday,
Judy
Old 03-29-2001, 01:47 PM   #13  

Hi everyone-

It sure has been quiet around here.

Jan - Congrats on the maintain. Always an accomplishment under stressful circumstances. I hope your in-laws' health continues to improve.

Judy - Dozing in front of the TV - one of my favorite ways to keep from eating, that's for sure. Yay for not going over max. What chicken recipe did you make on Monday?

I ended up at max yesterday as well. Still a bit of a struggle to bounce back from the weekend, but I'm determined to do it. Today's challenges - a box of Krispy Kremes in the kitchen this morning (although not the evil cream-filled kind) and leftover stuffed shells from yesterday's lunch this afternoon (and might I add that they are completely delicious and over favorite lunch to have brought in here). But I persevered and made my "grilled" cheese sandwich for breakfast and my low-fat frozen dinner for lunch. So far so good, but it's been a stressful day with news of a re-org and my new boss as of a few weeks ago when I accepted a permanent position being let go and more changes. So I best stay out of the kitchen for the rest of the day.

Carla
Old 03-29-2001, 02:39 PM   #14  

Carla - I'll post the chicken recipe below. It makes 4 servings and each serving is 4 points. I got it at my WW meeting. Tony loved it - he even suggested we have the leftovers tonight! I served it over brown rice and it was yummy.

Gee that's very stressful - I'm glad to hear that you accepted the position with them - I assume it was what you wanted, right? Sorry to hear about the new boss being let go. Was he/she part of your decision to accept the position? I know from experience that even when it's not you who are let go, it's a very stressful time. Do you have any low point snacks around? Here's {{{{{STRENGTH}}}}}} to stay out of the kitchen!

Saucy Chicken (makes 4 servings)

2 cups chicken broth, divided
cup season flour (flour mixed with a dash of salt and pepper)
4 (4 oz) skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 can (16 oz) stewed tomatoes
3-4 scallions, chopped

Pour cup of the chicken broth into a wide bowl; place flour mixture on plate. Dip each chicken breast in broth, then flour, turning to coat all sides

Spray 10- or 12- inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; cook chicken over medium heat, turning once, until browned on both sides; Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.

Add any remaining flour to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until browned. Slowly stir in cup of the broth; cook until thickened; Gradually stir in the remaining broth; cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.

Add tomatoes and scallions to the skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; return chicken to skillet and simmer until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Old 03-29-2001, 06:03 PM   #15  

Judy - Thanks for the recipe - it sounds delicious and quick and easy too. John and I were just talking about how we have to make hot meals at home more often. This will certainly do the trick!

The boss who was let go was not why I decided to stay. He was only going to be my boss through the conversion and so now I just end up reporting a bit earlier to the boss I was slated to report to after conversion. Long and complicated story but basically I had not been offered a job with the new. Two of my co-workers resigned and they knew I was interviewing and I was honest and told them I couldn't commit to staying through the conversion. The three of us were on the core conversion team from our office and they wooed us all into staying. My new company (the one that purchased us) had just closed the deal on buying another company, similar to my old one, whose management we knew and respected. The president of that company is now running the division I'm working in and that was really the key to my staying.

Talk to you later.

Carla
Closed Thread