Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2001, 11:40 PM   #16  

Liza - Congratulations on another 2 lbs. gone forever. Glad to hear things are getting easier.

Judy - Sorry the M&M's got to you, but at least they are gone now. I have been having trouble with Darrell bringing candy, cookies, chips back into the house. I think I finally got through to him that I can't handle those types of things in the house. I do want to get back to the run/walks again this year. I think they were a major reason I was able to maintain my loss for so long. I started gaining when I couldn't get out for the jogs.

Jan - The needle wanting to go down does count for something. I'm sure you'll see a good loss next week. I can't believe the nurse didn't even know why you were concerned with your FIL having all that beef. I'm glad you are able to get in some walking. When my mom was in the hospital my sister and I would walk the halls a lot and it did seem to help relieve some of the stress.

Carla - Sounds like you did a good job on the dinner. The Mexican food sounds good. Darrell doesn't like Mexican so I rarely get any.

I'm a couple of points over today, but at least it was on my lunch and not because of snacking. We got the estimate of damages to the car ($2,000), but still haven't been given authority to have it fixed. My boss (a lawyer) said he'll call them for us if we don't get approval soon. After all, the police officer told Darrell that from the damages to the cars he didn't think the accident could have happened the way the lady is saying.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 03-22-2001, 07:24 AM   #17  

Pat – Good for you for not snacking. I sure need to get that into control this week. Ouch on the damages to the car. I’m sure that your boss calling will help. Insurance companies don’t want to hear from lawyers and with the support of the police, I’m sure they will have to come through.

I did not have a good day yesterday. It was a stressful day and I was feeling pretty rotten mood wise when I got home – very PMSy. I decided to go with the dinner we had planned even though I knew that would leave me a lot less "wiggle room". I felt better after dinner but I still turned to snacking – bad salty and sweet cravings. I ended up 12.5 points in the hole and boy are my rings tight this morning. Things should be a little less stressful today (I hope) and since it’s a telecommute day, I plan on getting in some exercise at lunch and maybe after work too. I’m not going to stress about the deficit but I am going to try to whittle it down to 0 by Saturday.

Have a great Think Thin Thursday all,
Judy
Old 03-22-2001, 12:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone -

Judy - Sorry to hear that your day was so rotten yesterday. You're right not to fret about the deficit - it's done and over. I'm sure you'll have it whittled down by Saturday. In the meantime, guzzle that water, girlfriend.

Pat - A couple of points isn't going to do any damage and good for you for not snacking. That's some painful car bill. I hope your boss can get the other woman's insurance company moving on it.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I saved a point, which is good, but I think I'm doing too much snacking at night, even though I have the points available to me. So I'm going to have to watch that. I did walk home from the train station yesterday and added a couple of extra blocks to my walk so that I would get a full 20 minutes of exercise.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 03-22-2001, 11:48 PM   #19  

Judy - Sorry you had such a stressful day. Hope you were able to get in your exercise at lunch. Good for you not to stress about the deficit. You're under enough stress right now and all you can do is get back on track.

Carla - Way to go adding some extra blocks to your walk from the station. I have the same problem with night snacking. I think a lot of days I eat too light during the day to save points for the evening, but I think I need to spread my points out more through the whole day. It seems like once I start I have a hard time stopping.

I got out for another walk today so that makes four this week. Its been a long time since I've done that much in a week. I did pretty well with the food, although my sister was baking chocolate chip cookies again this morning. I only took two bites of the dough and then left for work a little early. Nothing on the car yet. Darrell called our insurance company and they said the other lady's company does this a lot. They said to give them until Monday to talk to the officer and if we don't hear something they will start hounding them.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 03-23-2001, 09:59 AM   #20  

Carla – way to go walking home from the train station and adding a couple of blocks too! How is your ankle feeling? I know what you mean about snacking at night (don’t I ever) but there’s nothing wrong in using all of your points, especially if you are exercising. I agree with Pat though – once I start it’s hard to stop.

Pat – Way to go on 4 walks this week! Sounds like you are right back into the swing of things. Good for you for stopping at two bites of dough. I think I like the dough even better than the cookies. I know that the whole thing with the car must be aggravating but at least it sounds as if your insurance company is going to help out by hounding the woman’s.

I had a much better day yesterday. I exercised at lunch time and after work and got rid of all but 5.5 points of the deficit. I ate my max points but didn’t go over. I think one thing that helped was that I had some protein in some of my snacks. I love ricotta cheese and had a little “lite” ricotta – it really helped me to feel satisfied. I hope to get some kind of exercise in at lunch time. I’m taking the afternoon and Monday off. Lots to do starting this afternoon for the birthday party on Sunday. I’m making caponata and bean salad today and our old friend Angie’s potato salad tomorrow. (Has anyone heard from her recently? I have to email her and see how she is).

If I don’t get back on later today, have a great weekend!
Judy
Old 03-23-2001, 10:39 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Pat - Good job stopping at the two bites of cookie dough! And on four walks this week!! I think it's a good idea to spread points out throughout the day. I usually do get in a fair number of points during the day - I think my snacking is just mindless eating.

Judy - My ankle is doing ok, but still feels week and I still limp when I don't have my brace on. I forgot my brace at home today (I went to the dentist for an early a.m. appointment, didn't put the brace on since I was driving, and forgot to put it on when I went home)so I'm a bit on edge about being on it too much. I took a cab from the train station to my office because I'm just too paranoid to walk around outside without it. I'm glad to hear you had a better day yesterday. Sounds like a busy weekend for you. Wish Anthony a happy 3rd birthday for me!

I had a good day yesterday, although snacking brought me to my maximum points. I don't care about using all my points, it's just in most cases the snacking is mindless BTLs - a couple of chips here, a couple of Teddy Grahams there and they add up points. So I'm really going to try to put a stop to after dinner eating - that will be my focus for next week. No particular challenges this weekend, although my MIL did postpone the corned beef and cabbage dinner until tomorrow so that my BIL and SIL could join us. I'm not worried about the corned beef - don't like it, won't eat it - it's whatever else she may have that could be troublesome.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Carla
Old 03-24-2001, 08:39 AM   #22  
Determined Chick!

Hi guys! I've very nervous about tonight -- we are meeting 2 couples for dinner and to stay for a band (then sleeping over at one of their houses). It will be a blast, but nearly impossible to track WW pts. (OK, I meant: nearly impossible to track WW pts and still have fun!) 1st time in almost 4 weeks I'll be "on my own" for an evening (i.e. no strict points counting). The other side of the coin is last time we danced almost every song all night long. I was drenched in sweat! I think that made up for the overdrinking (eating wasn't too much of a problem as I was too drunk to even walk to the salad bar by the time we actually ate...drinking on an empty stomach is not a great idea ;-)! ) All of us but my husband love red wine, and these nights usually become a wine tasting fest -- ordering and trying different wines.

My plan: (1) Don't obsess about WW. (2) Make sure my meal is healthy and portioned (1/4 meat, 1/4 starch, 1/2 vegis). (3) Sip wine slowly and drink water in between glasses of wine (4) dance ALOT

Cece - the band we are seeing is Tumbleweeds -- a local band. Have you ever heard of them? Great job staying OP, BTW :-) You R doing great! I know what you mean about evening snacking. I plan on having a couple evening snacks (approx 4 pts). However, last night I was reaching for a snack every 2 min. I decided the Skinny Cow sandwiches are DANGEROUS! Too good to have in the house for me. All my snacks became Skinny Cow treats, and it was almost embarrassing to right "skinny cow sandwich" in 3 different areas of my journal :-)

Pat - Way to go on the walking! I think it was the extra day of exercise (from 2 to 3) that helped get my weight loss to 2 lbs last week. I'm still working on getting in some toning on the other days -- do you do weights?

Judy - Have fun at your party! Excellent job working on that defecit. To me that sounds like a healthy "lifestyle change." You overdo it one day, cut back the next and exercise, exercise, exercise. It is all about balance.

Have a great weekend :-) Holly
Old 03-25-2001, 06:48 AM   #23  

Can not believe I forgot to buy coffee on the way home yesterday. Here it is at 6 am and I am drinking water. Not the same.

Family birthday bash yesterday was fun and not too bad on points. Had some problem resisting the roasted potatoes and cheese, but overall not too bad as I was prepared. The kids all got along really well and we had a good time. My nephew who is in scouts got all kinds of things for his upcoming camping trip in New Hampshire. I say it is too cold, but he is outfitted now.

Holly, hope the weekend ends up being as much fun as it sounds and you sound really conscious of what you need to do. Have no idea what the point count of dancing is, should be something.

Carla, the problem with an ankle healing up is that it only goes faster if you stay off of it and if you stay off of it, it seems like forever.

Judy, the food plan sounds solid and addresses the things you like. A little of what you like is better than any amount of what you do not care for. I feel this way about lima beans and since they are the only veg I do not eat, still do not eat.

Pat the weather where you are must be getting good you are out walking lots.

Have a great Sunday, off to get everyone ready for church.

Liza
Old 03-25-2001, 05:09 PM   #24  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default Can I join

Hi, I'm coming back to try again and would like to join in if that is alright with all of you. I am starting tomorrow and would like, not wait I will lose 40pds by Sept 15/01. I have a wedding to go to then where most of the people there I haven't seen for over 10 years and they will not see me fat. I would appreciate any advice any of you have on sticking with it, I tend to give up to fast. Hope to hear from you all soon

175/135
Closed Thread