Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2001, 06:48 AM   #16  

WELCOME REDLADYBUG....you will find this thread wonderfully supportive...and everyone warm and friendly.

Goodluck...just wanted to wish you a 'hello'...will check in later.

Carla
Old 03-19-2001, 07:20 AM   #17  

Default OP DAY

Good Morning All,

I had a light bulb moment-this morning I was in the kitchen and I said I'm going to have an on program day. I think I usually just assume that I'm going to do it but don't say it to myself and then it just slips away. I need to make a daily conscious decision. I don't know if that makes sense to you. I'm better at talking than writing my feelings.

I'm doing well even with TOM. My weight is on the low side and I want to stay there. I've finally stopped losing the same pounds over and over. I'm below that weight. I kept going between 226 and 232. I definitely don't want to see 230 again. Now I'm between 224 and 226. I usually use a 2# range since I seem to go up and down everyday.

Yesterday I had my parents and in-laws over for St. Pat's dinner. It was fun and I enjoyed spending the day cooking. I hardly ever do that anymore. I'm going to plan on doing that more often. I did ok with eating. I didn't count my points but I just ate one meal all day. Of course that included a sinfully rich chocolate mousse cake. No more of that for me.

REDLADYBUG-Welcome always room for one more! Sounds like you are really moving in the right direction. I too want this to be a lifetime change. Since coming here I have to say I know it will be that. This is the longest time I've been committed to eating healthy and the 1st time I've actually started exercising regularly. Good luck to you !

PAT- I could relate to that high you got in the beginning of your program. I lost about 15#s in Oct and Nov. and my total loss now is 20#s. I don't miss the obsessiveness but I do miss the weight loss. Now I'm trying to get some balance in my life which includes diet and exercise. I actually ended up quite run down from trying to do too much too soon.

Pat you mentioned Oriental food. Do you cook it or buy it from a restaurant?

ELLIE-I'm glad you are doing better. What brand scale do you have? I have a digital and I can weigh myself take a shower and weigh myself again and it's 3#s different. I think it's a Health-O-Meter.

BLONDIE-Hope you are feeling well. How did you do when you were sick? I usually do poorly when I'm sick. Hope you did ok.

LIZA-Glad to see you are going to join the Easter Challenge. I flopped on the V.Day Challenge but did well on the St. Pats Challenge. Maybe the Easter challenge will be the one for you. No pressure intended!

SIL-So can I come to you for gardening advice? My yard needs massive work and I'm looking forward to getting it done this spring and fall.

Have a Good day All!
Old 03-19-2001, 09:40 AM   #18  
GARDENING ADDICT

Default HAPPY MONDAY MORNING ALL

I hope that everybody had a great weekend. I just typed a long reply and then lost it before I could submit it, so this will be a condensed version (since I suck at typing)
Redladybug~~~ Welcome to the group.

Pat~~~ I just had to respond to your comment about feeling like a failure when you post a gain.
We are all struggling with the same problem. If we were able to eat what we want and still maintain a perfect weight, then none of us would be here. Do not feel alone.
I remember a time when a member said that she was having a very difficult time staying OP but was embarassed to admit it because it SEEMED as if everybody else was doing great. Well, as soon as she said that, several of us admitted that we were also having a tough time but didn't want to say anything either.
We will all have those ups and downs from day to day (even within the same day). I don't ever want this place to make someone feel guilty or pressured . I want it to be a place for motivation, knowledge, support and friendship. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER AND TOGETHER WE CAN ACCOMPLISH ALOT
~~~Sil
Old 03-19-2001, 04:05 PM   #19  

Default thanks for the welcome!

Happy monday everyone! (even if it's 4:00p.m. like it is where I live!)
thanks for the welcome. I had a really good day so far--it's amazing how you can fit almost any food into the points thing! I'm looking forward to "talking" with all of you. Keep on going!!

Redladybug 240/175
Old 03-19-2001, 05:26 PM   #20  

Default Can I join you

Hi I would like to join you all here if thats OK?

I am a New Zealander.I joined WW last October and paid up for 18 weeks. I was at 170lb then and Im now 160lb. i did well in the beginning but since xmas and newyear I have really struggled and gone off the beaten track.

I really cant justify paying more money to continue with the meetings and need personal support which I dont find I really get from my meeting.
I get the face to face contact but no one on one if you know what I mean.

My initial goal is to get to 130lb and may want to go to 125 which is my ideal (hense the name) and the Bee being a play on words as my surname is
Honeycombe.

I can never be content to remain the weight I am so I have to find the strength to do the program.
I like WW because it does leave us with the choice of selecting from all the food groups so we dont need to feel deprived. Its just not overeating thats the problem!

So anyway I hope I can I belong here with you and I can get back on the road.

Thanks Jenny
Old 03-19-2001, 05:54 PM   #21  

Default Jenny Bee 125 Welcome

Jenny, welcome to the At Homers, some of us have been here for a while and some of us, me, have returned after a hiatus into the uncontrolled land of bad habits.

I would suggest a couple of things, not to concentrate on the end number, the goal may be 125 pounds, but think instead of what you get once there or on the way. Even the 10% goal get you into a much better place healthwise.

Also, try the program bits, not bites, at a time. For example I am still trying to incorporate the exercise into my daily program. I started with the easiest for me, the water and proceeded from there.

RedLadyBug, Ladybug is my daughter's nickname. I can not resist anything I see with a ladybug association. Welcome to you too, the more the merrier since sometimes we get a little run down, or tired and do not post as much as we read, there really are not any rules beyond being supportive and constructive.

Sil, sorry about all that effort in the typing and it got lost, I really miss it, you are so clever and up. And even your abbreviated version was excellant.

Shashe, you are stringing together those on program days and tracking like a wild thing. I think I am going to actually journal a week or two to make sure I am eating as balanced as I think I am. I use the WW blue calculator to track my points but it does not account for the actual choices. I also liked your advice on challanges. Who knows where I would be if I were not at least trying.

Off of check on dinner.

Liza
Old 03-19-2001, 07:07 PM   #22  
GARDENING ADDICT

Default Welcome Jenny

Jenny, Welcome to the boards. You are a busy bee~everywhere I go tonight there you are~
Glad to see you joinung in on the challenge also. Good luck.
P.S. Where are you getting all those cute avitars/icons?
~~~Sil
Old 03-19-2001, 07:10 PM   #23  
GARDENING ADDICT

Default Congratulations Shashe

Congratulations to our very own Shashe. She lost the most weight on the St. Pattys Challenge with a loss of 6 pounds Way to go, girl.
~~~Sil
Old 03-19-2001, 07:38 PM   #24  

SHASHE......WOW YOU GO GIRL!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
THIS IS GREAT....SO HAPPY FOR YOU.
Old 03-19-2001, 09:22 PM   #25  

Default Busy Bee thats me,lol.

Thanks for the welcome ...
LISA I think thats a good idea to take things more in steps instead of having to do everything A1 perfect right off.
To drink my water get in my fruit and veges and exercise (walking) will be a really great start back to business for me.
Yes SIL its nice to be back with a group and all the little icons I have on my computer so its fun to use them!!
This new board is great isnt it

Congrats on the 6lb SHASHE

catch you again soon
Old 03-19-2001, 11:09 PM   #26  
snerdlet

Default hooray

Way to go Sashe!!!!! 6lbs, I am so jealous......

Welcome Bee125 and Redladybug. I hope you find the inspiration from this board that I do.

Sashe - I have been cooking those interesting oriental bowl foods. I found a lot of recipes in the current Betty Crocker Pasta recipe book (found at a grocery store near you), and most recipes are between 4-7 points per serving. I tried a new one tonight that had sun dried tomatoes, chicken, pasta and a lot of veggies in it. I will try to post it tomorrow when I have more time. I highly recommend this little recipe book as it had so many good recipes in it that were in my point range for dinner. The Pillsbury one didn't pan out this month because it had a lot of past Pillsbury bake-off winner with very, very high point recipes.

Sil - I hear you loud and clear. I will say one thing for myself though... I started riding my bike last week and I have kept it up this week. Now I just need to do it every week from here on out. I did terrible on points today (total lack of planning on my part), but I went grocery shopping today and made my lunch for tomorrow. Thanks for the wrods of inspiration.

Have a great day tomorrow.

Pat
218/198/160

Old 03-20-2001, 06:59 AM   #27  

HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!!!

Just wanted to greet everyone this morning with a cheery note....SPRING HAS SPRUNG!

Make it a good one.

Carla
Old 03-20-2001, 07:06 AM   #28  

Default you folks are so clever!

hi everyone!
You all are so clever with your computers--with the icons and graphics, and everything! I'm so "technology impaired", it's a wonder that I can even turn my computer on--lol!
Liza--I love ladybugs! How did your daughter get her nickname?
Well. everyone have a good day--I've found if I drink big thermos of water on the way to work, I can get alot of my water goal done in the am.
redladybug 240/175
Old 03-20-2001, 09:12 AM   #29  

Good Morning, First Day of Spring and I am going to take a walk at lunch time, no matter what.

RedLadyBug, my daughter got the nickname in a very sentimental way. When we brought her home from the hospital, andher father was carrying her into the house, a ladybug landed on her arm and it really melted her father's already soft heart.

Good idea to start your water consumption so early in the day, it really helps to establish a new habit that way. I have never had a problem with the water consumption, and am problem solving getting exercise into my day.

Off to organize my day, did not finish very well last night, but the day overall was ok. I am focusing on what was good and learning from what was bad.

Liza 195/193/190
Old 03-20-2001, 02:07 PM   #30  
GARDENING ADDICT

Happy First Day of Spring
I hope that everybody is having better weather than I am. It was pouring rain with fast winds and hail this morning and traffic was a mess. I spent over an hour standing in line to register for next semester at school. When I was done, I ran into one of my proffesors and he said that he could have done it from his office for me. NOW he tells me. Well I back home, safe and warm, in my thermal pajamas~ so I guess it could always be worse, huh?
Last night I caved in and ate a bunch of Chex Mix. This morning when I got up, I had retained so much water that my eyes were swollen .
I just put together some cool whip sandwiches (chocolate graham crackers with fat free cool whip in between) and put them in the freezer. I'll have it tonight with some hot chocolate for my late night snack. Also, I made some Spicy Pasta Soup for dinner . With my planning, I hope to have a better day.
~~~Sil
Closed Thread