3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   Starting Over #24~NEWCOMERS WELCOME (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/3026-starting-over-24%7Enewcomers-welcome.html)

2BFIT1 03-14-2001 06:55 AM

Everybody have a great OP day and don't forget to drink your water;)
~~~Sil

shashe 03-14-2001 07:27 AM

Emotional Eating

Good Morning All,

I've had a couple of heavy eating days. Today it stops! I'm going to be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal good and hopefully maintain my weight loss from last week.

I was really crazed on Monday. My daughter was having a new friend over which meant a new mother over so that meant major cleaning. At the same time I was trying to get information from my mortgage company before another company started the refinancing which we had okayed. I got transfered from person to person and put on hold. At the same time I was running outside every 5 minutes to see if my other daughter woke up from her nap in the car. I was feeling guily about my uncle and I am getting my period. Needless to say I was shoving food in my mouth.

It's amazing how there is too much to do and I add one more thing, eating (if you can call it that).

I really have to work on my emotional eating. I eat less then I used to eat when I'm bored or depressed but worry still gets me. I have to go back to when I started and use some basic techniques like leaving the kitchen, going outside or posting.

There is some good news. My uncle's heart seems to be doing better and they believe he will get out of the hospital.

Well, Have a Happy and Healthy Day!

snerdlet 03-14-2001 09:24 PM

Sharon - I wish I could come over to help you with every thing you are doing. You definitely have a lot going on in your life. Good luck girlfriend!!!!!

Sil and Carla - thanks for the kind, encouraging word. I am definitely back on track. I had to hit rock bottom again before I realized I needed to get back OP for real. Not the cheating OP I have been doing for a while.

I hope everyone is doing okay.

Pat

shashe 03-15-2001 06:22 AM

Back to Basics!

Pat thanks for your offer. I too need to get back to basic program. I lost my weight in Oct and Nov. and now I go down 3# s and up 2. I think I've lost the last 5#s 5 times. Enough. Yesterday I thought I would be real good because I weigh in on Thurs. on another board but I was far from on program. Right after I post this and my challenge on the other board, I'm going to write my food for the day in my notebook and my short term goals and long term goals on the calendar. I'm also going to put a sheet on the fridge which on which I keep track of my water. Hope you have an OP Day.

I'll probably be back later.

Take Care,
Sharon
PS Any business trips coming up?

Ellie 03-15-2001 06:36 AM

Same old, same old

Good morning! sounds like the same old, same old. Down 3, up 2, down 2, up 3. I am so tired of this yo-yo-ing up and down. Did so well for 2 weeks, then last weekend came, and BAM. to quote Emeril, I fall off and really get a case of the eats!!

I am so disappointed in myself. :cry:

I am getting back on today, writing down my points, drinking the water, exercising, the whole smash. :cool:

I buy such good food for us to eat, I just eat tooooo much of it. I admit! food tastes so GOOD.

Hi to everyone, congratulations to those who have lost! You're doing great. Keep it up!

TTFN :wave:

2BFIT1 03-15-2001 07:17 PM

SHARON, I'M SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOUT UNCLE IS DOING BETTER.
GOTTA GO RIGHT NOW BUT I'LL BE BACK IN THE MORNING TO POST.
DON'T FORGET THAT TOMORROW (OR SAT. ) IS THE FINAL WEIGH-IN FOR THE ST. PATS CHALLENGE. NEXT WEEK STARTS THE EASTER CHALLENGE. LOOK FOR IT!!
~~~SIL

Liza 03-15-2001 08:00 PM

oh yes, those five pounds

Well, I was thinking I had lost my mind, when since the new year and new committment I have lost and gained the same 5 pounds a couple of times. And I seem to be able to do this all in a single week. So I have been busy.

Lately, I have been really trying to incorporate the exercise and was successful for two weeks until my throat got really sore which is the sign of a head cold coming (I get mine backwards, most people get the nasal drip causing the sore throat)

I got some motivation today, my SIL found out she has 4 kidney stones, and one is too large to pass so she has to go in and have it blasted. I was reading about KS and the causes and treatments. Two things to think aobut, there is some cause in stressful living and there is some predisposition. They seem to taper off in the 40's so that is one less thing for me to worry about.
I feel really badly for her and there is nothing I can do.

Her problems reinforce my committment to lose this weight before I get any more or any larger health problems. I have to buckle down and really focus on good choices.

On the up side, I am at the low end of my 5 pound bounce, so if I carefully continue to bank points for this weekend, I can have a nice dinner, even a beer, and be right on track. I would love to get to losing those preChristmas pounds.

Challange wise, I am wondering if they do not work for me. I have done the last two and gotten no where, probably not the fault of the challange. (LOL)

Liza 195/190/140

snerdlet 03-15-2001 09:06 PM

You would think those 5lbs would finally get the hint and move out already

Ellie - I hear you. Food does taste good. If it didn't I wouldn't be in so much trouble. I have really been trying to break out of my usually habit of eating comfort food and trying to eat very different types of food. I am leaning towards the oriental food right now, especially the bowl foods where they put a lot of different flavors or textures in one bowl. It's been interesting.

Sharon - No, thank goodness. I am at home for a while. But I do have to plan a few trips to Arizona and California in the early summer. The co-worker I would go with on those trips though weighs about 275 and doesn't care what he eats. So it could be challenging.

Liza - hope you feel better quick. I had a bad, bad cold last week and I am so glad it is over. I have found out that I don't do well on the challenges because it reminds me too much of the weigh ins at the WW meetings I went to before. I feel pressure to do well...which causes stress...which starts this viscious cycle for me that always leads to my downfall. In fact I posted that I would do the challenge for St Pat's day and then went back in the next day and deleted it becuase I could already feel the stress heating up. I know that sounds weird but I only do well on the program when I don't expect myself to lose a certain amount, or feel pressure to show a loss to someone else. I hope that makes sense.

Anyway - I hope everyone is doing well. I found another Tuna recipe so I will post that tonight for those needing fish on Fridays.

Pat

Blondie34 03-15-2001 10:45 PM

Hi all, I just ghot in from work I still have my cold and sore throat also 2 weeks ago I had it in my throat and chest now it is in my nose come on spring. I can't eat when I don't feel good so I never have enough points I hope I lose weight this week last week I stayed the same well got to go I have to be back at work early in the morning.Just remember take one day at a time .Dee

2BFIT1 03-16-2001 07:08 AM

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYBODY!

Good Morning All~~~

Blondie and Liza~~~I hope that you both are feeling better soon.

Liza and Ellie~~~Hang in there guys. I know that you can do it. Just trying your best is helping us to get healthier. We don't always have to show a weight loss. I think THAT is the most important thing to remember. Take each day at a time.

Everybody~~~I've started an Easter Challenge under the thread "Weigh-ins and Count-downs". I know that some of you feel too much pressure to enter weekly weights. That's OK. I understand. As for me, I feel that it makes me accountable to ME. (which is what I'm doing this for~not for anybody else) If I don't show a loss, hey, it's just one day along this journey. There are days that I don't make the best choices. I'm not perfect. If I was , then I wouldn't be here.
~~~Sil

shashe 03-16-2001 07:18 AM

Finally!

Happy to say that I had a 100% Op day. Just had to say that it feels really good. OK off to write down my food for the day. Might see you later today.

Have A Great Day!

Ellie 03-17-2001 02:31 PM

Quickly!

Hi everyone, only have time for a quick HELLO! I have done better the last few days. Bought a new scale last night, I LOVE this one, it weighs me about 3 lbs. lighter than my old one, yet I think it is more accurate. This one is a digital, whereas my old one was springs. Oh well, time will tell. Have to go to the Dr. next month!! Woe is me!!!

Thought this little guy was so cute, so I wanted you to see him

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE

TTFN

snerdlet 03-17-2001 09:46 PM

Sil - Thanks for reminding me who I am doing this for. I was just feeling pressure when I had to post my weight, especially when I went up. I know I am not even close to being perfect, but I really felt like a failure when everyone else saw that I had gained weight. It's funny, when I first started the program I was so OP everyday - it was almost obsessive. I had a lot of motivation and I lost 25'ish lbs in about four months. Then I felt better about my weight and my health and suddenly the motivation was gone. So now I struggle with the motivation part and reading the posts here helps a lot. Funny thing is....I seem to do really well during the week when I am at work, I make my lunch everyday, I plan exactly what we are having for dinner, I set my breakfast out the night before... but on the weekend all I do is eat. There is no structure on my weekends so I seem to get lost, forget when to eat, and eat all day. That is definitely something I need to work on. Anyway - I know I do this for me.....I just need to remind myself of that.

Patricia

Liza 03-18-2001 07:07 AM

Ellie, loved the lepuchane (sp) very cute.

Pat, thanks for the thoughts on the challanges. I am going for the Easter one anyway and concentrate on doing this for me.

Overall, I am healthy now than 4 months ago, and I am smaller, and getting into the exercise. I have come a long way toward self control and am able to portion out snacks from the big bag as opposed to chowing the whole thing.

Looking forward to losing new weight.

Liza

redladybug 03-18-2001 04:59 PM

Hi everyone--
I am a newbie to WW at home. Several years ago, I had great success with regular WW, but I did not make permanent changes in my eating, so all the weight came back, and then some! I have about 65 lbs to lose, but I know I can do it , and keep it off if I decide to really change my habits, and use food for fuel, not for every emotion I'm a compulsive overeater, big time!) Hope you all can stand another newbie! And I hope i can be helpful to you all as we all go along! Thanks! redladybug