Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2001, 11:01 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi Judy - Got it. Here in the Midwest, "pop" means soda so my natural instincts were to think liquid. I'm definitely going to try them out.

By the way, I think Holly was referring to mostoccioli which you may also hear referred to as ziti.

Carla

Last edited by cece; 03-14-2001 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-14-2001, 12:00 PM   #17  

Hi folks!! Well, I lost the 2 lbs I gained a couple of weeks ago. Now, this week I need to work on keeping it off!!
Also, starting to go down to a weight that I haven't seen in a long time. Need to keep that in mind.

Carla, you are really thinking all this through. I am so impressed with the way you are banking points and satisfying your cravings at the same time. I don't think I have had a day under points. Maybe I need to try that.

Judy, frappacino bar sounds delish. There is a Starbuck's about 5 blocks from my house. Will have to walk the dog in that direction some time. Gracie (dog), loves Starbucks because they give her cookies. I love the way you offset your snacks with excercise.

Pat, baby steps back will get you there. How's the water going so far? Have been adding a little fruit juice and or lemon and it helps me get the water going a little better. Stay in there with us as we struggle together.

Good job on the loss, Holly. As I think about my mixture of carbs and protein, I wonder if I am getting enough protein some days. It might help me get through.

Take care - Jan
Old 03-15-2001, 12:30 AM   #18  

Holly - Congratulations on the loss. Glad to hear the meetings are helping you. I'm sure as you do the program longer you'll feel stronger about handling the potluck. I think I'd plan on having a small amount of the mostoccioli and eating low points for dinner. For me, I think skipping it would put me in a diet frame of mind instead of a lifestyle change. I'm about 8 lbs from goal now. Not much, but it seems like a lot more since I don't feel in control. The new clothes still fit, just don't look as good.

Carla - Great job banking some points and planning for your snack. Getting back to the cardio is a good start. I have been doing a little walking again, just not as consistent as before. I do agree that there will always be times of struggling. I know I'm a big stress eater and between work and college planning, it has been a rough couple of months. Should be getting the financial aid packages from the colleges in the next week or two so it shouldn't be much longer before she can make definite plans. She is supposed to let one of the colleges know if she is going to accept their scholarship offer by the end of the month. They'll give her an extension until the first of May, but I'm hoping it won't take us that long to decide.

Judy - As much as I wish I could quit counting points, I guess I need the reminder of how my day is going. Its too easy to "forget" some of those small snacks unless I write them down...and I'm a big snacker.

Jan - Congratulations on the loss and seeing that new weight territory. I've been doing good with the water. I've been getting flavored water to drink at work and that has helped.

Okay I have my goal in mind. I just got some travel info for vacation and there is a lighthouse that you can climb to the top (203 steps). I'd like to go up, but I need to get back to the exercise or I'll never make it. Also got an email from my sister that we are visiting. She has been doing WW since the first of the year and said she should be near goal by the time we get there. I haven't seen her since right after I started WW and I WILL be back at goal when we go in July.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 03-15-2001, 09:44 AM   #19  

Carla – thanks for the translations! I’ve heard of “pop” used as what we call “soda” but I’ve never heard of mostoccioli. Gee, if I had know I could have given Holly the point value. I had another frappacino last night – they sure are yummy – very rich tasting.

Jan – Congratulations on losing those 2 pounds! If it wasn’t for my exercising, I’d be above my max every day and would run up huge point deficits! It’s good that I enjoy exercising ( I know, lots of people think I’m weird).

Pat – I hope the financial aid packages come through soon and with good news. I’m with you on the snacking – if I didn’t write down everything I ate, I wouldn’t have an honest picture of how many points I’m eating. I’m a big snacker and I also have to watch the BLT’s! I think your goals for your vacation sound perfect – reasonable, doable and great motivation!

I had an OK day yesterday until late at night. I came home and did a whole bunch of exercise. I was ending the day with 6.5 points in the activity bank and then decided to have a little Healthy Choice ice cream which has been a red light food for me recently (so you think I’d have the sense to stay away from it). Well, ½ pint later Iused up all my activity points. I didn’t go over but I don’t have anything in the bank for today or the weekend. Still, today is a telecommute day so I’m planning on some exercise during lunch.
Hope everyone has a point friendly, Think Thin Thursday,
Judy
Old 03-15-2001, 10:24 AM   #20  

Hi everyone.

It's a gray, gloomy, rainy day here in Chicago.

Jan - Congratulations on getting rid of those two pounds. I know you'll be successful keeping them off this week.

Pat - That's a great goal that you set for yourself and I know that you'll make it to the top of the lighthouse (and be back at goal while you're doing it)! I hope those financial aid packages come in soon so that Sara can make her choice. I'm glad to hear that the water drinking is going better for you.

Judy - You've got me convinced to buy those Frapacino pops at my next trip to the grocery store. A girl can't live on Skinny Cow's alone. I don't think you're weird for loving to exercise - I wish I had the "exercise" bug like you do. Sorry to hear you had the run-in with the Healthy Choice ice cream - but hey you had the points to spend. I know you'd like to have some in the bank and I also know that you'll put some there with all your exercising. So don't fret. Have you decided what you're going to do about weigh-in?

I had another good day yesterday. I only banked one point, but that's ok with me. I've been doing a pretty good job with getting in all my fruits and vegetables and my water. Next up - making sure I get in my milk servings. That's always been a problem for me, even though I like milk. I just don't like spending the points on it. No cardio this morning - I opted for an extra hour of sleep. I'm going to make myself do some stretching and weight lifting tonight if it kills me and then plan on hopping back on the bike tomorrow morning.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 03-15-2001, 11:39 AM   #21  

Well, I am one proud and thankful Momma today. One son has a meeting close by and called me for lunch and the other son is getting keys for a new house and called us to come and see the house after work.

Judy, I don't think your weird about your excercise. I think it's great. I am a good walker and a back routine a few times a week. Need to work in some resistance. Have an elastic band, but not sure it does much. Will try again. I don't think I will try that ice cream. Sounds to tempting. You still have time to bank for the weekend. How's the sweater coming?

Carla, you are on such a roll and a good one to boot!! Keep it up. I use non-fat milk and it's not to bad on the points.

Pat, what a great goal to climb the steps of a lighthouse. Where is that one? What a great visualization!! And getting to see your sister who will, also, have met goal. Wow, what a motivator.

Holly, it's good to change those pot lucks around for variety. We had a low fat, healthy last Fall and folks were surprised at how good it was!! What are you thinking of bringing.

Had a good day yesterday. Walked after work and I think I got my water in. I seem to have the same reoccuring problem - constipation. I have always had that when I cut back on food, everything gets sluggish. Hopefully, will adjust soon.

Have a great day!! Jan
Old 03-16-2001, 02:32 PM   #22  

Carla - way to go on doing so well with points. I'm with you - I like to chew my points and getting the milk in is always a struggle. If I have a yogurt in the morning and have a ff choc pudding at night I'm OK - otherwise I try to take a Viactiv (if I remember to). So, did you get your stretching and weight work in?

Jan - Do you eat a lot of high fiber foods? I find that with WW I don't usually have a constipation problem because I'm eating so much fiber. You should be one proud momma- that's great about your sons! The sweater is coming along although I didn't work on it last night. I want to finish the hood this weekend and then I just have a little bit of "finishing" to do, since it's worked on a circular needle.

Well, I bit the bullet and ran to a WW meeting at 4:30 yesterday (I hadn't been away from my desk since 7:00 am so I figured I deserved a break! I was rewarded with a 1.4 pound loss! I exercised a little when I finished work and then Tony and I decided to get Chinese takeout because both of us had rough days and neither or us wanted to have what we had planned for dinner. We didn't go nuts though and I finished the day 3 points in the red. Not bad - I'll probably wipe them out tonight with exercise. I have to be sure that I watch from now until next Saturday (3/24) because that's the next official weigh in and I want to keep moving in the right direction.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Judy
163.6/157.4/135
Old 03-16-2001, 03:54 PM   #23  

Hi everyone.

Jan - How great that you got to spend time with your sons yesterday! I use low-fat milk too, but I just don't seem to want to spend even 2 points on it. I did have a glass last night, though, so I'm making progress. Drinking up all your water should help you with your constipation problem.

Judy - Congratulations on a terrific loss! You are moving downward quite nicely! And kudos on having Chinese and keeping your deficit down to 3 points! I take my multi-vitamin with calcium every morning, so that helps. No, I didn't get in my stretching and weight work yesterday. I had trouble getting Ana to sleep last night and by the time I got that accomplished it was 11:00 and I was too tired. I'm shooting for tonight too. Didn't get on the bike this morning either, so I have to get another cardio workout in this week.

I pulled out another good day yesterday and managed to save a couple of points. I'm really struggling today. TOM came yesterday (early) but I'm struggling with sweets like the PMS monster was still hounding me. It started this morning when I went into the freeze in the basement to pull out a frozen dinner to bring to work. I decided to have 1 Girl Scout cookie. Ok - 2 points - not bad. Then at work someone brought in mini-cupcakes for St. Pat's day. Ok - grabbed one, ate it, calculated the points from the nutritional info - 3 points - 5 total on sweets before breakfast, but still salvagable. Then one of my co-worker's brought me a mug full of Robin's Eggs (those candy coated malted milk ball Easter candy thingies) because she knows I like them. That did it. I'm trying my best to ignore them, but I've lost a couple of battles already today. When she leaves for the day, I think I'll ditch them. But - I'm counting the points and so far have fought the "I've blown it so let's just binge" urge. I still have some points left for dinner (and lots of banked points). And, I made a terrific cheese soup last night (got the recipe from the Soups and Stews thread here) for 1 point a cup and it's loaded with veggies, so I think I'll be ok. No big challenges for the weekend. My MIL is making corned beef for dinner tomorrow (and not a drop of Irish blood in our family), but I don't like it, so I'll stick to the cabbage and potatos.

Have a terrific weekend everyone.

Carla
Old 03-16-2001, 05:02 PM   #24  
Determined Chick!

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the advice on the work luncheon. I had the mosticolli (sp?), but I scraped my serving from under the cheese, had one meatball (large) and a large salad with FF Italian -- skipped the garlic bread. I would have preferred to gorge on the cheesy pasta and have a ton of garlic bread, but then I thought of you guys and stayed on track!

You guys are all doing great! I have to say that all of us seem to be doing very well at "working the program" -- success is catchy! I'm actually finding pleasure in making the program work for me -- making good choices, being creative with food, putting off snacks for a time when I'd enjoy them the most, etc...

Short on time, so I'll have to post again later. Good luck with your weekends :-) Holly
Old 03-18-2001, 07:02 AM   #25  

Well, I finished the week feeling better than I started. I should have lost more with the head cold.

Holly, great going on the lunch. Focus is the key at those luncheons. I have to spend most lunches with the WW 0 points soup or the week is lost.

St. Pat's Day was not one of my best but my MIL was happy to come over and play with the 2 year old and DH was glad we were together. Point wise the Boston Creme Pie was over the top. I planned for the day, including 2 beers, so I should be able to compensate today.

SIL has kidney stones, so we are taking turns helping out with the kids and such. She is prone to them and from what I have been reading stress plays a factor. Wish she could get them worked out.

Off to my mom's today for a belated St. Pat's. DH and MIL are going to the Flower Show in Boston so the 2 year old and I are off to a place with no landscaping windmills or waterfalls or anything else to pull up and damage.

The woman at work who is doing WW made the observation that she loses the most when she eats at her high end of points. She exercises lots and so she has a pretty high matabolism. Always a great thing to hear someone starting and their take on things. Puts it into perspective for me.

Liza 195/190/140
Old 03-18-2001, 10:12 AM   #26  
Determined Chick!

Hi guys! I can't decide if it is too wierd to put my picture up with my posts, but I had fun figuring out how to do it! I'm also playing around with the buddy list, but i can't figure out if it will just indicate when someone is online, or if it will be like an instant message thing. I"ve managed to waste plenty of time playing with the new features!

Liza - Hey - I bet St Patricks Day's past were a lot worse food-wise, so think of all the calories you saved -- even with that pie (which sounded wonderful!)

Cece - Robins Eggs?! I LOVE them! To have it be TOM, and be given chocolate should be illegal ;-)! Hang in there because you have been doing fantastic, and you can eat all the Robins Eggs you want while you are walking on the beach looking great after losing a ton of weight. ( I bet they'd taste better then too!)

Judy - Congrats on the loss! I tried the Charlene Pricket (sp?) Start your Engines exercise tape this weekend. It wasn't step, but it was good. I love her friendly manner, and may check out her step tape on collage. Do you have any of her tapes? (A friend loaned me this one - it was a full hr workout)

Talk to you soon - Holly
Old 03-18-2001, 01:50 PM   #27  
Determined Chick!

Decision made: too wierd to have picture on each post - ugh! I'm back to cartoons :-) I didn't mind my pic coming up on this thread - because I think of you guys as friends -- but it was way too strange to have it come up *everywhere* I posted.
Closed Thread