Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 12:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Weigh in at Home - March 31st - April 6th

Hi all.

Sabrina - I'll go take a look at that muffin recipes. I love muffins.

I hope you all had good weekends. Mine was fine. Did pretty good on Saturday. Yesterday I made an early dinner - roast beef, roasted veggies, etc. so we didn't have any supper. I did an exercise video last night - Kathy Smith's Latin Dance moves. It was a good tape, but in the end they all just looked like smiling sadists to me. I gave up early on trying to follow the moves with any real accuracy and just kept my feet moving. I also did a strength and a flexibility workout, so I finished the SELF challenge for another week. Even though I'm behind a week, I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking with it. Today is chilly, but sunny and we're going outside soon. Ana will ride her bike while I walk. I doubt it will qualify as a workout - we'll see how fast and long Ana goes on the bike - but it will be good to be moving outside. TOM is in a couple of days and I'm really bloated right now. I feel like Catherine Zeta-Jones looked at the Academy Awards, minus, you know, being glamours, talented, and rich. Hopefully this doesn't bode too poorly for my weigh-in on Wednesday. I'm guzzling water like crazy and so far it seems to be helping.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 03-31-2003, 04:19 PM   #2  

Carla - Way to go on a good weekend and for sticking with the SELF challenge! LOL about what you said about Catherine Zeta-Jones - I'm sure guzzling the water will help!

I'll have to catch up on last week later this week. Tony and I had a wonderful time at Mohegan Sun last week. I didn't count points but I don't think I did too badly and I did get in exercise on Wed before we got on the road and on Thursday at the fitness center. We stopped by my cousin's new house on the way home and ended up staying over. That meant I didn't get to WW on Saturday to weigh in which was probably good since we had Chinese with my cousin and her husband. Even so, I don't think I did badly because my cousin and I got steamed veggies with tofu and pork with a light sauce on the side. When I got up on Saturday I wasn't feeling too well and by the time we got home, I had some kind of virus - what I guess used to be called the grippe - because it felt like I was hit by a ten ton truck. I managed to make it through Anthony's b.d. party and dinner at my mom's but spent the day in bed yesterday and took a sick day today. I feel a little better but had to nap after doing a load of laundry - so I guess it's still with me. No exercise of course - I hope to get some in by mid-week. Tomorrow is going to be he** catching up at work so I don't know how much I'll be able to post but I'll try.

Back to bed - have a great one!
Judy
Old 03-31-2003, 06:09 PM   #3  

Hello ladies!

Well, I'm checking in to report a MAINTAIN. Not great news, but at least I've stopped gaining. And to be fair, by TOM is here so I guess I shouldn't expect a loss anyway.

Carla: My fiance' flew to Chicago this morning - he goes there once every couple of months on business (his company is headquartered there). Although the office is out in Woodale (sort of a far-out suburb, sounds like?) he is going into downtown Chicago Thursday night to do some exploring. He really likes Michigan Ave. I haven't been to "Chi-town" yet but hope to someday!

Judy: Sounds like you did a good job of eating reasonably on your vacation. Sounds like a great little getaway. Sorry to hear you are sick (boy, we've had our share of that on this forum haven't we?) Take care and let us know how you're doing.

My eating habits have been decent, but not great. I have really got to break my addiction to Thai food and microbrew!

Better get back to work -- nothing strenuous, just cleaning out all of files so I can kiss this f@#$%^&* place goodbye tomorrow afternoon!

S.

166/163/135
Old 04-01-2003, 01:10 PM   #4  

Hi all.

Judy - First of all, Happy, belated by now, Birthday! Glad to hear you had a good mini vacation. I'm sorry to hear you got sick and hope that you're feeling better today and that work isn't too crazy.

Sabrina - Woodale isn't too terribly far away from where I live. I love Michigan Ave. too. It's one of my favorite places to be.

I managed to get a good walk in yesterday. Ana peddled fast enough that I had to walk quickly to keep up and we were out for 40 minutes. So I'm definitely counting it as a workout. TOM started yesterday and I'm still retaining water like crazy, so I'm working hard at flushing it out today. It's another beautiful day out there, so I'm going to try for another walk, even though my knee is a bit stiff.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 04-01-2003, 04:57 PM   #5  

Sabrina - congratulations on the maintain - hey, with TOM I'd say that's really a loss that you will certainly see next week. Oooh, good for you for getting out of that &&%*^()_* place. I wish I could say the same thing!

Carla - That sounds like a great workout with Ana and with the weather getting better all the time (although you'd never know it was spring here today) it should be one that you and Ana can do regularly.

I'm glad I decided to work from home today. I got up earlier than usual (so I could get to work early to catch up) and got half way dressed before realizing that I did not feel well at all. It was a smart move because I ended up losing my breakfast. So today the challenge has been to eat plainly enough to keep food down. I did OK with lunch and plan on having poached eggs and toast for dinner but I will still have to try really hard to get to my minimum. I am trying to drink a lot of water as well as tea. I have a feeling my sneak peek will be pretty good tomorrow morning but I'd rather feel well!

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 04-01-2003, 05:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello Ladies,

I hope you don't mind that I am joining you again. I don't know what happened to me this past month, I have just been a flake.

I got out my food journal yesterday and have done okay (yesterday and today). I plan on doing it this time Summer is right around the corner and I know we will be spending the bulk of it at the lake.

I am looking forward to going back and seeing how everyone is doing. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Anne
194/185/140
SW/CW/GW
Old 04-01-2003, 08:17 PM   #7  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All,

Anne - welcome back! Nothing wrong with flaking now and then.

Judy - sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Hope it'll be in the past soon. I'm sure you've just had a birthday...hope it was very happy.

Carla - good for you for getting out for a good walk.

Sabrina - congratulations on the maintain. I wish you all the best in your new job, sounds like you're more than ready to say goodbye to the old one.

Been laid up with my mouth again. My root canal ended up infected & I was in agony over the w/e. I'm taking antibiotics and antiinflammatories and feeling better, although the meds are playing havoc with my innards. I was back at the dentist this morning for my crown impressions & ended up needing ativan for an anxiety attack. I'm such a wuss about dentists. So I've snoozed the afternoon away and am just back up and about now.

I start my courses on the 7th. I'm looking forward to school very much, but not really looking forward to being holed up in the den every evening for two or three hours. Oh well.

Hope you've all had a good day!
Old 04-02-2003, 02:21 PM   #8  

Hi all.

Judy - I'm so sorry to hear that you're still not feeling well. That certainly was a wise decision to work from home today. Rest as much as you can and feel better soon!

Anne - Good to hear from you again! I've flaked out more times than I care to think about.

Karen - Oh my gosh, you poor thing. I hope you too are feeling better soon. Strangely, I don't mind the dentist so much, but I hate going to the opthomalogist. Go figure.

Well, guzzling water when you're retaining water doesn't work if your body decides that all the new water is there to visit the water it's already holding on to. Translation - the scale had me up 4 pounds this morning. Ever the optomist, I keep guzzling more water. The old bod has to let go of it sometime, right? I just walked 10 minutes yesterday - the time it took me to get to the polling place for our local elections and back. I'm glad I didn't push it because my knee is stiff and swollen today - worse than it's been in a long time. I'm going to try for a strength and flexibility workout tonight, but that's it.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 04-02-2003, 05:14 PM   #9  

Anne - It's great to hear from you! Welcome back - yup, we all flake out every now & again. What's important is that you are back.

Karen B - Gee, I feel your pain! That is quite an ordeal you've been through. I hope that your innards calm down and your mouth gets back to something you don't have to think about. That's great about your courses starting on the 7th. Let us know how they go! Yes, I did have a birthday last week. It was a really lovely one as Tony and I had a gourmet dinner the night before and we visited with my favorite cousin on my birthday.

Carla - sorry to hear about the gain - yes, the ol' bod has to let go of it sometime. Just don't let that number throw you. You've been pretty much OP, right? You've certainly kept up with your exercising. I hope your knee feels better soon.

I decided to work from home again today - when I woke up my stomach was a little yucky and I decided if there was a chance I was going to get sick to my stomach again I'd rather it be at home. Besides, the way I feel about work, I just don't have the motivation to push myself. Tomorrow, I normally work from home but I should feel well enough to go in on Friday. I didn't eat my minimum points yesterday but just didn't feel like eating. I tried snacking on bland things but I just didn't feel well afterwards. Needless to say, my sneak peek was great this morning. I haven't eaten much today. My stomach is a little better but I don't know what I'm going to have for dinner. No exercise again today. I figure I'll probably start up again this weekend.

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 04-03-2003, 04:11 PM   #10  

Quiet here today.

I'm feeling much better today - pretty much normal so I have to watch myself - the last few days I haven't had to worry about snacking. I felt well enough to try a new step tape this morning. I did about a half hour of it and enjoyed it although I can tell I haven't done any cardio since last week.

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 04-04-2003, 09:49 AM   #11  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

I have four days off, so it's a good morning for sure!

Judy, glad to hear that you're well enough to get back to your tapes. It takes a lot to keep you away from them!!

Carla, been there, done that with the water weight this week. I got TOM onthe 1st and only this morning have my rings started to budge. They usually slip on and off no problem.

I skipped the Wednesday weigh in this week. Still on the antibiotics, but not the vioxx, so my stomach is feeling somewhat better. Tomorrow will be the challenge of the week for me, going out with the girls for the morning & lunch, then Mike is taking me out to dinner. I have "maybe" lunch plans with a friend today too.
Jasper is off to the vet to get neutered this morning. He also has to get one of his puppy teeth pulled as the adult one has grown in right beside it and it's starting to decay, but won't budge. I've left it till he was going under anasthetic anyway.

Hope everyone has a good day, and faces the challenges of the weekend with determination!
Old 04-04-2003, 02:15 PM   #12  

Hi all.

Judy - Glad to hear that you're feeling better, especially better enough to do a workout video. That was some bug that hit you.

Karen - Glad to hear that you're feeling better too. Just do your best at lunch and dinner and don't fret about it.

No big challenges for me this weekend, for which I'm very glad. I'm still hanging on to this water, but I'll keep guzzling. My knees were still stiff yesterday, so other than doing some housework, I took it easy. I'll have to get back on track with workouts today or I'll lose another week of the challenge.

Have a great weekend.

Carla
Closed Thread