Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2001, 11:45 AM   #1  
Dave Matthews Addict

Talking

We were on to the second page, and so I thought I'd take the liberty of starting the new thread. Hope no one minds!

Sil, I'm going to keep my journal online. I'm a tech-head, so being able to do that is the best thing in the world for me!

We're not getting quite the snow here that the rest of the Northeast is getting, but we've already gotten 3 inches, with another 4 on the way. I had to head out the store this morning before the snow started to stock up. We ended up eating fast food last night because there was no food in the house! The grocery store also sold out of the good Smart Ones meals, 'cause they were on sale 3 for $4.98. Ick.

Well, I need to find out how to find out if evening classes are cancelled. If it gets bad tonight, I refuse to hang around on campus. I won't risk life and limb for a biology class!
Old 03-05-2001, 12:07 PM   #2  

Default snowy, snowy

Kendra, we were posting at the same time. Must be the snow bound ness setting in.

Hope that you get through this, the Biology class is probably not going to happen the way this thing looks.

At this moment there is either a lull or the whole thing is a bust. I do not know what I am wishing for at this time.

Liza
Old 03-05-2001, 03:17 PM   #3  
Check out my homepage=>

Hi Guys!

The changes at 3FC threw me for awhile, but it's good to have things up & running!

I stayed OP every day but Friday - that seems to be my most vulnerable day - but all in all I did well. I wasn't that far over points, & as a rule I don't "use" my exercise points.

Anyway, I still managed to lose another .75#. I usually weigh myself on Wednesdays, but am switching to Mondays.

I love WW points system! It's so easy to follow!

Hang in there, "losers"!!!!
Old 03-06-2001, 09:38 AM   #4  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Morning All

Kendra~~~ Thanks for starting the new thread. I'm sending in my registration form to SELF today and keeping my log in my WW journal book. I agree that doing it on line is very easy but they are only giving prizes to 1,000 people via on-line. I'm hoping my chances might be better by mail-in. Who knows? Either way it will be fun.

Sharon~~~ Happ Belated B-Day!!! I knew someone mentioned one but I had trouble finding the post with the changes. So sorry I'm late.

Liz~~~ Congratulations on your recent weight loss. You are smokin', girl.

Everybody in the Northeast~~~ I hope that you are staying warm and safe. Although, I hear that snow shoveling is great exercise~LOL.

Nothing new here~~staying OP but need to get in more exercise. I'm hoping that the SELF challenge will keep me motivated.
I'll check in later, ~~~~~Sil
137/124/120
Old 03-07-2001, 06:20 AM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

HEY, WHERE DID EVERYBODY GO? ( DO I HAVE BAD BREATH OR SOMETHING? )
Old 03-07-2001, 08:54 AM   #6  

ROFL.......lol lol....no you don't have bad breath....

Alls well here...we had snow but nothing in the City to speak of...but where my inlaws live which is about
1 1/2 hrs away, they had a foot and a half...go figure.
They were buried...we were so lucky!

However, we're all expecting more snow for the weekend. Guess will have to make sure I have enough food for the week again, been homebound for the week and just relaxing, cooking, tv and of course my favorite chatting online with friends and spending time on the boards reading.

Hope the rest of you survived the weather and that all of you are safe.

Still doing great on OP...in fact, cooking and feezing during the week so that there's plenty around.

HANG IN THERE EVERYONE....Spring will be here soon!!!

Carla
Old 03-07-2001, 09:23 AM   #7  

Default Howdy!

Hi All,

I know that I have been AWOL lately. I am super busy with school and trying to manage everything. Thus far, I am really enjoying my sessions and learning more about myself. I am still weighing in every week and I seem to be maintaining my weight loss. I'm still 8 pounds down but haven't lost any more. I guess that's better than gaining!!! lol.

I sense that everyone is tired of the snow! Well, me too! Just when I thought it was going to be spring. I pulled out my new spring shoes and coat. And when I woke up the next morning, we were snowed in up here in Ontario. Craziness! Snow, snow go away!

Okay. Hope everyone is doing well and staying OP. I still check in to read your posts!!

Take care, JB
Old 03-08-2001, 11:09 AM   #8  

Good morning! How do you like my avatar. A friend of mine found it for me, she knows I like hummingbirds.

You would think it was the middle of winter here, it is snowing so hard, I can barely see across the street. I have been going well, get on the t/mill everyday. I am not weighing, I want to be surprised after a while. Hope it works. I hate getting on the scale and seeing it never move.

Kendra......don't know you, but thanks for starting the new thread. If this snow keeps up, we'll be the ones snowed in. LOL

MsLiz.....still Op??? It's almost Fri, again, I think too Fri. is a bad day. I don't use my exercise points either. Then I know I have more than I need.

JB......what a bummer to think Spring was here and to get snowed in. That's what is happening here today. I've had enough thank you!!

Hi to Sil, Liza, Carla, Pat......hope everyone has a good day, and an even better weekend.

This new forum takes some figuring out doesn't it? I do like it and all the options we have now are really nice. Take care everyone.

TTFN
Old 03-08-2001, 12:21 PM   #9  
Check out my homepage=>

Still OP! And I found out two days ago that two women in my office building just a few feet away, are both on WW. Then this morning I find out that my boss and his wife are getting ready to start! We'll all be talking Points all day long!

My next goal is to get back to working out 6 days a week instead of the 2 or 3 I've fallen into...
Old 03-08-2001, 07:00 PM   #10  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Evening All

Ellie~~~I love your hummingbird! I hope to find something alittle more unique myself.

Liz~~~How lucky to have co-workers doing WW also! You will be getting extra support and encouragement at work and at home with us. I wish I had a friend to share this with. I'm trying to get my sister to do it but you can't motivate someone that isn't ready

It's getting alittle S L O W around here. I hope that means that everybody is doing well and staying OP (most of the time). Or that you are all very busy.

Type to you all in the morning (and there better be some posts~~~LOL).
~~~Sil
Old 03-08-2001, 07:53 PM   #11  

wow I'm jealous lol....love you're flower, one of my favorites, looks so nice, Sil.

Alls well here, been on OP, been cooking and eating so good, have to say I'm amazed myself...I'm addicted to the Turkey Eggplant Casserole...so easy to make and I freeze portions...yesterday I made a chicken breast with red/green peppers, onions and pineapple sauteed
with just a little soy sauce and pineapple juice...made white rice was great...had half for 6 pts w/rice 3pts...total 9 pts for dinner...then took the rest and divdided it in half and made two lunches. Thought you might enjoy that too. Lol it's starting to make me crazy lol I beginning to feel like a calculator, everything I see I hear the pts in my head lol.

Nothing new here, dull, and happy with that life was so tough last year...been in alot due to weather, today was nice for awhile and took dog out that was it.
NYC we're suppose to have more snow, but think mostly rain/snow which won't amount to much just create a mess. The bridges were closed due to falling ice and created havic in all areas...traffic here last night was not to be believed.

All in all...quiet here just stopped by to say hello again.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Carla
Old 03-08-2001, 11:07 PM   #12  
Blondie34

Default Having trouble

HI I am new at this with both the web and WW. Since they changed things at 3FC. I got a reply from the last time I posted but I couldn't figure out how to get it so Rock if your out there I tried to find your reply sorry, Anyway I have been on WW for about 5 weeks and I lost 16 lbs I love the program I also eat smart ones the best one I had was turkey with filling. Hope to here from you all. Have a good day OP

Old 03-09-2001, 08:47 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Welcome Blondie!!! WOW, 16 pounds in 5 weeks. That's fantastic. From your note I gather that you are trying to find Rock. Well, I did a search of both you and Rock and can't find any reply with Rock's name. You have posted 6 times (I checked each post) and Rock was not on any of them. Sorry. It's possible that Rock changed his/her name with the new changes.

You seem to be doing very well on the program. Do you have any tips or suggestions for those who are having trouble?

It appears that many people are bailing out on the St.Pats challenge. For those still with it, don't forget to update this week.
Have a great weekend~~~Sil
Old 03-09-2001, 12:57 PM   #14  

Good day All,

I haven't been around in awhile. This last weekend was a bust waiting for the blizzard that never was. I ate quite a bit and was pretty funky. I did manage to walk Sun., Mon., and Wed. The funny thing is that I probably walked on Sun and Mon in the worst part of the snow but it felt good to be outside. Ran up and down the hill in the backyard sleigh riding wity my daughter and we played t-ball in the snow so atleast I've been getting a lot of exercise.

Thank God on Tues. Sharon emerged and I'm happy to say that I'm back with the living. I've been eating well getting a lot done at home and have been feeling good mentally and physically.

Sil- I'll post my weight tomorrow for the St Pat's challenge. Hopefully I've lost a pound or two. Knowing that I'm weighing in tomorrow is keeping me on the straight and narrow. My challenge this week is Girl Scout cookies which I love. Two of the Samoas are 4pts and I save them for my night time treat. Yesterday they got the better of me but then I just cut way back for the rest of the day and it worked out ok.

Blondie- Weigh to go on your loss. You really are on your way.

Carla-Seems like you are doing well. Are you in Manhattan? Did you get any snow. School was actually canceled again today because it was coming down so fast this morning just around school time. I look forward to no more snow days. The chicken and the pineapple sound good.

Hi to everyone else. Seems like everyone is doing pretty well. Let's keep it going. Talk to you soon.
Old 03-09-2001, 05:31 PM   #15  
Blondie34

Thanks Garden Addict I love the Kashi Bars, the chocolate peanut butter one tastes like peanut chews there is 5 points in the whole bar but it is too much to eat so I cut it into 5 pieces and it is just 1 point and I use it when I get hungry for something sweet which is not too often my problem is with salty foods like chips .Well take care .Dee

Closed Thread