Old 06-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 296/280/176

Height: 6'

Default Why is it different now?

Hi very new to the forum, but have reading (lurking) for a while, I have a question please. I've been on WW twice before( thus my name ). I know this time will be my success. But the last time I was on it in 2003. Then I was given 31 target points for my weight, now with the new program it seems I get 41. That used to be for "nursing mothers". Has it changed that much in 9 years, or is this a stupid question? Help please !!!!!!

Carol

P.S. Loving this carrot!!!!

Last edited by 3rd time lucky; 06-11-2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Wrong term
3rd time lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #2  
CarsonsMama

S/C/G: 192.4/*see ticker*/150

Height: 5'7''

Hi Carol I also have done WW on and off a few times.... And the new Points Plus program is definitely much different than the old plan. Now the calculation to figure your Points Plus values looks at Fat, Carbs, Fiber & Protein. Calories aren't even a part of the equasion. Also All fruits and most veggies are 0 points. From my experience most food has a higher Points Plus value now if it has more carbs, etc. (for example) There is a granola bar that I used to eat on the old system and they were always 2 pts but now they are 3. I think its meant to steer us all toward wanting to eat foods with less carbs and to eat those fruits and veggies!! Hope this info helps you out a little! (If I don't make a lot of sense, I am still learning too....I joined WW Online officially last week) but I have done the Points Plus on my own a while back as well....Anyway, Good luck to you! I'm sure you'll do great! (I love the carrot too) haha
mhuppert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 296/280/176

Height: 6'

Default Thanks!!!

Hey thanks a lot Melissa
I just ordered the new 2012 starter kit. I'll be on my way in no time..Since I've read some more I see that your right. It has changed a lot. Look forward to trying something different. I was browsing youtube and was watching people cook recipes. That was cool. Also reading some of the posts there was a very nice lady from Australia who showed me a cool app for iPad and iPhone that tracks every thing and has huge library of food points, and you can scan an item with your phone and it will tell you many points they're worth..
It's an amazing world, we live in! The first ime I was on WW, you never even heard of stuff like this, but I have to admit I love all these gadgets. (sheesh, I sound old )
New fav !!!!!!!

Thanks again Carol
3rd time lucky is offline   Reply With Quote