Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 11:53 AM   #16  

Hi everyone! Do you mind if I join? I'm doing WW online and had my first weigh in yesterday since starting last week. I'm happy to say that I lost 5 lbs.! I was very surprised to lose that much but I guess a lot was water weight since just starting.

A little about me: I'm 23 years old and am a bride to be! My boyfriend of 5 years asked me to marry him on Christmas morning and I gladly accepted. I have been battling my weight since I was a kid. I guess you would call me a yo-yo dieter. I lose and gain, lose and gain but this time is for good.

I look forward to the support here and hopefully I can provide some good support also!

-Dee

218/213/155
Old 03-06-2003, 02:15 PM   #17  

Carla - I'm glad to hear that your knee was OK. I just ordered a spinning bike - my old stationary bike broke and I decided I needed a no-impact workout to keep my knees in good shape. I'm hoping to pick up a couple of tapes to help make it more fun. How much snow did you folks get? We're getting about 3-4 today I think. Yes, shoveling is indeed a workout! Have a great mini-vacation. I think you'll do just fine eating out.

Barbara - way to go on doing the Richard Simmons tape! I had the same kind of idea as Carla about trying to have healthier, low point snacks. If you don't have a microwave for something like popcorn, how about those little carrots - they are easy to pack and very crunchy.

Hi Dee- welcome! WOW - that's a great loss - way to go. Usually the first few weeks people lose more and then the losses slow down a bit but hey, it's a great motivator to start with a great big whopping loss! When are you getting married? I think you'll find this is a pretty great group for support.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. We went out to a diner with my fil after the wake - otherwise we would have had a long drive in the worst of the rush hour traffic. I did OK, I had an egg white omelette and shared some fries with Tony - I planned it that way - very virtuous on the omelette and a bit of a high point food that I don't have very often. I did OK snacking last night but didn't decrease my deficit. I'm planning a whopper of a workout after work though so that should help. I guzzled water yesterday so my sneak peek was a lot better.

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 03-07-2003, 08:53 AM   #18  

Hmmm, a little quiet around here. Well, I had an OK day yesterday. I did a whopper of a workout - it's called BootCamp and it's cardio, strength and abs and it's a toughie. We had a very low point dinner but I managed to snack my way to max. With the workout, my deficit is gone but I snacked away any possibility of banked points. One of my snacks was PB so my rings are a little tight and the sneak peek wasn't wonderful sooooo, it's a guzzling water kind of day. My goal - yet again - is to pick up my knitting tonight and bank some food points instead of snacking them away. Of course, PMS is here so it'll be a toughie but I'm determined to see a loss tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well,
Judy
Closed Thread