New Here :)

• Hi guys,

As everyone else in here i am trying to lose weight.. at least 20 lbs. In the past 3 years its just been downhill for me as far as my weight is concern. I used to weigh 165, was physically fit and very motivated but as i started to get older i have lost that drive and energy. As a result of gaining all that weight, my self esteem has suffered .. I dont feel comfortable in my own skin and i would love to change that. I've tried several times to do WW online and failed due to the lack of drive. The plan worked for me at one point when i was motivated (lost 15lbs) so i know its the diet for me. I'm giving it another try, to live a healthy lifestyle.. My problem is i am a compulsive eater (def does not help the situation)..but i guess i have to gain the strength somehow. Im tired of feeling uncomfortable in my own skin.. any help would be awesome .. guys !
  • Hi, newbie here too, welcome. I have about 25-30 to lose so slow is ok. I did Atkins for a fast 18 pound loss over a couple of months and to get back into my clothes, but cannot stay away from ice cream forever! So WW is now my plan.
    Maybe you could put $$ in a jar instead of compulsive eating so when you lose you can treat yourself to a new pair of pants or a massage or just anything for YOU. The forum is a little slow so check in often, there is support here for you, just keep coming back.
  • Welcome krazy and dee!
    This is a great place to get and stay motivated - or at least it has been for me. I have been on the weight train going up and down now for so long that when I look back all I can do is laugh.

Anyway as for a compulsive eating goes I am not sure what you mean by that. I am a grazer I am always munching it seems. So what I have done is cut up celery and buy baby carrots and each day I fill a baggie with them. They go with me everywhere! Along with a container of water. This has really helped me stay away from urges to 'eat just one' of a bad choice. One day I even carried them into a mcdonalds so I could use the wi-fi there I snacked on the veggies and was not even tempted to go buy any food.

Ah well the point is keep something handy you can grab at a moments notice it does help
  • Thanks guys i will def keep on coming back to check up for advice/support..

DEE- the money in the jar thing seems like a good idea.. i love shoes so maybe i can treat myself to something once i make good progress ...

NANCY- By compulsive eating i mean that i can eat well for 5-7 days, make progress and on that 8th day i kind of break and eat something thats not healthy. Once i eat something thats not healthy its just a down spiral and i end up gaining back the weight that i initially lost. Its horrible and i wish i could change that .. i have to say that the weekends are the hardest for me
  • Hello everyone, I am just starting myself with today being my 2nd day and have been doing great so far!!

Krazy, I TOTALLY can relate to ALOT of what your going through!! I do not feel comfortable in my own skin at all, Aug 2010 I weighed 167lbs lost over 40lbs...I was 213lbs....oh how I would give anything to be back there again!! Makes me sad, I have been a member here for quite sometime and when I came back here lastnight, I had to change my ticker...start weight/current/goal weight....to see those numbers looking back at me...

Anyway it's a new start!! I started this journey yesterday at 200lbs right on. I am taking this 5lbs at time for mini goals...my over all goal is a loss of 70lbs, I am only 4'11...my goal weight according to the WW book is 99-124lbs. 130lbs seems like a good number, if I have to re-adjust later down the road then I will do so.
    So here's looking forward to 195lbs!!

I plan on spending ALOT of time on these boards....so hopefully we will get to know one another alot better!!
  • aww yes we can def do it and reach our goal.. it is so very helpful when you have support and people who understand your struggles. Most of my friends dont struggle with weight problems so i feel like i am alone.. i would also give anything to go back to my old weight.. can you believe i have not worn jeans in about a year and a half.. i was once a size 11 and i can barely fit into them let alone close the button and i refuse to buy a size higher.. so i have been wearing black leggings (thank god they are in style! LOL ) and work pants (to work) for the past year or so.. i cant wait until i get to the day in where i can fit into a pair of my old jeans LOL
  • Quote: aww yes we can def do it and reach our goal.. it is so very helpful when you have support and people who understand your struggles. Most of my friends dont struggle with weight problems so i feel like i am alone.. i would also give anything to go back to my old weight.. can you believe i have not worn jeans in about a year and a half.. i was once a size 11 and i can barely fit into them let alone close the button and i refuse to buy a size higher.. so i have been wearing black leggings (thank god they are in style! LOL ) and work pants (to work) for the past year or so.. i cant wait until i get to the day in where i can fit into a pair of my old jeans LOL
    Jeans....well I kept 1 pair of fat jeans when I lost all my weight...and I had to pull them out about 2 months ago...imagine how much that sucks. I refuse to go anywhere to see people that haven't seen me in the last year or so because I am so embarassed about the weight gain. No one should have to live like this. Let's NOT discuss the trouble it has caused in the Bedroom...because I am so unhappy with my fat body. He loves me no matter what...but he has also never had a weight issue, so he doesn't understand how we feel.

Look out old pants....were coming for ya!!!
  • yesss lets kick this weight off :dancing:
  • The only way I ever managed to keep it off was after losing 64 lbs just after high school a few moons ago, it was so hard that I vowed never to let myself gain more than 10 pounds without taking if off right then.

I did fine for 35 years, then had parents who became ill and required a lot of care taking and and my weight over this past 7 years shot up 50 pounds. Now my parents are sadly gone and I am getting my life back and working on me.

The old rule I set for myself still prevails when I hit goal, I will not ever allow myself more than a 10 pound gain without getting control and getting it off. Barring a major life altering event that is my plan. It is much easier to do when it is 10. Thank you guys for the support we have here.
  • sounds like I have lots in common with you ladies...the self esteem is in the toilet, my husband loves me no matter and doesn't understand why I feel the way I do about myself...it's a board like this where I can come and explain how I am feeling and have people going through the exact same thing. There is some comfort in knowing I am not alone.

This is something we can overcome...we can count on each other to get through the tough days that other people may not understand.

Kick some weigh loss butt ladies.....we can do this!!!!