Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 10:32 PM   #31  

Just a few minutes online. Karen - I'm sorry about the deaths this morning. I don't know how those of you in healthcare do it. Mike certainly is a sweetie! Good for you for counting those cookies. I hope these {{{{{HUGS}}}} help.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tahoemom
A question for all of you WW gurus. I am not sure if I remember the "banking" plan correctly. I believe it goes like this; I am suppose to eat between 22 and 29 points daily. If I only had 24 am I banking 5 points? Or do I only bank points if I stay under 22 points?

I seem to have actually stayed on program today. I am pleased with myself because I even went to McDonalds and only ate the side salad no dressing That was huge for me.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Tahoemom - The way it works is that you subtract what you've eaten that day from your max - that's what you can bank for the day. So if your max is 29 and you eat 24 you are right, you bank 5. You are not supposed to eat less than your mimimun so you must eat 22 points per day. You should not eat less than that or your body will go into famine-mode and hold on to every bit or stored fat you have. The other part of the banking thing is that you are not supposed to eat more than 10 banked points in any one day - that's when you "withdraw" from the bank so that you can eat over your maximum. I hope that helps.

Nicnac - good for you for taking your measurements. It's a really good way of tracking your progress.

Mickey - way to go for cutting all but 1 Pepsi out this week.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:17 AM   #32  
Canadian, eh?

Judy - you're the best! thanks for the hugs.

Tahoemom - sorry I missed your last post, we must have been on at the same time. Judy is absolutely correct about banking points. I should confess that most of the time I don't follow WW, I have a computer program that counts calories and exercise for me. I do tend to eat "ww style" if that makes sense.

Have a great weekend...I have other plans - have to go to work

Karen
Old 01-11-2003, 11:56 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Just a quick note

Judy and Karen thanks for the banking info. It felt great to write everything down (admittedly eatting a few snacks too) and stay on program.

Karen, my husband is a San Jose Sharks and a Buffalo Sabres fan. He said you must be loving this season with the Canucks

Nicnac, I too am going to take my measurements. I would love to hide them away but I have to turn them in for my exercise class I am taking. I am just glad that I am not the only round woman in class.

I am now going to go hop on the treadmill (day 4). Enjoy your weekend
Old 01-12-2003, 09:53 AM   #34  

Angry

Hi everyone. I just registered and am feeling a bit nervous about this. I have the at home program as I have a weird schedule at work and don't think I can make meetings. I work with a lot of people that have been successful with the program and are members. I am the only one doing the at home program. I look forward to receiving support from this site.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:19 AM   #35  

Angry

Welcome Gummy,

I am new to all of this to but the inspiration and the motivation are both here you came to the right place.

We will help each other.....

Mickey
Old 01-12-2003, 12:30 PM   #36  
Canadian, eh?

Welcome Gummy! Congratulations on deciding to take control of your weight and eating. You'll find plenty of support here.

By way of introduction to you, Mickey, and Nicnac, I'm 41, an RN, married 2 1/2 years to my DH Mike. I have a 22 y.o. DD at university, and a house full of dogs(3) and cats(3). I have 70 lbs to lose, and couldn't do it without the support on this thread!

Things are usually a little quiet on the Weigh In at Home thread on Saturday and Sunday, but look for a new thread every Monday morning. Looking forward to getting to know you...

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Karen
Old 01-12-2003, 10:28 PM   #37  

Unhappy I've had the worst weekend!

Hi everyone,

Karen, thanks for your personal info. I am Nicole, 36 yrs., married 6 years, mother of 2 (Boy 5 yrs/Girl 4 yrs), homemaker, 40+ lbs to lose. My husband, Pat calls me Nicnac 'cause I like to shop!

I have had the worst weekend ever I won't go into detail other than the fact that I was asked to help out at our local RCL (Legion) and ended up working 13 hours unexpectedly!! I hadn't prepared to be gone that long and ended up eating crap the whole time I was there (sigh). What else can I do. It's late now, but tomorrow is another day. I will eat within my daily points range and WILL workout 45 minutes!

I have ordered a new scale (from Sears) to keep me on track. It will be here on Tuesday (my old one went wacky on me the other day - in wouldn't set back to Zero, only EIGHTY!!! SO I PUT IT IN THE GARBAGE!!! WHO NEEDS THAT!!!

My weigh-in isn't until Thursday. The way I look at it is that I have three days get my act together. I will make it.

For now though, a hot tub awaits me. I've no regrets (I do really but I won't dwell on them). Like I said before, tomorrow is another day!

Hope you all had a better weekend than I did!

Nicole
Old 01-13-2003, 08:09 AM   #38  

My introduction:

I am Teresa, married almost 20 years, 2 boys 19 & 13, 1 daughter 17. I am 37. a co-owner and an operator of an embroidery & printing shop for a year & 1/2. I have about 45 lbs. to lose. And I will lose it if it kills me. I love sports most anyway.

Nicnac sorry to hear about your weekend my wasn't that bad I did over eat but not by much and I walked 1 1/2 miles yesterday and I broke down and bought TaeBo and an ab tape this weekend.

I have alot of support here at home since my dh & dd are doing this with me. They are supportive until I lose more than they do....

I make the mistake weighing in everyday although I don't tell anyone until Thursday morning.

Gotta run get ready for work.... Hope you all have a lose this week.
Closed Thread