Question

• It's been a while since I figured my points. (not Points Plus, the old way) So I found the "formula" and counted up my points, and I got 26/27 a day. (I'm 188, plus all the other variables) But the thing said that I still add in the 35 Flex points. That seems like too much. It doesn't seem like that's how I've done it before. Am I right? Or am I just enough heavier that it SEEMS like more points? Just trying to double check here, because it doesn't seem right...
  • Your daily points target sounds about right...The 35 are just there for you to use whenever. Special occasions and such. I found that if I do not eat mine, I lose less than if I would have ate them.
  • I went online and figured it to be 24 daily points for you using your stats from your profile and that's not including the activity points. I usually just leave that alone because some days I do exercise, some days I don't. They say about 100 calories burned is about 1 point.

The 35 weekly points is correct. Don't forget to adjust daily points as you get out of 180s, 170s and so forth as well as age. GL!
  • Thanks ladies; I just wanted to make sure those 35 pts were on top of my dailies. Is it okay NOT to use them sometimes though? (like DrivenByAmbition said) I guess you could try using them some weeks and not other weeks to keep your metabolism up?
  • I believe it's optional if you don't want to use any you don't have to, if you want to use some thats fine & if you want to use them all feel free. I never use all of mine incase I miscalculated something earlier in the week, but it's a great cushion to have. It makes you feel like your not really on a diet. I mean if you want to have a little extra here or there you can and it won't make you gain - as long as your within your points. I never use my activity points though. I like to save those to put toward weight loss.
  • Quote: I believe it's optional if you don't want to use any you don't have to, if you want to use some thats fine & if you want to use them all feel free. I never use all of mine incase I miscalculated something earlier in the week, but it's a great cushion to have. It makes you feel like your not really on a diet. I mean if you want to have a little extra here or there you can and it won't make you gain - as long as your within your points. I never use my activity points though. I like to save those to put toward weight loss.

So true. You just got to find what's right for your body. For instance, I have to eat at least half of my activity points that day to see a difference on the scale. Just try a few different things. We are all here for you cheering you on in your journey.
  • My sister-in-law and her friends all noticed they lost more when they ate ALL their flex points.

35 is right...it seems like a lot but really it's 5 a day, not too crazy. I always saved them and rarely ate them. However, I also pushed all my points to the limit...I would figure the maximum amount of anything I should have without an additional point...like if 2tbsp was 1 pt but 4 was 2pts, I would check what 3 was and if it was still 1pt, I would always have 3. I justified it by telling myself I wouldn't use my flex.

Once in awhile, maybe once a month, I would end up using my flex for that week.