3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   So you think youi can munch? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/225352-so-you-think-youi-can-munch.html)

nancylmrn 02-10-2011 02:59 PM

So you think youi can munch?

Well all you chickies I have been away for about a year. Yes I slid down that chocolate slide that took me back to old eating habits, no exercise blah blah that brought my weight right back to where I started.

So now I am back in the fold (no pun intended) I have been keeping my journal now for 2 1/2 weeks lost 4 pounds and am getting excited about this weight loss journey again but......I need some 0 to 1 pt muchie ideas beyond raw veggies with dip! Something that I can do that ole hand to mouth without guilt. Please don't ask me to get up and change activities--I know me :( not happening. I get so little time to sit and relax, let my mind wander and enjoy the pure pleasure of the hand to mouth syndrom each eve I can't give it up.

so ideas?

MonicaM 02-10-2011 03:37 PM

I like apple or pear slices with Laughing Cow or WW cheese wedges; peaches mixed with cottage cheese, fruit in plain Greek yogurt, natural peanut butter or almond butter on apple slices. I am counting calories, but I did three days of South Beach to get rid of the urge to eat sugar, white flour, etc.

amandie 02-10-2011 09:42 PM

Are you doing PointsPlus or Momentum? I ask because point values are different, you know. I'm on the momentum so these below are 1 or less points:

1 cup of grapes (I love the red frozen ones, more sweet!)
1 cup of sugar free jello with ff cool whip
Dill pickles
Celery with laughing cow cheese (love their garlic and herb)
Smart pop or ff pop corn?

nancylmrn 02-10-2011 11:07 PM

amandie I am doing more momentium
I have never tired frozen grapes I will have to give that a go!
and I forgot about the Jello and FF cool whip...I need to go shopping..isn't that a gals favorite words?

I do like the dill's but my fav is the garlic dill pickles and I enjoy popcorn at work.

Hmmm now if I can only find 0 point chocolate :D

shcirerf 02-10-2011 11:35 PM

If you like chips, I have a new love. I found these wrap/tortillas at Wal-Mart, called Lavash. They are oat, flax and whole wheat and only 1 pt. They are like a 11x13 size. I score one with the pizza cutter into like 1x2 chunks, spritz with a little Pam, lay on the broiler and toast, turn, spritz with pam, toast again. They get all brown and crunchy just like a chip and it's a huge pile for only 1 pt, a little salsa 0, and I'm in heaven!

nancylmrn 02-11-2011 09:26 AM

Wow I would never have thought to turn a 1 pt tortilla into chips and dip! I am there and am going to try it tonight for my late night munchies. I have not seen the ones you are talking about but latortilla factory has a one point tortilla. :p

seagirl 02-11-2011 09:38 AM

Why not set a timer and see if you can sit for 5 or 10 minutes without munching? It might be interesting...

nancylmrn 02-11-2011 02:31 PM

@seagirl I can go without munching but like some it is the comfort thing. I know this is a problem area but I also divide my points up so I can have my munchies in the evening while I watch tv or read. But there are days when the point total is tight and I need to be mindful of my overall count

So then it becomes a question of what snacks are 0 to 1 point that don't envolve eating sliced up veggies? LOL Still looking for 0 point chocolate