Old 01-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/245.5/141

Height: 5'3

Default The trick to WW at home?

I started WW online last Saturday, and it's going well, but I'm a bit concerned about not making it to any meetings.

I'm a college student and there are no locations within a reasonable distance to my campus.

I joined with my friend so we can be each other's support systems, but I'm worried I may be missing out on some WW "magic" that one experiences when they go to the meetings.

What do I need to do to stay on track with no meeting to help guide me? Is one friend enough? Have you learned any stellar tips from your WW meetings?

Thanks!
clurrrburrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #2  

Default Meetiings on your own

Hi,

If you go to www.dwlz.com and go to message boards or (forums) I can't remember which there is a section where members cam post the ww meeting topic of the week. You and your friends could discuss the topics with each other.

There really is no meeting magic just exchange of ideas with others and you all can do that-like what worked for one told to the group can help another.

If you want more structure Kim Benson has a site where you can join and attend meedting online. It is a fee to do so but this woman lost tons of weight and her ideas should be goood.Just google KIM BENSON.

I went to Pitt and loved it. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would so love to be a college student again. enjoy the experience.Good Luck.

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:07 PM   #3  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I can't really comment on what you miss at the meetings. I have never been to one. I started WW 2002 only with a WW food guide I got from a friend. I didn't want to go to meetings. I thought it is just a lot of bla bla. Anyways, I don't know if that is true but I lost around 40 pounds in 6 months without ever attending a meeting. And it wasn't really hard most of the time. The first few weeks it was interesting, fun planning and looking up the points. And later it was just so amazing to lose pound after pound. I think I got a little addicted to losing weight. Exciting to see a lower number on the scale!
Anyways, I am back with WW and I don't intend on going to any meetings. It worked before, I am sure I can pull it off again.
Let me know how it goes!

PS: Having a friend helps. I had one in 2002 and now my boyfriend is joining me. See it as a fun competition.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote