Old 01-11-2011, 11:34 PM   #16  

i dunno. it really hasnt been all that long yet? what is your points allowance and did you exceed them? there seems to be some sodium in the soup and subway bread probably, unless you are doing low sodium soup? sodium will make you retain water and hold the pounds. those rice cakes are just extra carbs and the ww seems to focus almost on low carb, so you might try swapping out for some other snack. i've quickly discovered that if i eat one carb thing, even whole wheat, i'm really burning points allowance for the day, even if i finish the day with under 1500 or so calories. so it forces you to do low carb if you stay within your points. i, at least, can't have carbs, even whole wheat, etc., at every meal and stay within points. i dont know if that would be keeping you from losing or not though.
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:31 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Height: 5'3"

It's frustrating to say the least. I'm always around 20 points and 1000 calories. And I'm eating more now than I ever did. On the package of the Magc Pop rice cakes, the nutritional pane is 15 calories and 0 everything else with 1 carb. Its made from wheat, soy and rice. I'm so annoyed! LOL
Scorpio19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #18  

well hang in there; it's not even been two weeks yet. for me, i have to put my body through something to jolt it to make it lose. either a big huge increase in the amount of exercise i do, or a huge decrease in calories. for me, i have to look at my new exercise/food in relation to my old exercise/food. there has to be a big difference between the old and the new for any change to happen in my body.
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:06 AM   #19  

I remember when I was on the Atkins diet I lost 8 pounds the first week, guess I was hoping for the same results on WW. :-(
Old 01-13-2011, 08:32 AM   #20  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

One thing I have discovered, is no matter what "lifestyle" change you decide to follow, you are going to have to count/account for what you put in your mouth.

I don't like programs that say I CAN'T have this or that, that's no fun.

With WW or CC there are no eliminated foods. Of course that does not mean you should eat a Snickers every day, but you can work on in now and then. Or you can join family or friends for celebrations, or just a drink at happy hour within reason and without guilt.

Scorpio, where is your breakfast? Why not munch on the free fruit instead of rice cakes? Sodium is on big culprit in what you're eating. What exactly are Perdue chicken strips? Are they breaded? We don't have them around here. Do you have a lot of mayo on your Subway? You could get the sandwich as a salad, skip the bread and get ff dressing.

Just a few thoughts.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:05 AM   #21  

Default :-(

Well my day goes like this, wake up cup of tea, around 11 half of my turkey lettuce n tomato on wheat Subway with a lil oil and vinegar, snacks are 1 or 2 rice cakes, around 3 the other half of my Subway. Dinner is either an iceberg lettuce salad with the about 4½ oz of chicken strips, or a can of Progresso soup with a couple of saltine crackers. I drink the flavored water from WalMart, about 3-4 bottles a day.

The chicken strips are Perdue Short cuts, I was going to post the link but the site wont let me.

So what am I doing wrong??? :-(
Old 01-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #22  
Fat Smasher

S/C/G: 190/190/130

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio19 View Post
It's frustrating to say the least. I'm always around 20 points and 1000 calories. And I'm eating more now than I ever did. On the package of the Magc Pop rice cakes, the nutritional pane is 15 calories and 0 everything else with 1 carb. Its made from wheat, soy and rice. I'm so annoyed! LOL
What's your daily point allowance? 20 doesn't sound like very much. I would say that you aren't eating enough and that is why you aren't losing. If you eat too little then your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto pounds.
geminimom26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:52 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 171.6/161.6/135

Height: 5'4"

I thought on pp everyone had at least 25-29 points?
arobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:39 PM   #24  

I'm not doing the points plus, I'm doing the regular points. The plus is just way too much food for me. Before I started I would just have a bacon and egg sandwich for breakfast and a bowl of cereal for dinner and that was perfect. Now I feel like I am eating a ton of food.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:50 AM   #25  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

I thought I would jump in and post an update. I think I am going to go WW, why you may ask? I would have more guidance. I discovered with calorie counting there is a lot of trail and error involved. Since I am on Doctors orders to get this weight off, I want to mess with weeks of trial and error. I have all the stuff for WW under the old system, so I am going to start there. I realize at some point I am going to have to make the switch because everything will be under the new point system and life will just be more difficult, but until I feel like forking over the cash, this will do.

Metta,
Kat
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio19 View Post
I dont know if my problem fits in this post, but sorry if it dont belong here. Since 1/1/11 I have been doing the WW points thing. I have a Subway (on wheat) each day which is 14 points and for dinner I have a iceberg salad with Perdue chicken strips or a can of Progresso soup(4 points). I munch on some rice cakes ( 1 point each) during the day if I have the urge. I drink 3 or 4 32 oz bottles of water a day. I haven't lost an ounce! Can any of you figure out what I am doing wrong? I am so upset, I just wanna cry!
When I read your post I had a few thoughts.

What about breakfast?

Not including a breakfast what you've got there adds up to about 23 points which is at least 6 points less than the WW minimum for weight loss. It could be you're actually not eating enough. If you go into starvation mode you won't lose.

Also what you've listed there is ALOT of sodium. I don't know the numbers offhand but you've got pretty much all canned/processed foods there which typically have a lot of sodium. That can cause you to hold water which = heavier weight even though it's just water. You're drinking a good amount of water which will help with that but it might not be enough to flush the extra water out if you've got all that sodium going on.

Hope this helps.
Nicmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:05 AM   #27  

Hi NicMom,
My breakfast is half the Subway at around 11 and then lunch is the other half around 2. This is way more food than I am used to eating to begin with! Before starting the points, I would have a bacon n egg sandwich at 9 then not eat again until around 6 and then it would be just a bowl of cereal. I've been sick with a cold the past 3 days and haven't eaten much at all, except a couple bowls of cereal and one can of soup. I use the Progresso soup that has the WW points posted on the label. Just kept drinking water for the past 3 days. I feel more bloated now than ever. LOL I don't know what the heck is going on!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #28  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Scorpio, I have two ideas/suggestions from what you've posted here. First, sodium could be playing a big part in what's going on with your body. All those foods you have listed will have a higher sodium content than just eating fruits, veggies or other whole foods made at home.

Secondly I believe that you haven't been feeding your body enough for a long time. Your body needs a certain amount of calories each day just to keep everything alive and running (this is your Basal Metabolic Rate). Your body would burn these calories even if you were comatose.

From the stats you have posted and guessing at your age, your BMR looks to be just under 1600 calories per day. When you eat less than 1600 calories per day, your body dips into stored body fat to make up the difference. BUT if you eat too little and your body consistently doesn't have enough fuel to keep everything running (i.e. you eat very low calorie diets for an extended period of time) your body will go into starvation mode and start storing every bit of fat and fuel that it can.

Using that information for good weight loss means finding the level at which you'll have a calorie deficit each day, but you'll still be eating enough calories to keep your body from thinking that you're starving and to keep it from storing everything it can. It sounds counter-intuitive to some people, but you have to eat more to lose weight.

So, in short, if I was you I would:
- eat less sodium, fewer processed foods
- eat breakfast within 1 hour of waking up each day to jump start your metabolism
- try increasing your daily calorie intake
- stick with these changes for 2 weeks and check the results then

Good luck!
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:04 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 163/142/130

Scorpio could it be the salt from the sandwich, chicken and soup that keeps you were you are, lot of processed food contains high level of sodium.
Michou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #30  

Thank you ladies for all the help you have been giving me, I am truly at my wits end and and very lost. So, with all the talk about sodium, I went and looked up the sodium counts on my Subway, Perdue Short Cut chicken strips and Progresso soup. It comes to 3865mg a day. Is this too much, just right or not enuf?

Thanks again for all the help!