Old 12-28-2010, 08:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Default WW @ Home General Chat and Support 1

Hey there everyone! I have just purchased my @ Home kit online through a rep. on ebay and plan on doing it on my own without online tools or meetings using the materials provided.. I thought maybe we could all benefit from a place where all of us "At Homers" could chat, vent support and encourage one another daily... I have searched through and have not found a thread like this, but if i maybe just missed it and there already is one, I would like to apologize in advance...

I hope we can all get to know one another and come together to help each other get to our goals! Jump on in and introduce yourselves... My name is Angela, I am the Director and Preschool Teacher in a daycare.. I have had an on again off again relationship with getting healthy for a year and a half now, and am finally fed up and am committing to the new Weight Watchers program and I am super excited about it and can not wait to get started when my kit arrives! I am 33 years old and have about 80 or so pounds i would like to lose.
Cape Breton Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

Hi Angela, I don't know if I'll be doing my program at home yet but I'm a WW. I went out tonight and had linguine and veal Parmagiana. I'm not counting the points because, I wanted to enjoy it. I don't think I'll be eating anything else this evening cause I knownit was up there.

I wanted to exercise but again, its too late. I may get in a QI exercise but I'm not moving nothing this evening.

Hi peeps. I'm new to 3rd and I know that buy beingnhere, I will achieve my goal of the body vie only always dreamed about. Just really a toned tummy, I don't mind any other body part but id love to wear pants without having to wear a longer top for trying to cover the belly.

I'm 56 an I'm joining the New Year Biggest Loser here. Just got married and we have a puppy named Sammy, female Bishapoo.

I am enjoying learning how to eat properly
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Angela and Cheryl. I've been on WW @Home for a little over a week this time. I've done WW before and lost some of the weight. I am excited about the Points Plus plan as someone said it is the original WW plan only counting points. I lost weight on the original plan years ago and while I've gained much of my weight, I've never gained those 20 lbs I lost back then. I have managed to lose 26 lbs this year and my goal has been to start the new year without a gain and I believe I will be able to do that with WW PP plan. I am 67 yrs old and I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes back in June. I was on strict Atkins diet and decided that I just can't do strict low carb any more. As I said, I am very excited about the new WW plan as it is helping me learn to eat healthy so I can get my blood sugar under control with a balanced way of eating.

I think it is great that we can have a support group for us as I'm not one to make WW meetings. I just don't have the time.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/181/145

Height: 5'3"

good luck
ducktape54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hey ladies... just wanted to pop in and say good morning before heading off to work.. I hope everyone has a great day.
Cheryl - I am right there with you on being completely over having to wear longer shirts to hide my tummy... Before no matter if I gained weight or not my tummy never got "rolly polly" so to speak.. and this past year.. omygoodness! Yea that is one thing that is deeply bothering me and am determined to get rid of lol.
Trish - My dad has Type 2 Diabetes, so I know the challenges you face and I am so happy you have joined us here.. Congrats on the 26 pounds already gone.. that is wonderful! I too am not one for meetings, as my schedule only allows me to slow down late in the evenings.
Hi Ductape

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 12-29-2010 at 05:16 AM.
Cape Breton Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:54 AM   #6  

hi duct tape and Trish.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:56 AM   #7  

Good Morning Everyone,

Angela I am blessed not to have any complications from the T2 diabetes and I never want to have them thus the reason for doing WW. I did very well with bringing numbers down with low carb, but was so difficult to stay OP. WW is soooo much easier except this week I haven't been getting the required 29 pts in since little 8 mo old grandson gave his Nannie the cold he had. But the good part is that the weight is coming off.

Cheryl, Ducktape and others reading

Have a great day Everyone!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #8  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Hi Angela and thanks for starting the thread- and we're neighbors! And hi Cheryl, Trish and Ducktape.

I'm Natalie, 41 yo. I've been married 20 years, 2 portuguese water dogs, recently sold my business and now early retirement (at least until I decide to do something else). I've been all levels of fit and unfit, in the past I've been into competitive sports and a personal trainer and at other times I've done nothing more active than desk jockeying.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. Today I am catching up with old friends and truly having my first splurge day of December. Have a great night!

Last edited by river; 12-29-2010 at 03:56 PM.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:11 PM   #9  

Hi ladies,

I would like to join in the check in as well. I am also waiting for my at home kit from Ebay and plan to start in the new year. I am currently TTC #2 (have a wonderful 5 year old) and I think losing weight will help boost my fertility. I have probably 60-70 pounds to lose but haven't weighed in a long while.

Thank you for starting this group!
BrendaBrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #10  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I just joined WW On-line yesterday. I have gone to meetings in the past, but I really don't find the leader here very inspiring. The weight in my signature that I lost I did by calorie counting, but I was looking for something to get me re-motivated, so I hope that the new program does it.

I am 51, married, with two grown sons that live on the other side of the country. I am a bookkeeper so I spend my days plunked down in front of a computer.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:42 PM   #11  

Hi River and Trish. Nice to meet you both also.
I'm enjoying looking at a new DVD called Swat. I'm home temporarily until I get my massage License and then I do plan on enjoying that part of my life.
I didn't go to WW meeting this week due to snow. Looking forward to January 3 to see a loss but if I don't, it's okay, I've done the best I can do for that week, Right
Old 12-29-2010, 04:44 PM   #12  

If we don't go to the weekly meetings how do we get those Weekly books to discuss what's in them?

is that going to be on line and available through the Monthly Pass?

or can we go to a center and just pick one up?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 232/184/140

Height: 5'2"

Hey Trish,
I am the same age and have a doctor's appointment in early Jan (sugar elevated), so I'm sure of the diagnosis. Will need some input in how you are handling it with the WW Points Plus. I have just about your same data points too (232/184/141) at 5'2". I also live in SC. Go Gamecocks.I look forward to future "conversations" and support.

Judy
jrumensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'0

hi everyone..i just started weight watchers online ..i've tried it before and it hasnt worked..but i'm going to try again and hopefully this time it will go better. I have about 30lbs to loose...and my name is Angela too :-)
angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:48 AM   #15  

Good Morning Everybody

River, Brenda, Judy-Lynn and Judy. So glad you are here and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and to our supporting one another.

I just joined online and ordered the new books. I wasn't sure if I need the calculater or not. Maybe some of you who got it can let me know if I need it. I thought maybe as long as I use the etools that I won't need it as it will figure the points for me.

Judy We moved to Rock Hill, SC about 4 yrs ago from FL. I'm originally from TX and DH from IN. I love it here in SC because we have 4 seasons and I love the beautiful trees. Can't remember the peoples names now, but the lady who bought our how in FL was from Florence, SC. The WW Plus Points seems to be working very well for me and helping with the diabetes really well. Originally I had decided to just try it until after the holidays knowing I could always go back to the low carb woe if I needed to. However, the weight has started coming off consistently. I've lost all the weight I had gained during holidays before starting WW PP on Dec 26 plus 1 more pound as of this morning. And my FBS has come back down to 117 mg/dl this morning. So I will definitely be staying with WW Points Plus. I read on one of the other WW threads here on 3fc that the Points Plus is similar to the original WW program. I had success with that so I was hopeful that I would be this time too and so far so good. When I was younger, I wanted to lose faster to look great... now that I am older, I want to lose weight steady to be healthy. I guess we do get a little wiser as we get older.

Hope everyone has a great day!