3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   WW @ Home General Chat and Support 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/220567-ww-%40-home-general-chat-support-1-a.html)

Cape Breton Chick 12-31-2010 01:29 PM

Hey there everyone!.. I hope everyone is having a great day... I have been having a few busy days at work and havent had a chance to get on here long enough to write at all.. lol
Does anyone have any big plan for New Years? I am not a big New Years person.. I like to do it quietly..lol I am going out for supper with an older lady who used to be my neighbor and became a very good friend, we will spend the early evening visiting then I will just come home and spend the evening quietly.
I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Years.. and I want to wish everyone luck and happiness in 2011... I for one am looking forward to a new year! :)

pattygirl63 12-31-2010 01:47 PM

Hi Everyone,

I think we have 2 threads going. One for WW online and one for WW @ Home and I am in both of them.

I am thoroughly enjoying being able to eat the foods I like and enjoy on WW Pts+. I had fried chicken last night with just a little bit of sides and was able to stay within my pts and used just a small amt of the WP. Still have plenty of WP and AP to use with daily when we go out to eat in a little while. I was looking through the regular WW pts book yesterday and I am thrilled with the changes. I am finding it so easy to stay OP, eat what I like and enjoy and no guilty feelings because everything is legal and within pts. Got up this morning and checked my weight and although I know the food was probably salty, I held the weight to where it was yesterday. Usually I would have had a gain of a few pts. Can't help but love WW Pts+.

HAVE A SAFE AND FUN NEW YEARS EVE!!! SEE YOU IN THE NEW YEAR!!!

tytbody 12-31-2010 04:12 PM

I think I'm I. Both. Don't k ow how they will vary but will see. I am going out to Rhoad Island and celebrate, watch the ball drop cause I don't know what else to do to bring I na new year. If we stayed home we may have gone to church but it's still crazy just getting home.

So we will eat in a hotel room to be some place different. This is our first married New year so it's special.

Im getting a subway tuna and chips. Champagne for later on and hopefully have enough energy to give my hubby a massage. :)

BrendaBrenda 01-01-2011 11:14 AM

Happy new year, everyone.

I am starting P+ tomorrow. I just weighed and am actually almost 20# less than I thought! But still need to lose 52# (51.5 if we are splitting hairs ;) ).

Anyone have a favorite online activity points calculator - or an app for droid?

I also discovered the ***** Cakes blog and LOVE it. She is just an inch shorter than me and had a similar amount to lose. I really enjoy her writing and all of the pictures she posts.

Have a great day!

nancylmrn 01-03-2011 01:41 PM

Well Chickies I hope you don't mind if I jump in, it has been a long time since I have been here on a regular basis and I need to get back on track.
My name is Nancy, I am 52, have high blood pressure and have fought with my weight for the past 8 years since being diagnosed, a foster parent to 2 and have 3 grown children, and 3 grandchildren.

I have used ww in the past and I have/had good luck until I hit a plateau that lasted 8 months and I was so discourged I slowly stopped exercises, started eating poorly again and gain 25 lbs in less than a year. :o

So with this thread I hope you chickies will help me stay on track, be held accountable, and pass any good reciepes my way. I just took out my ole journal, ww calculator and cookbooks.

I look forward to getting to know all of you

tytbody 01-03-2011 03:46 PM

Hi Nancy. Nice to meet you.

today is my weigh in day. not excited because I still feel the same. I don't know what to wear as it's still cold and I can't bear to wear skin tight leggings just to get weighed.

so, I'll have on sweat pants that probably weigh 2 pounds. Just not an accurate measure but it sure makes you work at it.

I hope I have anything down, I'll take any pounds down... lol.

I just bought some spaghetti squash so if you know how to cook this please show me how .

When I get home later on I'll look on the internet also to learn how to cook this big thing. I hope I like it.

pattygirl63 01-03-2011 05:25 PM

I had my 3 month check up today which I have because of the diabetes. Doctor was very pleased with my progress. Some numbers were up a little, but he said they will come down with the exercise. He was very pleased with how the fasting blood glucose had come down since I started WW about 2 weeks ago. My BG A1c was down from 6.2 to 5.9 since my last office visit in September. He feels that I have avoided any damage the diabetes could have caused and that I should have no problems. Another bonus... I've lost 6 lbs since September.

Cheryl I understand about wondering what to wear to weigh. I felt the same way going to the doctor this morning. My shoes were heavier than my sandals that I wore when I weighed in September. I did take my coat off. I figured that the nurse who is very sweet, but thin probably thought I was nuts.:?:

Welcome to all the newbies and those returning. Hope everyone is having a great OP day.

tytbody 01-03-2011 07:19 PM

:carrot: yea Trish. That's good news. I even took off my eye glasses.

That's great on doing so much better. I need to hear stuff like that. It does work it just works in it's time. Not ours.

Funny, we want what we want now but when it was not time, we did not think about it.

i didn't loose this week. I was up 2 pounds. I really dislike weigh ins.

pattygirl63 01-04-2011 12:09 AM

Thanks Cheryl. Don't get discouraged. The weight will come off. Sunday was my WI day and I was up 2 lbs, but back down today. It is probably just water and will go away.

We will do this.

tytbody 01-04-2011 12:24 AM

Glad you posted this cause I couldn't find this place.

I'm seriously thinking I'm going to home version but I won't be able to buy the monthly pass.

I bought my calculator today because I will soon be cut off I guess once my memebership expires.

if you all do this at home, how do you get a recipe builder? or is that included in your at home version?

Are you then at the mercy of their recipes to get the real PP value?

Did you choose a weigh in day also and are you sticking to it?

Just nervous about being left alone, at home, alone. biting my finger nails off. :o:p

jrumensky 01-04-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattygirl63 (Post 3624181)
Good Morning Everybody:wave:

:welcome3: River, Brenda, Judy-Lynn and Judy. So glad you are here and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and to our supporting one another.

I just joined online and ordered the new books. I wasn't sure if I need the calculater or not. Maybe some of you who got it can let me know if I need it. I thought maybe as long as I use the etools that I won't need it as it will figure the points for me.

Judy We moved to Rock Hill, SC about 4 yrs ago from FL. I'm originally from TX and DH from IN. I love it here in SC because we have 4 seasons and I love the beautiful trees. Can't remember the peoples names now, but the lady who bought our how in FL was from Florence, SC. The WW Plus Points seems to be working very well for me and helping with the diabetes really well. Originally I had decided to just try it until after the holidays knowing I could always go back to the low carb woe if I needed to. However, the weight has started coming off consistently. I've lost all the weight I had gained during holidays before starting WW PP on Dec 26 plus 1 more pound as of this morning. And my FBS has come back down to 117 mg/dl this morning. So I will definitely be staying with WW Points Plus. I read on one of the other WW threads here on 3fc that the Points Plus is similar to the original WW program. I had success with that so I was hopeful that I would be this time too and so far so good. When I was younger, I wanted to lose faster to look great... now that I am older, I want to lose weight steady to be healthy. I guess we do get a little wiser as we get older.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Trish,
Great success. Congratulations to you. WW PP program is healthy and works. It's just a matter of discipline (which is tough for me). Glad you like SC. I'm a Virginia native, so this environment is not a lot idfferent from my past. Home is where the heart is. Happy New Year.

Judy

jrumensky 01-04-2011 11:03 AM

Trish,
Great success. Congratulations to you. WW PP program is healthy and works. It's just a matter of discipline (which is tough for me). Glad you like SC. I'm a Virginia native, so this environment is not a lot idfferent from my past. Home is where the heart is. Happy New Year.

Judy

pattygirl63 01-04-2011 12:23 PM

Judy The weather here is much like what I grew up with back in TX although we didn't get as much snow as we get here since I lived in Waco which is central TX. Snow was mostly north of us. Summers are kinder here than back there as TX gets a lot of 100+ temps where we don't.

Cheryl I have been wondering if I need the calculator and I'm thinking that I do. I also have the books. I used the recipe builder online one day and haven't figured out how to do it again. I wanted to do a meal yesterday, but couldn't figure it out. I think I have to look closer at it. I decided to do the at home because it was cheaper than joining a meeting even with the passes. Of course, I know I have to go WI with the doctor every 3 months + have lab work done so I have to admit that I have a built in incentive to stay OP. Not sure I have self-discipline since I have to stay OP for doc appts. I think we each have to do what works for us. I've had that self-discipline in the past, but never kept it till I got to goal. Hopefully this time will be different for me.

Let me say to those of you who are much younger than me... I'm 67... be good to yourself and stay OP whatever you decide to do because the most important thing for you to do is to take care of your health. I am blessed not to have damaged my body, but I think that is because I've always tried to eat mostly healthy and have never give up on trying to lose weight. Believe me there comes a day when health becomes more important than vanity.

Y'all have a great day.

tytbody 01-04-2011 03:16 PM

Okay so on-line is cheaper then a monthly pass?

Just what does it give you?

I wish there was a person t ask. Maybe I should look through my stuff and on line to see if I can find the difference.

jdael 01-04-2011 05:37 PM

Hello

Hello everyone. My name is Jackie, I am a 29 year old wife, mother of one 4 yr old daughter, medical transcriptionist.

I purchased a new points plus kit on ebay. Got it today. I had planned to start online on the 1st but decided this was a more thrify approach and information I would get to keep. I have done weight watchers before, going to a meeting, when I lived in a different area. There are no meetings in my area now and well, I really didnt get that much out of them. I have been up and down in weight all of my life but holding steady now for several years at 205. I look at pictures of myself and cringe at how horrible I look. I am going to be 30 in March and don't want to hit that mark feeling so awful. I am very aware of how uncomfortable I am in my body and how out of shape I have become. I lack motivation and interest in exercise and well, I enjoy sweet food.

I did get the calculator in my package, the eating out and food companion guides and a 3 month journal. I assumed I needed the calculator as it was the only way i could find to calculate on the new system. For the old system I had one of those sliders but didnt find that now. Apparently the calculator can also keep track of your points for a whole week, although I haven't figured out completely how to use it yet, just opening it. It seems like it could come in handy.

I haven't any recipe books or access to them and wonder how that will go.

I have really never participated in anything like this before, I guess I am somewhat secretive and ashamed of my weight, but if you want new results you have to try new things right? I'm hoping being a part of this will add motivation and support.