Help Getting Points In

• I know most of you will not believe me. I started eating healthy before starting WW. I have only been on for 6 days. I am having a lot of trouble getting my points in. I get 29 points a day. I eat healthy and a lot of veggies that are few points. I am having trouble getting them all in and end up having to drink choc milk before bed. Does anyone have any suggestions for me on how to get more healthy points in during the day? I don't want to eat bad points if I don't have to. There was even a day when I was 10 pts off and stuffed and just couldn't eat anymore. Thanks for any advice.

=5 pounds lost
  • try eating a few more carbs or some protein. It's not good to not eat your points. Your body will go into starvation mode and you will never lose any weight. Try adding some low fat peanut butter to celery or something.
  • Cut back on the veggies and eat more protein. Are you actually weighing and measuring your portions? You may be eating more than you think. Are you getting all the 9 GHGs in. Cut back on the fat-free, reduced calorie stuff you are eating and eat the real thing.

And the number one way to get all your points in, plan your meals at least one day in advance and then eat that./
  • The posts above are good advice. Also, I had the same problem when I first started. Don't worry, though, you will eventually have no problem eating all your points
  • i actually have the same problem. i always say that i've dieted so much that i'm almost to good at it. when i'm not dieting (or thinking about it) i eat or drink way to much but when i'm dieting i eat lots of veggies and stuff and have a very hard time getting in the calories (or points)
  • There is a table in the booklet at the meetings that describes the new plan. It gives the suggested breakdown for using your points throughout the day. I have 29 points, too, and it suggests:

Breakfast - 5
    Lunch - 8
    Dinner - 11
    Snack 1 - 3
    Snack 2 - 2

Plan your menu for the day the night before, at least. I do mine a week ahead. First put in the 9 GHGs, then fill in with other foods.

I hope this helps you.