WW brand scale vs other scales

• Hey all....sorry I'm not sure this is the right place for this thread, but as I'm asking about a WW brand item....this was my best stab.

When we were at the store the other day I saw the WW brand bathroom scale and as it was only $25, I got it. I currently use a more expensive Tanita scale that's digital, does body fat readings, measures in half pounds. But some days the scale bounces between a whole and a half measure so I figured havng a scale that measured in 10ths would be ideal.

This morning both hubs and I tested the WW scale by comparing our weights between the old and new scales.

Consistently, the WW scale told me 1 pound less than the Tanita scale. For him, the WW scale said 2 pounds less.

His thoughts are to believe the newer scale. My thoughts are to believe the scale that's a reputable brand and was more expensive. If the WW isn't accurate then I won't bother keeping it.

Opinions? Experiences?
  • I was told when purchasing a digital scale to weight something that you know the weight of in the store - such as a 5 lb bag of flour, or actual weights to make sure it is accurate before purchasing. I have a ww scale and did exactly that and have had no problems with it.