Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 12:43 PM   #1  

Default Starting WW at home! Looking for support

I don't know if there is one group here or a few. I am not sure where to start. But I am starting WW at home today. With my weekly weigh in on Sunday.

Is anyone else new at this and looking for support?

Thanks
Old 09-08-2002, 08:16 PM   #2  

Hi Brew! I do weight watchers on my own also been at it for almost 2 years. Lost 80 pounds at first then gained back 30 and now I am trying to lose the 30 pounds. I have lost 8 so far. i definitely would love to give and recieve some support. I need the daily kind of support to help me thru this time I think. i start and then I do well for aweek then I slip up and the cycle keeps going. I need to have a daily check in with hopes that this helps to keep me on track. What about you?
Old 09-08-2002, 09:26 PM   #3  

Well I will be here checking in daily. I sure hope to see you here too. I went shopping for good foods and so now I can take my lunch to work every day. Stay away from the vending machine and all the food places near work.

My first goal is 50 pounds. Then I will go from there. I need all the support. I can give and I will give a lot too.

I would love for some others to join us.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:23 PM   #4  

Hi Brew! how did it go for you today? My hardest time is right before bed? I start craving for I don't know what or if I take a nap in the afternoon I wake up starving and eat anything in sight without even thinking. I have been doing well points wise since Saturday but I can't get myself to exercise!! Any ideas to motivate me??? My first goal is to get past a week for good eating. I really want to do that. I am feeling discouraged and depressed the past week or so and I don't know why my life is pretty calm right now so I am really struggling to stay on target. Dh found out today he has to have another hernia surgery (he just had one six months ago) Well. how was your day? I too did some good food shopping this weekend - it sure helps when making food choices - though the healthy stuff can sure be expensive!!! take care and stay in touch! Fondly, KIM
Old 09-11-2002, 10:57 PM   #5  

The last few days have been going well. I did overeat on Tues. But I am NOT looking at this as a diet for once. I know I have to change my eating habits. So I am taking one day at a time. There will be ups and downs. My hope is to have more up days then down.

On thing that has been helping me is thinking about what do I want. I want to lose this weight. and it is going to take time.

I have been taking my lunch and snacks to work. If I am hungry and I go to the vending machine. I am only allowing pretzels or a nutragrain bar. The other stuff is more points than I want to spend.

Just focus on today. Tomorrow will come. I am not saying don' t plan but really all you can take care of is today.
Old 09-13-2002, 04:18 PM   #6  

You are so right Brew - one day at a time when I think that way I am so much calmer and less worried about food - I am doing alright with the food department - in fact - great - its the exercise that is getting to me - I really hate it and thats awful because I know that is the clincher! glad you are doing well Talk with you soon - I am going to Niagara Falls this weekend hoping not to food splurge!!! Fondly, KIM
Old 09-18-2002, 06:54 PM   #7  

Question

Have you room for another at-home weight watcher on the point system? I have a buddy on the Slimfast site, although I'm a Weight Watcher, but haven't heard from her in two weeks and I would like to participate in an active "group". I became a lifetimer in the 70s (I'm 52) but I have managed to regain and surpass that success. I have 50 lbs. to lose still. I tried Slimfast and lasted a whole week--the shakes got boring and by the end of the week I was famished. I've been doing WW again for a month and have lost 15 pounds, so I feel encouraged. Even my GERD problem has been greatly reduced. I would love to participate in your small group if you are interested. Have a continued great week of losing!
Old 09-18-2002, 09:11 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hi All,

I have a question, if you don't mind. I am thinking of doing the WW at homeprogram also, but isn't counting all the fiber, fat and calories of everything a big pain? Do they have a guide or something? For example, let's say I want to have a tuna salad sandwich (tuna - 2 oz., 2 tsp. Miracle Whip, & celery) on 2 whole wheat, a handful of grapes, and a glass of lemonade (Sugarfree) for my lunch - how do you figure that?

I don't think I could stay with something time-consuming to figure, but I like the idea of having just about anything to eat, and the fact that you can save points up.

Can you help?
Jana
Old 09-19-2002, 04:16 PM   #9  

Jana, It does take some time in the beginning to learn point values, but it gets easier and faster because you're familiar with the item points that you like and use repeatedly. WW provides a slide device that you use to calculate points based on fiber, then calories, then fat. It's quick. What I like about the program is that when you reach your day's quota, you know it's time to quit, no more eating for the day. I try to have a light breakfast and lunch so that I have near half my points left for late afternoon and evening snacks and supper--when I'm most famished and don't have responsibilities of work to distract me. The WW recipe magazines are great! When I'm cooking from them, my hubby thinks he's eating better than ever--so he likes my being on WW Best of luck! Yenba
Closed Thread