3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   Setting Goals, Making Changes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/198584-setting-goals-making-changes.html)

Chrissy1175 04-05-2010 04:19 PM

Setting Goals, Making Changes

I'm jumping back on the weight loss wagon. I lost 40+ lbs in 2006 only to gain it all back plus some. I lost 10lbs between December and January and have kept that weight off. Now I'd like to work on getting more of it off, so I decided to come back to 3FC, since the support I got last time was so beneficial to me. And one of the things I found to be most helpful was listing my goals and things I wanted to change. I found that putting them out there was a way to keep me accountable. So... anyone interested?

Here's mine....

1st week changes:
to eat breakfast every morning
to drink at least 64 oz of water each day

1st short-term goal is to keep track of everything I eat this week.

1st long-term (semi) is to lose 10 lbs by May 1st.

Jank52 04-05-2010 05:27 PM

Great idea Chrissy! I need a lot of accountability! My continued disgust with my weight needs a kick in the pants! Here's mine:

Eat more fruit and veggies at every meal :carrot:
Write everything and I mean everything down :comp:
No more wine until I lose 20lbs :nono:
Allowing one 100 cal snack at night :corn:

Chrissy1175 04-06-2010 10:20 AM

Those are good changes/goals, Jan. Here's your kick in the pants! :D

I think I might have to "take" one for my next week changes. Boy do I need to add veggies and fruits to my day. ;) This is one of the bonuses of telling each other our changes/goals... we can all "take" each others and make them our own. lol

So far so good this week. I had breakfast yesterday and today. Just toast and yogurt but better than nothing. And then I wrote down everything I ate, right up til this morning's toast and yogurt with diet Dr. Pepper (I know, I know, I'll tackle that later). I even let myself spend over 2 hours yesterday creating a spreadsheet to help me keep track. It's the same one I used in 2006 when I had such success, only I've changed the dates and taken off the meetings.

Good Luck, Jan and everyone else who reads this post. :)

Chrissy1175 04-12-2010 10:41 AM

ok... I did pretty well on last week's changes and goals. I ate breakfast every morning. I drank at 64 oz of water everyday except one and I discovered it's easier to get all my water in when I'm sitting at a desk with a timer. ;) I met my first goal of writing everything I ate down, and I'm going to keep this going this week. AND I almost hit my first long term goal of 10lbs lost by May 1st - I lost 9.8lbs this week. YEA!!! :carrot:

2nd week's changes are:
to keep following the changes I made in week 1
to work out for at least 30 minutes everyday after work (should be easy b/c the gym is here on the same campus I work at)
to eat more fruits and veggies this week

2nd short-term goal is not gain anything this week (I know with a big gain in one week it's easy to get off track and/or for my body to rebel and gain a few pounds back)

1st long-term goal is to lose 10lbs by May 1st.
2nd long-term goal is to lose another 10lbs by June 1st.