3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   opinions please... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/189226-opinions-please.html)

beliter 12-31-2009 09:24 PM

opinions please...

I post this on the WW message board & would like your opinions also.
OK,I really need to lose & get healthier,see,both parents are a diabetic(mom found out not too long ago & has been sick alot)both grandmas were/are also.So this all has me thinking alot about my future & my boys.
Today at work in the morn meeting it was announced that if we have enough people sign up we can get a discount to a really good gym:carrot:(fingers crossed).
I can't afford to go to the WW meetings & the gym both:(.So,can I use my older material(2007)& do WW at home & then I can afford the gym?

nancylmrn 01-01-2010 05:17 PM

sounds like you have a win win situation! I can't afford the meeting and certainly can't afford a memebership to the gym.

I ho9pe it all works out for you

beliter 01-01-2010 07:41 PM

well it turns out the gym might not go over well,so I guess it'll be just me & my treadmill.I'm hoping I can do my WW at home & come here for support.I'm trying to find a place for support,let me tell you now...I really need support,don't get any at home.

jenniferleigh 01-01-2010 08:18 PM

I'll be doing WW at home this time around. I joined in January 2009 and went to the meetings for 3 months but really couldn't afford to continue going. I stumbled on this website today and am really excited. It looks like there's a lot of great recipes and tips. I belong to the gym in my cities rec center which is a lot cheaper than joining a chain gym but I still work out at home a lot on the treadmill in my basement.

Good luck with your WW!

nancylmrn 01-04-2010 01:13 AM

hey if you need an exercise buddy I am your gal...been laid off for weeks now an dcan not get into the groove ...I usually run but the weather is oh so yukky so it is dvd time, I have wieghts and arobic <sp> stuff

Tudor Rose 01-04-2010 08:45 AM

Beliter, I think you'll find that a lot of the people on this site are doing WW from home using old materials. I know I am :-) I can't afford the meetings either, but have found that this site provides the same amount of support -- maybe even more, since I can come here any ol' time I want, whereas the meetings run just once a week.

janann 01-04-2010 11:56 PM

I chose the WW meetings over the gym membership.I have some exercise dvds and the Wii Fit Plus that I have been using. If you have health insurance through work or your husband's work, some companies might also cover some of the costs of the WW meetings.

beliter 01-06-2010 08:06 PM

Thanks all,nancy I sure can use an exercise buddy.I have a treadmill,cardio bike & a BIG ball to bounce on.
I've been coming up with a plan & an offical start date(my computer has been down a couple of days also)I'm ready to get started.My plan is to start on 01-10-10 & meet my goal on 10-10-10.I figured if I can have a baby in 9 mo.,I should be able to lose my '20' years worth of baby weight!LOL!!
Thanks again for the support.

mhosner 01-08-2010 10:13 AM

Love the 10-10-10 goal ideal. I think I will have to steal that from you. ;) I think it's sad that losing weight has to cost so much. If I go to the gym on the very, very, low end I might find one for $19.99 a month - that is a might. WW starts at $49.95 per month - and then eating health is expensive. That is why I have also decided to try it at home. I have all of my old WW material from 2004, plus the web opens up a ton of tools such as this site for tracking and support. Working out doesn't have to cost. There are plenty of things you can do at home to get the blood flowing.

Ladybug2680 01-08-2010 10:27 AM

I also love your 10-10-10 idea. I'm not able to go to meetings either and have found the old material to be just as helpful as the new material. I do subscribe to WW's online which isn't too bad. It's $65 for the first 3 months and then $16.95 each month after. I'm trying to decide about joining a gym or not and will have to talk it over with my DH who is also doing WW's with me.

Best of luck and if you need any help feel free to send me a PM.

Tudor Rose 01-08-2010 12:09 PM

I also love the 10/10/10 idea! I might have to make that my goal date for ONEderland.