Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 08:34 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home, 7/29 - 8/4

Starting the topic. Be right back
Old 07-29-2002, 08:37 AM   #2  

I'll make this short since I have to catch up on my work email. We had a wonderful time on vacation. I didn't always make the best choices foodwise but I did better than I could have. I did get on the scale this morning since I didn't have an official weigh in and it's telling me I'm 2 pounds up but I hope I can get rid of it this week before my official weigh in. I'm back OP now so that's what matters. I hope to catch up on last week's thread later. I hope everyone is well.

Judy
Old 07-29-2002, 10:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Welcome to another week.

Judy - Welcome back. We missed you. I'm glad to hear that you had a great time on vacation. Sounds like overall you did well. I wouldn't worry about those 2 pounds - you'll have them off by Saturday. Just stick with the program and you'll be fine.

My weekend was so-so foodwise, and good in every other way. Saturday I was really off program, although I'm just not able to eat like I used to and therefore can't do the damage I used to. So that was good. We were supposed to go on a "music picnic" with friends, but it was so hot and muggy we went to a restaurant instead. Portions were huge and I only ate a third of my entree. Yesterday was the birthday dinner we threw for my mom. I did pretty well with dinner and my slice of cake was small, so again not as much damage as could have been. I did have trouble getting my water in. My scale showed me up a little over a pound this morning. My rings are tight, so I'm hoping that it's water rentention from not drinking enough over the weekend, plus impending TOM. I'll keep guzzling - I'd like to be able to report at least a maintain on Wednesday.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 07-29-2002, 03:24 PM   #4  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone;

Just between meetings at work, so only have time to say a quick hello.

Judy - so glad you enjoyed your vacation. Those two little pounds will be history very soon.

Carla - sounds like you did pretty well on the weekend.

My Saturday was NOP, but Sunday I shone...could've used some more water, but all in all did well. Did the treadmill & gym yesterday and treamill this morning, so I'm feeling virtuous in the exercise department.

Gotta run, I'll have more time tomorrow...

Karen
Old 07-30-2002, 09:08 AM   #5  

Carla - it's good to be back (here, not work!). Sorry to hear that the weekend was so-so but it sounds like you did OK under some tough circumstances. I know what you mean about not being able to do the damage you used to. I'm the same way. I didn't even try to have a fried seafood dinner and this place that specializes in it because I got so sick when I had it last year. Hey, eating only a third of your entree at the restaurant is a victory in my book - congratulations! I'm sure it's water - just guzzle and I'm sure it will be gone by Wedesday.

Karen - Glad to year you pulled out the weekend on Sunday. Way to go on the exercise. I can use all the motivation possible on that front (what I change for me, huh?)

I did OK yesterday considering it was total stress from the time I sat down at my desk until I just couldn't think any more. It took me about 2.5 hours just to get through my email. I never got to do any workout at lunchtime - I only managed a 15 minute break for lunch and gobbled down a sandwich. Tony suggested after work we hit the town pool - it was a great idea - I walked in the pool for 20 minutes (my exercise for the day) and it really helped me to clear my head. I was very please in that I did not go nuts with snacking last night even though PMS has started and I was so stressed out. I actually managed to bank 2.5 points! It's going to be another brutal day weather wise. I doubt I'll leave the office until the end of the day but I'm really dreading the subway platform. Depending on when we get home, we may try to hit the pool again.
Old 07-30-2002, 09:12 AM   #6  

Carla - I was just doing a quick read of last week's posts and I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS for making it into a new decade!!
Old 07-30-2002, 09:19 AM   #7  

Judy-Welcome back, glad you enjoyed your vacation. Sorry work was so stressfull, but the pool sounds like it helped.

Carla-You have been doing so good, keep up that good work and it will continue to pay off for you.

Karen-My weekend was a total loss, GREAT for you pulling Sunday out.

That seems to be my problem lately, stay OP all week and blow the weekends to bits. Talk about Yo-yo. Hopefully I can pull the reigns back in soon before I do any real damage. Have to go to the DMV today (the State office) NOT my favorite thing to do. Bought a new truck on the 10th and have been having nothing but problems with my old dealership (I bought out a lease) NEVER lease!! At least in my opinion, HUGE mistake. Long story short......I am out $24,000 until I can get my problem settled at the DMV. HA should be interesting.

Have a great day.
Old 07-30-2002, 12:54 PM   #8  

Hi everyone.

Karen - Good for you for getting back on track Sunday. With all that exercise, you should see some nice results at the scale tomorrow.

Judy - Sounds like some time in the pool was just what the doctor ordered. I hope things slow down at work a bit for you. I know that sick feeling of seeing all those e-mails when you come back from a vacation. Did I mention that the entree I ate only a third of was big enough to feed three people. No matter, in the past I would have made my way through all of it. Seriously though, the portions at this restaurant were ridiculous. The rest of our leftovers are dinner tonight; last night we ate Ana's leftover gnocchi.

Michele - I've made my mental note - never lease! I hope that you get everything straightened out with a minimum of aggrevation. Weekends are hard for me too. It takes a lot of planning and concentration for me to pull through them.

I did ok yesterday - within points but light on the fruits and veggies. PMS is here gangbusters, so I'm really retaining water. I'm hoping for a maintain, but I don't know if I'll pull that off at all. I'll just have to guzzle as much water as I can today.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 07-30-2002, 01:00 PM   #9  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone -

Judy - good for you for getting to the pool last night and walking off some stress. Sorry you returned to such a mountain of work.

Carla - hope you're having another good day. I see you're online, so we're probably posting at the same time.

Michele - I hear you about the weekends. I do well if I have to work weekends coz I pack a lunch and then only have dinner left to worry about. My weekends off, which are few and far between are much tougher.

Had a good day yesterday, except for the bag of chocolate covered almonds that followed me home from the bulk department of the grocery store. Couldn't resist, but didn't buy very many. Got up this morning and did the treadmill again. I have a training appointment at the gym this afternoon, so am set for exercise.

Have a great day, everyone!

Karen
Old 07-30-2002, 01:04 PM   #10  
Canadian, eh?

Carla - mmmm, gnocchi! I bought some last night for tomorrow. Homemade italian style pizza tonight - can you tell I married an Italian??

Karen
Old 07-31-2002, 09:18 AM   #11  
Canadian, eh?

Still me...whaddya think of the new user name? I wanted something with a bit more pizzazz! Merrylegs was a shetland pony who was Black Beauty's stablemate.

Had a good workout y'day and off to work now. Have a good day.

Oh yeah...maintained again. Sending you good vibes, Carla, for your weigh in today.

Karen
Old 07-31-2002, 01:16 PM   #12  

Hi everyone.

Karen - Congrats on the maintain. I love the new name. Makes me think of dancing. Sorry to hear about your run-in with the chocolate covered almonds. I've had encounters like that. I love gnocchi too - I buy them often as they're a quick, easy, and low point dinner. I like to just do up some diced tomatos with some garlic and maybe some peppers to put on them.

Well as predicted, I had a gain today - 1.6 pounds. I'm not upset though, as I know that it's water retention. The rest of this week will be tricky. Tomorrow and Friday John and I are going to a conference put on by a national adoption association. Thankfully tomorrow's lunch is on our own, so I should be able to put something together that's ok to eat. Friday is a luncheon - we'll see what that brings. And then Friday night we leave for vacation - Yay! Vacation shouldn't be too bad, foodwise. I'll make sure to have low point things with me for breakfast and lunch. The cousins are taking turns making dinners for everyone. Those will be burgers, hot dogs, things like that. I'll just have to watch portions. I should get in a lot of exercise with walking, swimming, etc.

I'll try to check in again tomorrow evening. Until then, have a great day.

Carla
Old 08-01-2002, 12:44 PM   #13  

Karen B - I forgot to say that I love your new id "Merrylegs"! I didn't realize it was from Black Beauty - I thought it was a reference to how well you have been doing on the treadmill! Congratulations on the maintain! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a maintain on Saturday. Hey, into every life a few chocolate covered almonds must fall. Did you count and journal them? If they would have been in my house last night I would have eaten them all - nothing like PMS!

Michele - it's so good to hear from you! Sorry to hear about the problems with the truck lease. I've actually been leasing a car for the last few years (the first time I ever did). I hope I don't have any problems. I got a great deal and since I put so few miles on a car (after 2.5 years I have about 7,000 miles!) and really like the car, I think I'm going to purchase it after the lease is up. I know what you mean about OP all week and then blowing it on the weekends. I think that has been one of the major reasons I've made so little progress over the last year. It has to stop though for me. I'm going to have a challenging weekend.

Carla - Sorry to hear about the gain but it sounds like it hasn't affected your motivation. You are going to MN for vacation, right? (I think I remember something like that). Luncheons and cousins cooking certainly sound like challenges. I have the same challenge (hotdogs and hamburgers and none of them reduced fat) on Saturday. My husband's great niece is having her little girl's 1st birthday party at my sil's. Thankfully, Krista will be there so I think that will help. Hey, I don't care how big the entree was - give yourself a pat on the back because what would you have done before WW???? As you said you (and I) would have eaten more than a third! I'm joining you on the PMS - I've been having salty and sweet cravings - not a good combo with lots of stress!

Last night was not a good evening for me program-wise. I had a very bad day at work - very stressful, very aggravating and even though I knew I had to watch for stress-related snacking, I managed to snack up all of my banked points and put myself in a 1/2 point deficit. At least I counted and journalled it. I decided that a better reaction would be to exercise - that would make me feel much less stressed and I've been really slacking off on it. This morning I got up and did a 1/2 hour of one of my favorite step tapes and while some programs were running, I did some upper body weights. I'm planning on doing some abs after work too. This weekend should be challenging. Saturday is the birthday party at my sil's and Sunday we are taking Krista, her friend and her friend's fiance out to dinner (as a thank you for her friend helping her get this job). We haven't decided on the restaurant yet but I've found it easier to make good choices when she's there.

Back to work,
Judy
Old 08-01-2002, 02:42 PM   #14  

Ok, new month NEW dedication. I have not gone near the scale in weeks as I am afraid of what it will say. I AM going to stay OP (if it kills me) until after my period mid-month then check it out. I can tell my jeans today are rather tight It has been so darn hot I dont feel like working out or doing much besides hiding in the AC watching TV. I have been to Jazzercise everynight this week but I am not giving it my all, I know I should since I make the effort to be there, but it has been over 95+ everyday and the humidity is just plain gross!!!!!!

Good luck to all of you with your weekend challenges, they all sound more exciting than mine, just hanging around the house doing housework and yard work (BORING!)

Karen- great name! I am going to be in Montreal 16-18, anywhere near you?

Carla-Have a great vacation and enjoy that convention. Sounds interesting, Steve and I have discussed adoption many times since we found out we cant conceive.

Judy-I have found that exercise for stress relief is great, especially a kick boxing routine or two. Just picture myself punching my troubles away (or in the face, depending)

Have a great weekend!!
Old 08-01-2002, 11:26 PM   #15  

Hi all.

No time to respond individually. It's just about 10:30 pm and I still have laundry and packing to do. No rest for the wicked.

Have a great weekend and a terrific week next week. I'll talk to you all when I get back from Minnesota!

Carla
Closed Thread