Old 11-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #31  
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

nancylmrn - I was thinking about Thanksgiving myself, now that we've been invited somewhere. I had a test yesterday at bible study with our Thanksgiving luncheon. I did well and stayed on point, but I was thinking about on the actual day a two tablespoon rule. Not sure if that makes sense for everyone..but I was wondering if that'd help me eat less....who knows..I think I will be saving my flex pts. next week just in case, lol.

Luckily we'll won't have our stuff since they movers will come before Christmas, so I am not doing a huge Christmas dinner...otherwise I might cry..why is everything about food...
ASH0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:52 PM   #32  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

ASH I am not familiar per se of the two tablespoon rule but it does make sense to me...would that mean only eat two tablespoons of the 'bad'? for example two tablespoons of mash potatos (which are not bad but...) two tablespoons of gravy which would make sense. LOL wonder how you measure bread???

Anyway the family has given me the 'list' of wants...mash potato's and gravy, some ham, pumkin pie and yeast rolls. Well I can do that but for my own sanity I am adding my turkey, greenbeans and mock cream corn and since I am not a pie eater that is not an issue...my problem it the before and after dinner snacks.

Veggie platter is good even with ff dressing, but there is always that bowl of nuts and chex mix...my downfall's I need to find a tasty to me alternative since I can rack up mega points with those alone
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:54 AM   #33  
ASHABROAD

Well Nancylmrn - I was just thinking about if you felt you couldn't count or want to try multiple things you could do 2 tablespoons. I am not sure if it would even work, but it seems like it could.

Also I have a healthy Granola recipe if you want it, maybe you could have that around for yourself so as to avoid the nuts and chex mix....let me know if you would like it..it's good I have had it..

SO, question to anyone - first I know it's bad, but my Wii Fit has you WI daily. I try not to pay attention to it, and I don't count anything, but once a week. But here's the thing, I have been working my tush off, like the most I have in awhile and this morning I was up 1.3 lbs. I WI earlier than normal - Second question, is it possible to be heavier even though I've been OP and workingout..or is that just because I WI earlier today...I am just sad..I thought I'd see a gradual loss over this week...and I think I might cry if I see a gain on Monday after all of my hard work... : (

Last edited by ASH0424; 11-19-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:02 PM   #34  
Work in Progress

Oh ASH don't be discourged I like you had a period from aug to end of oct where I was working it and I mean hard...5-6 days a week 60+min each workout..running or dvd or weights and only lost 3lbs! for three months! Talk about losing faith! so here I am always on this forum for the support knowing I have hit a barrier and can't not seem to get past...yes I gave up hope a few times but never completly and I keep comming back

The odds are in my favor if I just stick with it so you can too don't you give up on me I need the support
Old 11-20-2009, 01:56 AM   #35  
ASHABROAD

nancylmrn - Yeah, it's okay - I just sortta flipped out because I saw it yesterday, but I need to just not worry about it and do what I have been doing...I know that. But thanks for the support, it does mean a lot to me!!
Old 11-20-2009, 11:02 PM   #36  
Work in Progress

well today I even went for a run durning my lunch of course I looked like #### when I got back to the office but what the heck lol I did this for me. It is too dark in the am before I leave for work and no place safe in the dark when I get home so my only chance is lunch or a dvd when i get home and since my partner in business is ok with it (btw he runs when I do in but lives in a differnt state) it works out ok...so what did I do??? came home this eve ate an entire thin crust veggie pizza with 1/2 the cheese geez I am pathic
Old 11-21-2009, 01:47 AM   #37  
ASHABROAD

Shake it off, we won't even talk about what I did yesterday (gulp) bacon-cheese fries and then I snacked last night bad..now that is lame! : (
Old 11-21-2009, 03:55 PM   #38  
Work in Progress

Ok I am on a cooking spurt again...I go through these periods where I want to try new dishes and with turkey day here soon...anyway found this recipe from Jacques Pepin for glazed sausage bits now I have to go get the ingredients and try it out before I serve it on Thursday. but the premise is you use 1/2 C pomegrante juice 1T ketchup and a dash of Tabasco boil until it syrupy--remove the skin skin from 6oz of kielbasa and cut into 1/2 inch slices add to ssauce and gook over high heat until mix reduces almost completely and sausage is coated....now talk about not on ww! but I thought a piece or two could not hurt me ...I have to tell my self this is for the family not me LOL
Old 11-22-2009, 02:06 AM   #39  
ASHABROAD

You'll have to tell me how that is because that does not sound good when reading it to myself..
Old 11-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #40  

Height: 5'7"

HI everyone...
Im doing great still. I am soooooo happy that the scales are moving down again.I only have to lose 6 more lbs to be back at my lowest.im back to 90lbs off( weigh in isnt till thursday so its not official yet). I sure wish I had tried WW a long time ago. I was doing great counting calories and then it just stopped.I gained back 16lbs over the course of a few months. I know now its because I was comsuming to much fat per day.I also think maybe my body just needed to adjust to the large amount of weight I had lost to that point.
Im hoping to hit the 100lb mark by the end of the year.
Im cooking thanksgiving and am making a few things for me to eat..I plan on loading up on greenbeans and sweet potatoes(made with splenda). I do plan on having a slice of cake..but just one.
On sat my kids(it their year to be with inlaws)are all coming home and we are doing fingerfoods. that day will be my biggest challenge. I plan on doing a relish tray and using healthy versions of creamcheese and stuff. I truly love the numbers I am seeing on the scales now and am hoping its enough to get me through the holildays without to many cheats.

Last edited by dgramie; 11-22-2009 at 10:14 AM.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:47 PM   #41  
Work in Progress

ASH I have to say it was so-so and not something I will serve...dgramie welcome come on and post all you want ..congrats on the loss so far that is awesome

Well today I was good pt wise even tried a run but the weather was so windy I may as well went climbing rather than run against the wind. Only went 1.75 miles instead of min intended 3 oh well

turkey day is close and still not finialized my menu...poop! lol
Old 11-23-2009, 04:54 AM   #42  
ASHABROAD

Nancylmrn - Seriously I do not want to discuss my weekend. BLAH! I have to go weigh myself, I am late this morning and dreading it. Will let you know when I find out. BLAH..

As for the meal, at least you know now it's not good......didn't sound great to me..but what do I know..haha
Old 11-23-2009, 10:56 PM   #43  
Work in Progress

well I have to say ASH congrats on your loss.

I even got and ran today (3.1mil walk/run) during my lunch break--course I looked like dog food when I got back but heck so what.

But by tonight I was so hungry I ate an open faced tuna/egg sandwitch (with FF mayo) broiled it was good the first real egg I have had in almost a year just hope it does not mess me up on Wednesday for weigh in

I am getting excited about turkey day actually my steamed veggis are growing...broccoli, carrot, green bean and aspagus--keeps me out of the taters!
Old 11-24-2009, 03:22 AM   #44  
ASHABROAD

Nancylmrn - it sounds like you have a plan. I am taking my 1 liter water bottle with me and gum. I figure if I start freaking at all the food I can just pop a piece of gum in which usually gives me time to calmly think about what I am doing. I am trying really hard to not just say," Hey it's thanksgiving why count." And I am also saving flex points for that day..

Just ready to be there done that sortta thing already..2 days to go!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:24 AM   #45  

Height: 5'7"

Im really going to try and stay within my points on thanksgiving.I am cooking so I know what goes into some of my foods.Im doing sweet potatoes with splenda. Im truly thinking of not eating any dessert. I mean why blow all my points on a peice of cake..its just not really worth it.
I am going to have oats for breakfast that morning so that IM not as hungry.I have even debated on a relish tray so I can have something to crunch on while others pig out on bad stuff. I had truly rather save my flex points to use on sat when we have fingerfoods when my kids are home. They will be celebrating thanksgiving with their inlaws this year and im cooking for hubbys family.I am excited about the day.
Have a great day everyone
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote