Old 11-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up WW @ Home - November What is on your mind

Well I like to start the month with the thought that the holidays don't scare me! I am looking forward this year to the challenge of making the Thanksgiving dinner for my immediate and extended family using all ww reciepes. If any have some tried and true please post them, or if you have some ideas that would be great too.

What else are you thinking? I am also concerned about the weather getting colder and making outdoor exercise very limited so finding fun and challenging indoor stuff without spending any money is another hill to climb.

Look forward to all of you jumping in and chating, sounding off, encourging and just plain being fat chicks on a diet
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:57 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

Did I mention I went for a run yesterday after not going for almost a month??? and that I now have blisters the size of footballs on my feet? What a ding dong I am I should have stopped when I knew they were comming on but nooooooo.......I had to finish what I started so now I am down until they heal..ya know sometimes it does not pay to be a stuborn redhead LOL
Old 11-03-2009, 12:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Nancylmrn, I'm looking forward to the holidays this year This is amazing progress for me. I'm finding the ability to eat what I enjoy - just NOT in the quantities I used to inhale!

Today was a beauty weather-wise, and I made time to catch up with a friend and circle around a huge lake. Our chatting made the walk so enjoyable (I'm usually alone) that we decided to do another circle around. After a 2-hour walk, we were hungry for dinner and stopped to grab something good and "on plan." To our surprise, we weren't famished.

Like you, I'm also finding natural ways to get daily exercise. Attempts to get to the gym have conflicted with my schedule for years. Finally decided to channel the energy into using what is available around me (great places to walk, motivating workout videos, friends who also enjoy hiking, etc.)

Concerning the cooler weather: Perhaps you would consider walking a few miles around an indoor shopping mall? A few local hiking groups do this; some meet in the early a.m., some after dinner. While shopping malls are not my favorite venue, I'm willing to try to get a workout in on those days when the weather drops to freezing temps.
Ready2BThinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:54 AM   #4  
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

What am I concerned about?
BEING SICK!
I am sick again for the second time. I was misdiagnosed last week and now have a bigger and worse infection, a super infection the Dr. called it. So, right now I am on new meds...
I was doing so well and then this illness - I feel like I've been hit by a train.
I actually have missed working out and am just worried I won't make any progress..before we move..
ASH0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #5  
wannabethinner

Thanksgiving most certainly does scare me As does my anniversary which is on the 29th. For some reason I know we are going to do something with some yummy food that weekend. I'm trying to prepare for it now though
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:58 AM   #6  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Thanksgiving scares me too because I've always used it as an excuse to eat as much as I want. Well...it's still a few weeks away and I'm just going to think about NOW for now.

My house is full of kids today... there is no school, and there are 6 extra kids here...my DD and a friend are babysitting here for the neighbors, and I offered to watch a 1 year old, who is snuggling on my lap.
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:23 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

Whoo Hoo Ready2 it sounds like you have a handle on things. I know even though I am not losing weight per say I am not eating like I use to (well except yesterday and today--got some kind of funk going on--pot stickers geez) any way I am really looking forward to making turkey dinner with ww reciepes and see who we do...actually I have tried most of what I am going to fix and it has been hit an miss with the family so I will pick the best of the best.

ASH I am so sorry you are still sick not a great way to start the month but you will recover!

as for both of you Redeemed and Treighsie check out the recipes on the ww recipe thread there are some awesome one to try out on the family and if an anniversary is the problem save those weekly pt and just g for it!
Old 11-04-2009, 06:20 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

Mind if I join you??
I followed the WW plan 5-6 years ago, did great, lost 60 lbs! Yay me! Unfortunately, I let life take over and started coasting....needless to say it was a big mistake and I have gained back 37lbs. So now it is time to stop coasting and take back the controls!

Right now my focus has to be mostly on cleaning up my eating habits, I have really let things slip. Once the eating starts to get back on track, I will feel more energetic, so for right now, I am doing some moderate exercise a few days a week, that will increase with time.

Nancy~The blisters sound SO painful!
Tracy~I am with you, Thanksgiving intimidates me a little, but I need to focus on the Now right now. And the 1year old, how sweet! I have not had a little one to snuggle with in 9 years~I miss that!

I look forward to sharing this journey with everyone here!

Last edited by nail-lady; 11-04-2009 at 06:20 AM.
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:56 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

nail! so glad you could join us! btw the blisters are almost gone and I intend to get back to the exercise routine I know and love--my dvd's--until the weather gets nice then I will brave blister land again

Like a bunch of us october and before seemed to do us in don't know why..but I am ready to commit to my exercise and eating healthy "most" of the time. I know there are going to be my ups and down and turkey day well since I am the chef I plan to make ww friendly food but portion control...nah...at least that is my plan right now

has anyone really tried the cauliflower fake mashed potato?? just wondering if that should really jump at the family?

Just found out that my DD wants the BF to fly up for turkey and christmas not crazy about it at all! even though there are separate sleepling quarters in my home. I do have to work but she is over 18 working too and full time student...I do have to have some latitude right???

ok enough of my wineing and I do mean wine

Last edited by nancylmrn; 11-05-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:53 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Nancy~Glad to hear the blisters are on the mend! When the feet hurt, it sure makes everything else tough.
On the BF....that's a tough one! My husband & I had a LD relationship in the beginning too (I was 18 also), so I can sympathize with your daughter, but as a parent....this would be tough!

I walked about 2 miles last night, while my son had basketball practice. We are fortunate enough to have a fantastic indoor track (and a gym too) at their school that is open to all in the evenings. I don't often take advantage of it, but figured since I was there for his practice anyway....Then they had their playoff games. This is a youth B-ball clinic, so it has to be done before the school's season really gets under way and last night was the end.

The one good thing about cooler temps & Fall (besides the beautiful colors), is that I LOVE soup and many Progresso soups have the points right on them. Even some of the ones that don't, are low in points. I love the Rich & hearty...Slow cooked vegetable beef, like homemade beef stew and only 2pts/serving. YUM!

Well, it's time to start my day, Hope everyone has a great one!
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:08 PM   #11  
*Determined*

S/C/G: 304/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone!

I'm not sure what my deal is. I was doing so good for awhile there and now I've lost my motivation yet again. I am soo frustrated with myself It's like I want to lose weight so bad, but that's as far as it goes with me. I think alot of it, for me, has to do with meal planning. I haven't done any real grocery shopping and/or meal planning for awhile. Guess that's the first goal I need to work on! Needless to say, there wont' be a weigh-in for me this week! LOL.

How do you all keep your "mojo'?

What are some of your favorite lunch/dinner menus?

Have a great Friday!
andi654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:11 PM   #12  
*Determined*

S/C/G: 304/ticker/150

nancy- I made the cauliflower fake mashed potatoes and my Dh really loved it. He actually requested it not too long ago.
andi654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:04 PM   #13  
Work in Progress

WOW I so wish we had an indoor track to run! that would just be so perfect for me but I live were I live and rain is part of the great outdoors so running is on hold until the weather gets better....so how does one keep the mojo??? &### if I know I lost mine about 4 weeks ago and still hunting for it and during that time I have gained back 5lbs that took me 3 months to lose.

But on a lighter note some good lunch ideas beyond progresso (which is a life saver) are the steamer veggies from green giant - kinda pricy but I eat an entire bag for a meal. Another fav of mine for lunch the 100 cal tortilla with some deli turkey, lettuce, tom, onion wrap with a touch of mustard and sometimes FF mayo. Of couse my own homemade soups, also try some stir fry veggies with just 1/2 cup brown rice about 3pts tops..I also stir in a bit of oyster sauce to give it some sweetness.

Dinner well that is wide open, usually some kind of protien..1-3 oz of fish, chicken or even pork. with 1/2 baked potato topped with salsa, onion or mustard (yes that is good) I love most all seasonal steamed veggies - if you buy those steamer bags and rinse them out they are perfect and last about 7 or 8 cooking times before the zip loses it's zip.

but my downfall is my wine...several glasses in the eve so I do have to plan for it but without the exercise to counter balance cruddsies I have gained back 5lbs --- what keeps the mojo going when I was so good for almost 6months.....well will have to get back to ya when I figure that part out
Old 11-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #14  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

I hope you don't mind that I join your group. I have been on ww on and off for many years. I really need to get back on so I can lose this weight once and for all.

Thanksgiving does concern me because it is all the food that I love that I never eat. I have to remember it is only one day or really one meal. Once that meal is over the holiday is eating is over.

I also have to work on stress eating. I can't get it through my think head that stress or emotional eating only hurts me, it doesn't affect anyone else.

Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #15  
Work in Progress

Welcome aboard Bev, we always welcome anyone who wants or needs to jump on this wagon...

I wish I could relate to emotional eating but I am sure it is just as hard as eating from habit or boredom my downfalls....you know even when I plan activities I still find that idel time and eat, eat, eat or drink wine, eat and eat.

anyway we all have the overeat/underexercise bug lol.

Turkey day ... what to do...my plan since I am the hostess...have 3 or 4 steamed veggies and the tradional potato and gravey...so my plan is put more veggies on plate and only leave a tad space for the mashed/gravy train. Rolls - well??? if I cut one in half and only place it on my plate I should be ok then if I want seconds I eat the other half?? I am ok skippng the desserts but that pre dinner snacking may get me too...

need pre-dinner guilt free snacks---throw out your suggestions