Old 10-02-2009, 11:17 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default WW@Home October Spooky Chit Chat

Well I thought I would start the thread this month after all it is the halloween month/harvest festival and getting closer to the "big" holidays when will power will really test us.

I think we will need to really make a commitment to workout as the weather gets colder it is going to be a bit more of a challenge to find 'indoor' fun.

I am going to make a commitment to myself I will workout for a min of 30min each session and total of 20 days this month. Do any of you have any goals similar? If not that is ok too. I tend to do better if I put it in writing and those 20 days are going to be a challenge since I will be working late all next week, travel 4 days after that then work late again the last week of the month.....btw exercising before work is not an option (sorry I refuse to get up before my already 5am alarm)
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

I had a good day yesterday but busy! Seems DD no. 3 and friends had homecomming dance and the entire house had to be in on it (me-lol) anyway 15min into my workout I had to stop and try to apply fake eyelashes, never done that before, went back to work out not another 15min gone and I was needed to to apply eyeliner, find safetypins, oh and btw 'mom' can I borrow one of your neclaces and then proceded to share all my jewlery with buddies....good thing I like them--the real funny was I had to try and tie a knot in the BF tie! anyway got them off and out the door went back to finish workout DVD and my DH tells me I have a phone call from DD no.1--told DH I would call her back. Ani't it grand to be so wanted? But you know I love every min of it.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

Well I had good intentions of working out today but my body just said no way jose. so I took a nap instead

But I did stay within my points and plan to use my DVD or run tomorrow depending on the weather
Old 10-05-2009, 07:56 AM   #4  
Chopper5

S/C/G: 258.8/255.5/145

Height: 5' 7"

Question To Nancy --

Didn't you mention at one time that you have used a DVD for walking indoors or something similar to that? I wanted to get a DVD or two for when it's too cold or rainy to get out. Plus, it will be nice to do something other than the elliptical for a while. Change it up a bit. If you were not the person that had mentioned it, please forgive me. If you have used it, please let me know if there is one that you like. Thanks!!!
Chopper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #5  
going thin

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'3

Allright, I am so serious this time and am hoping that I can do this. I have been sick for a few months now and put on prednisone after losing 30lbs with weight watchers last year. Now I have gained all of that back and starting to put on more and need to stop the cycle. I will still be on pred for at least 2 more months however it has been a lower dose then starting out with. But actually, since she has been decreasing the dose I have been feeling the hunger more than I did at 20mgs. I also because of Dr. bills can not afford to go to the mtgs which is how I lost the weight last time. So I am hoping I can do this on my own. I had been on and off this thread for awhile now. So thanks to all who are still here and keeping this going. I have been reading but not posting (doesn't work as well)
stengel150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:56 PM   #6  
Work in Progress

Yes Chopper I am the one who uses a walking DVD when the weather is bad. they are Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds. I there are three 5mile ones I use but I really don't care for the one that wants you to use strechy bands, weights etc. tooo much changing going on but the other two I really like. And here in the PNW we get a lot of rainy days so indoors is best....well actually I just am not one to really enjoy outdoor activity when I am wet.

stengel150 welcome aboard! All I can say is glad you are here and we are here for you --- the good the bad and the ugly. And the best advice I can give you is plan your meals and snacks, stick to it and journal journal journal!

Please post often
Old 10-05-2009, 11:04 PM   #7  
*Determined*

S/C/G: 304/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hi! I'm not sure if you remember me, but I posted a few times this summer and just kinda disappeared. LOL. I had computer issues and then just quit doing WW at Home because financially was having a hard time affording my usual "healthy" foods and instead bought hotdogs, mac and cheese, and ramen noodles. I realize that just because I eat that stuff doesn't mean I can't track points. Anyhow, I really liked this group and really want to get my head back in the WW game! It's so wonderful that those of you keep this group going. Alot of us need the support, love the WW way of life, but just can't afford the meetings at the moment. I was wondering, on the at home weigh-in, does everyone weigh in on one day or do people choose their own days to weigh?
andi654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #8  
*Determined*

Hi nancy! You have a fabulous idea for the walk away the pounds dvds! I forgot that I have a 1 and 2 mile. I had some knee problems and wasnt able to do them for awhile, but I think my knees have gotten stronger, so I will have to use those again! Good job staying within your points!!

Whats your weather like in the Northwest right now?

Here in KS it was cloudy and 60. Supposed to be in the lower 50's this weekend! I'm not ready for the cold!!

Have a great day!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:25 AM   #9  
Chopper5

S/C/G: 258.8/255.5/145

Height: 5' 7"

Smile

Thanks, Nancy! I appreciate the help. I will stop at the store on my way home Friday and look for them.
Chopper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:41 PM   #10  
Work in Progress

yes andi I do remember you and I have never been able to afford the meeting or the online so with research and asking questions I have a good handle on ww and the 'how too's' it seem to work for me and I am glad you are back..btw pick any day for your weigh in and stick to it...mine is Wed I figure I can be good durining the week, and if I have to blow pts let it be Sat and Sun then have Mon and Tue to recover lol

...as for the weather pretty similar to yours I am just not ready for fall I guess. I started jogging in Aug and set some goals to be able to do a 5K (3.5? miles) and when I hit that mark I just have not been motivated to go back outside...go figure?

Chopper if you are not in a hugh hurry find them on ebay or amazon used dvd's save a few $$

Well today I was back at the Dr. seems I can't keep my hypertention under control with exercise and diet...s**t...so now am trying medication no 4billion and see if I can take it without a trip to the ER on a friday afternoon. This is so annoying. But Dr. always weighs me and with all my clothes I am only .5 pounds diff from my weigh in last wed. so that is a good sign I think.

well I am off for the night
Old 10-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #11  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

So I think I'm getting sick with a cold or sinuses or something, but it's really making my eating habits all wacky. Like on Monday I was *so* hungry -- no matter what I ate I just kept wanting to eat more. Then yesterday I had like no appetite and had to really work to eat all of my daily points. Blah.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #12  
Counter-Hipster

S/C/G: 184/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I've been on plan for a week now and already I'm feeling and seeing the difference! Right now I'm only doing 10min in the AM on my elliptical (I can't run because I have a herniated disc), but I'm hoping to up it to 15min. I've been doing about 4 days a week, and I want to keep that up. As long as I work up a sweat I feel good.

I've rediscovered tea!! I know green tea is good for controlling appetite, but it's still too bitter (I have to add sugar!). So I've been drinking herbal tea (Orange Zinger, anyone?) and I also got a box of PureVia sugar substitute. It's not that great (I'm super anti-fake-sugar) but it's better than aspartame or whatever.

I really wish I didn't hate sugar substitutes so much... I'd love to be able to drink Crystal Light... and actually enjoy it!
dominodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:30 PM   #13  
*Determined*

Evening everyone! Not sure about anyone else, but this has really seemed like a long week! LOl. Not really bad or anything, but just kinda long. I think the weather/season changes take me forever to get adjusted to or something! It's sprinkling here this afternoon and the temps are dropping. Although, I think the inside of our house is colder than it is outside. I've been tracking my points and doing pretty good the past 2 days. Hubby and I trying to go walking, but just didn't make it today. So, I did a 10 min. yoga session. I suppose it's better than nothing and it did make me feel good to do something. I had oral surgery last Friday and am supposed to be eating soft foods, which naturally makes me think mashed potatoes, but I'm trying to be careful and not let this be another excuse. I know that I wont be following the healthy guidelines as much as I should, but I am at the least sticking to/tracking points.

Nancy- I think your Wed weigh-in is a fabulous idea! I think I might either join you on that one or possibly do Sat. mornings. Sorry to hear about the hypertension. I really hope that it all gets figured out. Seems like it takes some time to find what works best. Best wishes on your 5k training. I don't think that I can ever jog (due to knees), but I'd love to be able to walk a 5k quickly!

Tudor Rose-Take it easy and hope you get feeling better soon!

dominodreams- Congrats on your workouts! Thanks for the tea reminder, also! It's so soothing and filling, but it's one of those things I forget about. lol. I bought one flavor last Christmas that was a sugar cookie flavor. Delish!

Chopper- Good luck on the WATP DVD's.

I'm not sure what your cable tv/systems are like, but here in KS we have Cox Communications and at our house we have a digital box (think thats what its called), anyway, today I discovered that if I pushed the On Demand button and it has a "free zone" with cable tv programs (E!, TLC, Discov, etc), free movies, and an exercise channel! There were some Biggest Loser workouts, Walk away the pounds, Carmen Electra, yoga, and many others. It was a nice surpise! Also, sad to know that I've had the box for a few years and just now discovered that feature...

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #14  
Work in Progress

Tudor sorry you are under the weather....but even when I am feeling good I have days where I just can not seem to get full and others where food it not a motivating factor...wired I know

dominodreams I have been an avid tea drinker for years. I usually buy loose leaf at a shop near my work they have so many varities and even some claim to be an appitete suppresant (mad hat tea company--you can google and order fron them) I even have some of there sleepy time tea that works wonders. Great job this week btw

andi nice to see you again! but sorry about the mouth bummer I know how that feels had oral surgery a few times over the years...

Well today was weigh in up 1.5 but you know for the first time I am ok with it since the week before I had an enormus drop so I really expected to gain a bit back. I am feeling pretty unmotivated when it comes to exercise and need to find a way to get back in the groove....all suggestions welcome!
Old 10-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #15  
*Determined*

Hey nancy! I totally agree with you and exercise motivation...or lack there of. I feel the same way. I thought of making a challenge for myself, but I'm just not sure how to "work" it. For awhile I did 10 minute intervals about 3 times a time and it worked well at the time, but then I just got lazy again. Sometimes I just dont have the energy to work out. It's frustrating!

Tonight Dh is making tuna and noodles! Yum! Must practice portion control...

Have a good one!