Old 09-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #46  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Kiki, that's great on maintaining the 80 lbs! That's quite a feat in itself.

I'm at that point where all my pants are starting to get too big, so they look all baggy when I wear them which is *not* a look I want to have. This is especially true of my jeans. So yesterday I went out shopping for some new clothes. Of course, I don't want to spend too much money on jeans when I know that in another few months they'll be too big, so I just went to my local thrift store and I was thrilled to find I could comfortably fit into a 24! I don't think I've worn a 24 in probably two years, and looking in the mirror I can definitely start to see my weight loss, especially in the hip/stomach area.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:24 PM   #47  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

well chickies I need to catch you all up....took a mini vacation this weekend and did not have computer access. DH and I drove to the eastern side of the state and I was a very bad chick! biscuts and gravey for breakfast both days...pizza...chicken sausage..potato chips....crackers and two bottles of wine. I did not even attempt to add up those pts...and not a lick of exercise unless you count sitting in jacuzzi a work out?

So tonight I did my weights and watched what I ate today so hopefully Wednesday I can maintain

wish me luck
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:47 PM   #48  
Work in Progress

ok I ate ok today but I did get in a 4 mile run/walk I am still working up to doing a 5K (3miles) but so far it has been a month and once I managed the first mile without stopping, but after that it is more like 1/4mile walk a min then 1/2 mile walk a few min...just can't seem to get my breathing down and the more I think about it of course the more I tense up and start to breath too fast so then I slow down my strides (which are slow to begin with) I guess I should go on the running thread to get some advice on how you over come this....but no matter how slow I go as long as I keep my heart rate up for 60 min I am happy.

well I will check in later hope you all have had a wonderful day and can't wait to hear from you
Old 09-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #49  
Work in Progress

Well it was weigh in this am and whoo hoo big suprise (not) I gained a pound so no loss at all for me this month. So I am not sure what or where to go next. Since July 16 I have only lost 4.5 pounds and I exercise 3 to 5 times a week at 60min a pop, Some weeks I eat all my flex pts some weeks no does not seem to matter....
Would love some suggestions please
Old 09-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #50  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

nancylmrn, have you considered cutting back on your exercise? You could be gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat.

This weekend I'm going to DC to visit my little sister, so I'm trying so hard to not use my weeklies until the trip because I have no idea what I'll be eating. I'm hoping I'll be able to make good choices, and my sister knows and totally supports my weight loss plan, so she'll be conscious of it. Plus I'm sure we will be doing a lot of walking. I'm also, shall we say, "riding the crimson wave" this week, which of course always makes it tricky. But at this same time last month I was on a trip to Vegas and still managed to lose weight, so DC should be easy compared to that!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:34 PM   #51  
Work in Progress

Tudor I have thought about that but when I look back at my log since I started recording both exercise and food let me give you a run down

July 15-Aug 12 exercised 19 out of 29 days with a loss of 3.5 lbs
Aug 13- Sept 9 exercised 12 out of 28 days with a loss of 1.0lbs
Sept 10- Present exercised 8 out of 14 days with a gain of 1.0lbs

Granted I did really over do this past weekend so that may be the gain I am thinking I need to up the exercise to a solid 5-6 days a week each 60 min session..and by that I mean keep my heart rate in the target zone or above to get the hvy pts workout of 8 pts for 60 min. Is that too much?

I have only used all my flex pts + one week and that was last weekend I don't even use my work out pts...grrr

maybe it is my age??? you know that over 50 menopause thing? my daughter told me I should get a diet supplement..don't think I want to go that route

I have lost a bit in inches but I really don't feel it in the way my clothes fit I am still wearing the same size I was in June and July

so here is the real pisser (sorry) I am using and official ww journal and it has a page that gives you this weight loss graph for loss each of the 12 weeks and total loss of 20lbs so here I am on week 11 and as of week 10 I have lost a whopping 3.5 no where near this 20lbs mark

Darn I think I just need to start a new club....WA whiners annon

HELP

Last edited by nancylmrn; 09-23-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Nancy...(((hugs))). I've lost about the same...maybe 5lbs (I'm not even sure anymore) since July. It's all good...I think sometimes our bodies just need a break. I am still being good (but not fanatical) and maintaining...I'll give it another go later. I feel for you though...been there...doing that.
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:16 PM   #53  
Work in Progress

Thanks kiki your words helped me to move forward and quit questioning my body doing what it wants to do
Old 09-26-2009, 10:56 PM   #54  
Work in Progress

Ok I missed posting yesterday had a dinner iwth my in-laws etc last night...all vegan which was kinda nice. But did have a glass or 3 of the white wine LOL

Tonight I was good and ate just some steamed seafood for dinner but no exercise so this is two days in a row without real movement. Tomorrow I plan on a 4 or 5 mile walk/ jog

Hope everyone is well and 'poof' I am gone for the night lol
Old 09-27-2009, 10:48 PM   #55  
Work in Progress

OMG I am still reeling from my exercise this afternoon. I went to the local High School and used the track. I pushed myself and did 4 miles...yep thats right 16 laps before I started to walk..and the only reason I stopped was my feet felt like they were burning. Now it is many hours later and I feel like someone has beat me up but I am so pumped that I went past my goal of a 5K run!

So I celebrated with very thin crust pizza (papa murphy) with less than 1/2 the cheese and some very chilled wine LOL

Hope you all had a awesome weekend
Old 09-28-2009, 08:49 AM   #56  
Chopper5

S/C/G: 258.8/255.5/145

Height: 5' 7"

Default Elliptical - 15 min/ 3 times this week

I have GOT to start exercising. My goal for this week is to use it 15 minutes a day 3 days this week. I know it sounds small but if I push myself too hard at first, I tend to give up. I think if I ease my way into it, I'll have a better chance of sticking with it. I hope to work myself up to at least 45 minutes per day 4 times a week.
Chopper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #57  
One day at a time!!!

S/C/G: 245/221.2/140

Height: 5'2"

Nancy - that is awesome! Feeling beat up probably never felt so great! Running a 5k will be easy for you now. I am impressed! I know that you have been frustrated with the weight loss side of things, but I hope that the progress that you have made on the physical fitness side of things helps you see how great you really are doing.
Ragsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #58  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 2"

Red face Newby says hello

Hi everyone:

I'm new to the forum ... third week on Weight Watchers at home and thought I'd check for support and found this forum.

Glad to be here, nice to have others to talk to about the ups and downs etc.

I have done Weight Watchers three times in the past ... started when I was about 21 and am now 52! It works every time I follow it, but then I get sidetracked, gain some weight back, then a bit more ... you know the story

Anyway, I know it works and it is working ... I have already lost 7.5 Lb's. It's always faster at the beginning for sure, so I am ready for the slow down now. I finally have a home gym, with an elliptical (Christmas treat) so that's really helping.

Will read through the posts now and know I'll find the support I'm looking for

Cheers everyone!

Paula

Last edited by yougogirl; 09-28-2009 at 11:22 AM.
yougogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #59  
Work in Progress

Chopper you have the right idea to start in small steps,, whats helps too for me I use a calendar and put a sticker on each day I exercise so I have a visual

Ragsy thanks for the boost

yougogirl welcome aboard! and hey we are almost the same age! how cool is that?

Last edited by nancylmrn; 09-28-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:18 PM   #60  
Work in Progress

I know I know I post here way more than most of you but I use this as a way to shout my whines and sucesses LOL

Today I was tired but still came home after work and did my Firm DVD-standing legs-45 min of leg work with weights-whew

I am looking back at my journal and reflecting on how I had to start small. I remember in May I bought a DVD walk away the pounds 1-2-3 miles and I could barely get through mile 1 and then 2 and now I look at WOW I really ran on a track --outside--4 miles straight! I have made the commitment to myself to stay moving...I only hope it holds through these winter months..those are the times I revert back to old habits and poof gain the weight I worked so hard to remove only to have come back

keep me motivated chickies!