Old 08-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #1  
cher37

Smile WW @ Home - Amazing August Results!

Hello Ladies

I've been looking forward to starting-up again, so, it's August 1st & here it goes ....

I will stay OP, drink my water, & walk at least 45mins daily with my pedometer every day. My official weigh in day is Friday AM (however, I tend to "check in" daily to keep me on track). CW: 230 lbs

Have a good weekend!
Old 08-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

I find that of all the things to remember to do in a day, being sure to get in all my water is the hardest! It used to not be, I used to have my very own water bottle and I'd keep it topped off all day long. The water bottle has since been trashed (I don't keep water bottles for too long, I'd love to invest in a metal one).

I am going to do my weigh-in's on Friday's. This past Friday I was at 209.0 (down .4 pounds since the last time I had weighed in at the first of the week).

Next thing I need to do is update my blog!

Happy August everyone! <---love that little guy!
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:11 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for starting the Aug thread cher!

Well today I am op so far and I don't seem to have a water issure as a matter of fact it is mid day here and I have already got my water in...but then again it is hot.....and I just finished my exercise. I tried a new dvd today the 'Firm' burn 500 cal workout. I have to say I liked using the weights but the cardio moves left me baffeled she moved so fast without a lot of warning and had some moves that were new to me So it is going to take me a few trys to get that one down. So I will alternate firm 500 cal and WATP 5 mile burn

I do my weigh in's on Wed and I will get that Aug thread started after I post here. Last month was only down 3.5 lbs. I know I will reach my goal but was hoping to do it before Christmas now not so sure I will make it

I will check in later with you chickies
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

I'm OP with the exception of the water...nope, didn't get it done but tomorrow is a new day...I'll try my best!! Food wise I did okay though...no major sins (a little night time indulging but totally OP so all good!)
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/174.6/160

Height: 5'7

Since my epic fail weigh in Friday, I've been on par with tracking every bite of food that goes into my mouth and I am feeling really good for the beginning of August. I have no travel or anything this month and feel I can get into some really good habits and routines. I did have attend a cookout yesterday and then had a college friend come spend the night. I did not eat hardly anything at the cookout, then when I went to dinner with my friend had a steak caesar salad (half portion) no croutons or cheese, dressing on the side. I was proud!! My main points came from the almost other worldly amount of wine I managed to consume between the two "events", but I kept track and deducted appropriate points.Thankfully I had gained 9 activity points yesterday hiking a mountain with my dad. I was under the impression it would be an easy hike but I swear the last thirty minutes of the ascent was walking up super steep rock!!!!!! I have no clue if it'll work (I am bad with online picture technology) but I tried to include a picture of me below at the point in the hike I wanted to either vomit, or throw myself off the mountain hahaha. I saw it today and it made me laugh and made me think of how hard we all work our asses off for health, fitness, and weight loss. Hope everyone had a great weekend, and welcome new folk!

katier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #6  
Work in Progress

katier wow beautiful picture! reminds me of where I live and some of the hikes I have pushed myself through. I remember one that I took my girls on it was a mile of steep switch back nearly killed me, and I was in shape back then

Well today I stayed op even got an hour of cardio in...still feel guilty about the overdo last thurs with pizza, wine and cheddar cheese. Since I did not have a loss last week I am worried it will be the same this week.

How do you all mentally recover from a huge binge? I know I still have flex points left and have been working out but....
Old 08-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

Katier, What a beautiful place you live. We're going through a drought here so almost everything that's supposed to be green is brown. So thanks for putting up the pic and "reminding' me what green looks like. Do you get the chance to hike often or is this something you've just started doing?

I just got back from a weekend out of town and I'm wondering the same thing you are Nancy. How do we bounce back from a binge? I was doing so good and now I can't seem to get back OP and stay on. I'm a bit bummed and trying to get back on the horse so to speak.

Here's hoping we all have a great week!!!
Chrissy1175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 135/129/115

Height: 5'3''

I love it that you have a group for at home ww people!!! I'm kinda new to this whole thing, so i was wondering if someone could tell me what OP stands for? thanks!
gillyhicks115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #9  
One day at a time!!!

S/C/G: 245/221.2/140

Height: 5'2"

Hey guys -

katier - wow- what a beautiful place to live! We have some beautiful places to hike here in Tennessee too.....perhaps when my little guy gets out of diapers, we can start camping again.

Did my weigh in this morning.....I have to say I am surprised I was down any since it wasn't a great week and I used up all of my points allowance..... This is the first week since I started a month ago that I just felt hungry all week. It was ridiculous!! I felt like I was eating everything in site. And....too much wine didn't help a whole lot either! So- Nancy & Chrissy, you're not alone.....I overdid this past week too....and felt pretty crappy about it.....but.....

What's done is done - we can't change it, but we can move forward......Today is a NEW day!!!

to new guys.....and gillyhicks115, I am kind of new here too...but I think OP means "On Program" - whichever ww program you are following. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

Have a GREAT week everyone!
Ragsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Katier - wow - that mountain is incredible. Congrats on that accomplishment.

Chrissy - I can't wait to find my own "new bumps!"

Well, I'm finally back OP. It was an on again off again relationship for awhile. One chinese buffet under my belt (I feared that would happen after the nurse worked on our floor (eating chinese for 2) last weekend). I had to get it out of my system. That behind me, way over on points last week, including all my extra points, and the new week has begun.

I neither lost nor gained. I think that's good news the way I was eating.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

Well it is good to see everyone is getting back on track! This is a new week afterall LOL

op....it is either on points or on program I use it as a reference to being on points

check in later
Old 08-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #12  
Work in Progress

Ok it looks like I am finishing strong today.. I worked out but only did 4 of the 5 mile walking dvd. I am really low on energy tonight though. ~~~ and can I whine a bit???
I have had an almost constant headache since last week along with my b/p being low. I go to the dr. a week from today and I hope she will adjust my medication

And on another note: my DD is due with her first anytime but the baby is in breach postion they are going to try and move the baby around tomorrow..bit of stress on her and me (well mostly her lol)

OK chickies I am off for the night will check in tomorrow
Old 08-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

You know it's gonna be a long day when you can't seem to finish a simple post. I've started this post about 4 times today and each time I had to leave before finishing it. Thankfully this day is over (at least the work part) and I can relax somewhat.

I had planned on cooking stuffed peppers today but I feel so mentally exhausted that I can't seem to get the energy to get up and do it..... any ideas of what I can have for dinner that wouldn't require I move from my current location? NO? bummer.....
Chrissy1175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:07 PM   #14  
Work in Progress

oh Chrissy you don't know how many times I get interupted when I want to post....don't people know this is way more important than work????

And I too can plan a meal and not follow through but for the most part if I go to the effort to plan it I make it. My downfall is not planning and getting home and going...duh what do I want now???? But I try hard to keep staples on hand for the oops that was to much effort to plan nights....like tonight I had a 'turkey ham' that I sliced up, heated in a skillet while I nuked some corn on the cob....poof a dinner.

I did not workout tonight ~ I listened to my body from last night and took tonight off. maybe a bad move since tomorrow is weigh in. but it looks like if I journaled correctly I still have 9 wp pts left and earned 29 ap points that I did not use....this is either going to hurt or help me. I have been stuck at the same weight now for two solid weeks and tomorrow will make 3. I so want to break that 150 barrier!

There are those that want to be in onederland ( and that is sooo awesome) but I to want to make it to 140ish land and it always seem I get to about where I am now and then 1. stop exercising, 2. stop journaling, 3. start to eat poorly......I have to find a way to break this cycle

Am I afraid to get healthy???

OK I am done with my whining....just need to vent once in a while

Last edited by nancylmrn; 08-04-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that I'm not gonna like the scale of mine come this Saturday!!! I just got home from a BBQ cooking class (yummy stuff AND late night eating...ooops) and tomorrow we head up for a night of camping...(I'm gonna TRY to be good but it's ladies and kids only and it's probably not a great idea to save all my points for alcohol!! Bwahahahahaha) and than Friday night we have a wedding...I see a little "fluctuation" in my future. :O
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote