3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   WW @ Home We're Hot in July! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/175733-ww-%40-home-were-hot-july.html)

nancylmrn 07-26-2009 02:00 PM

confession time--had three martini's brother!

Today another challenge, brother has free tickets to the ball game--of course there will be the tempting hotdogs and beer...I am hoping I can resist but I don't know. So I am filling up on fruit and veggies before we leave. it is an afternoon game and the temp is suppose to be in the 90's

Chrissy1175 07-26-2009 02:08 PM

Nancy, you had pizza without the cheese? wow... I so don't think I have the will power to do that. I'd much rather go without the pizza than have it without the cheese. That's my favorite part.... ok... the pizza is my favorite part. :)

OOooo... I just remembered something. When I lived up north there was this pizza place that made this crust-less pizza thing. It was surpriseingly good but I cannot remember how it was made. Huh... I guess I'll call my sister who still lives up there and have her go check it out for me. :) Maybe I can make it at home if I knew how it was made.

OK... now you've got me on a pizza kick. I've made pizza at home twice over the past month or so and both times I made it differently than I normally would. But both were still really good.

First time I picked up a day-old loaf of french bread from my local grocery store's bakery and used ff cheese, turkery pepperoni, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and black olives. For the sauce I picked up a jar of the low sodium pizza sauce. It was really good and when I figured it out it was only 8 points for 1/4 of the loaf.

A few days later I was looking for something easy to make and decided to make the pizza again. Only this time I was out of the french bread so I made it on a whole wheat tortilla. It was good but not as good because it was really rather soft and I like a crispy crust. I wonder though if maybe I put it on my pizza stone in the oven instead of the microwave if it wouldn't crisp up some. What do ya'll think?

Ok... I just realized my post was mostly about food. :) That means I should probably eat something since it is lunch time. Too bad I don't have stuff in the house to make pizza. :D

Hope you all have a good day!

nancylmrn 07-26-2009 08:47 PM

hey chrissy another way to make a low pts pizza; use one of those low carb flat bread and put it on a cookie sheet and bake it for 5-8 min in the oven (turning once) then top and put back in oven to melt your ff cheese.....I use to do those all the time I don't know why I stopped--silly me!

now I am going to have to go out and get some of the lowcarb/high fiber things (1pt each) and when you figure the sauce 0pt, peppers, onion, tomato 0pts, and then your cheese walaa crispy pizza

Well we ended up not going to the ball game but went to a local pub instead...I was very good, had ice tea and the hummus and pita plate and only ate half. Brought the other half home fo dinner later tonight.

Oh and I spluged on a fitness gift for myself I bought a heart rate monitor that I wear around my chest and it has this watch so I can see if I am getting my heart rate where it should be while I work out and according to the instructions my target zone is between 101-152 and when I did my workout tonight I kept it between 135-150...it was so much fun! As I get fitter i will move my target zones up a bit to push me harder

FatGirlTale 07-26-2009 10:18 PM

I just ate a lot of pizza for dinner. It was delicious, but wrong.

I knew tonight wouldn't be good and the more I tried to be good before dinner, the more I ate. I didn't drink anything though - I was probably just dehydrated.

I am going to a wedding next weekend, so it's not like I can make it up! I needed those flex points!

Ragsy 07-27-2009 09:16 AM

Good morning everyone!!

Although I am down this week.....I had mexican food yesterday (yum) and pizza on Friday (w/cheese)....so I'm sure it will catch up with me in a few days!

Oh well. It's a new day!

I ate ALL of my "weekly points allowance" this week....glad they were there!:^:

Nancy.....went to a pub and had ice tea. I'm impressed. ;) You have more will power than I do! And pizza w/o cheese? I don't think I could do it.....cheese is my favorite!

This is the beginning of my 4th week on ww....my goal this week is to get some exercise! Why is it sooooooo hard to get motivated to get moving?? :?: In my head I know that I will feel so much better if I exercise....but I still can't make myself get up out of bed in the morning to get started! So....that is my goal for this week.....to do some sort of exercise at least 4 times.

Hope everyone has a great week!

nancylmrn 07-27-2009 10:42 AM

Congrats Ragsy on the loss and sticking with ww for the fourth week!

This morning I was rumanging around my bedroom looking for a book to read on the bus and I pulled out my old food journals from last summer when I started with ww. I was looking at what I was eating then vs how I eat now. I must say I eat a lot more healthy now then I did then so if nothing else I have changed my eating habits. I am also more consistant with my exercise

btw ragsy I don't exercise in the am I would have to get up at 3am just to work out and shower before I left the house for work. I work out as soon as I get home from work then cook a lite dinner -- it seems to work for me and I plan on keeping one weekday free of exercise so I can run those after work errands.

stengel150 07-27-2009 11:13 AM

I am back again! I have been in and out for the last 2-3 months mainly reading. I have been through a rough patch health wise and have been put on a high dose of prednisone. With the pred I have gained a few pounds and almost back to where I started. So now I am done even with the prednisone I am determined to at least maintain. I am to be on prednisone for at least 5 more months so I am going to have to curb my eating habits and the fact that I never feel full!
Thank you for allowing me to read all of the posts and hopefully I will become more active and either stay the same or lose a few lbs!
Tracy:carrot:

Ragsy 07-27-2009 11:24 AM

Hi Tracy -

Welcome back! :wave:

I am kind of new here....but trying to get to know people. So....nice to meet you. Having the support of the people here has been great for me....I am sure that it will be for you too.

Hope that you are feeling better. I have heard that prednisone is tough on weight loss....so don't get discouraged. Hang in there and keep leaning on the support here....everyone is GREAT!

LondonJulz 07-27-2009 11:27 AM

hey gals (and guys too if there's any of you here!)

I'm not sure if you all know me or not (I wrote the "Queen of starting over" post a few posts down).

We were gone from home for 2 months due to work and we are just now back home and getting back into a routine.

In that post I mentioned that we didn't have a scale with us on the trip so I was just guessing what my weight was based on what I was when we left and the food that I had eaten thus far on the trip. So, I was guessing I was around 215 because I was at 212 when we left on our trip. Imagine my surprise when I step on the scale this morning (we've been home 2 days now) and the scale read 209.4!!!!!! :carrot: Is that possible after that much travelling and non-exercise and eating out for 2 months?!?

I am SO excited and this was the boost that I needed to get on track and to get motivated!

We are headed back out of town the first part of September and it's my goal to be back under 200 pounds by then. My reward? A facial/pedicure/manicure.

So excited to be back!

nancylmrn 07-27-2009 02:00 PM

wb Tracy! :hug: I know only too well how drugs can play havoc with weight loss and even to maintain! The only suggestion I can offer is what I have had to do my self is to eat more veggies (you should see what I bring to work in gallon ziplock bags) and try to limit your processes foods. It seems to have help me curb my hunger pangs. And the longer I have gone the less likely I am to grab that bread, chip, cracker etc. We are so here for you and hope you post often....good - bad - or ugly

LondonJulz wb too! and that is awesome you had a loss even with your eating out...It sounds like you still made good choices and did not go overboard for any lengh of time.

:dust: for everyone!

katier 07-27-2009 11:21 PM

I am backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

And of off the vacation wagon I have fallen:(

My family and I travelled to Canada for the past ten days. I was worried food wise, but excited because we were going to a shore location (swimming for APs) and near miles and miles of hiking trails, so I figured I would make up for the food. Well...I didn't take into account the 3-4 days of super intense car time at the beginning and end of the trip (lunches from gas stations....so so bad). Thennnn..it rained almost the ENTIRE TIME! And without the outdoors...not much to do. It was a twenty minute drive for a cup of coffee. So I ate so much more than planned from being stuck in the house some days, then when we went stir crazy we'd drive to new areas and eat lunch out etc. I ate poutine twice:( (french fries with gravy).
I have not weighed myself and won't til my weigh in Friday, because why make myself feel bad when it's not a weigh in day. There are bright spots in this mess of WW fail.
1. By the end of the trip I missed normal eating. I felt sluggish from the food but also from the lack of exercise.
2. On Saturday it FINALLY was cloudy with breaks of sun so my dad and I went hiking. It took hours and we figured out at the end it was a six and a half mile hike! I felt so good after I am super excited to return to working out tomorrow.

So there is my sad story, I am hoping for no more than a two pound gain (from my last weigh in weeks ago) when I weigh in Friday. My lapse has sooo made me ready to do things right! Also, great job ladies while I was gone! I've missed the forum!

Arkansas Kel 07-28-2009 02:01 AM

Carp, I have fallen. I may need a do-over. ugh. PMS came - with unreal appetite attached. Planned to eat my turkey sausage snacks and a string cheese on way home from work with a fast food diet coke. Not been a problem before. Ran to Hardees on way home for diet coke. Hardees doesn't tempt me much. Soda carbonation is out. OK. Drove to McDonalds for diet coke and ordered the steak egg and cheese bagel combo. WTH! Did that come out of my mouth! ok, ok, I'll just eat half, no 3/4th, well might as well finish it. It was greasy, beefy, cheesy, chewy perfection.

I was so good for so long, with only the 4th of July off. Then work hit me. A nurse (with bun in the oven - eating for 2) has been on our floor all weekend. She had chinese, and shared. NOOOOOO. I ate only a bite, then again, then again, then again. Lost track. Nibbled my way right off my diet. Then a piece of cake. Yep, big hunk or flowery frosted with a smile birthday cake - of course with a low cal cup of black coffee.

I can't stop! I really can't. Must find my way back. Just finished a chip and dip binge. I've not been doing that. It's like I went into my working weekend all set, and came out wiping the dribbles off my chin.

I don't know if I can reign myself in tomorrow. Being sent to an all day educational thing for work - which includes meals and treats. CARP. The diet demons are out lately.

I'll check back Wednesday, hopefully with myself back on track. SOMEBODY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!!! Throw me a life preserver, at least some arm floaties or a foam noodle!!!!!! mmm noodles.

Ragsy 07-28-2009 09:38 AM

Hi Katier - welcome back from your travels. I am sure that you did better than you think. Just take this week to drink lots of water and get "back on track".....you'll be fine. And...you got a 6.5 mile hike in! :)

Arkansas Kel......you make me laugh. :D I have been having trouble with wanting to eat everything in site too this week! I think that it is so hard when everyone around you is eating all kinds of stuff...especially at work....and you are there trying to be good with your carrots and celery. Ha! Anyway - I hope today goes ok for you....I'll put some dust up here for both of us! :)

:dust:

nancylmrn 07-28-2009 11:33 AM

Oh chickies hang in there! You only fell off the wagon a bit and may have to run a bit to catch up and jump back on (hey the exercise is good).

I am sending you all the positive vibes I can!. I have fallen off so many times this past year I sometimes thinks I do it on purpose so I will never reach my goal but I keep on trying anyway.

:hug: I will check in later

Chrissy1175 07-28-2009 05:33 PM

Good afternoon, Everyone!!! Let me start off by giving out a Big Ol' Group Hug :grouphug:. Seems like more than one of us could use that.

Nancy, how’s the heart rate monitor working for ya? I’ve thought about getting one myself but couldn’t justify the expense right now. Has it helped with your workouts? I too noticed that my eating habits are different this time around. Last time I ate a lot of frozen dinners and bagged salad. This time I’m actually cooking. :dizzy: Strange, isn't it? How we do things differently sometimes.

FatGirlTale, try not to worry TOO much about over indulging this weekend. Some days we just have that. Did you notice that you were one of 4 admitting to eating pizza this past weekend (Nancy, Ragsy, You and Me). We ALL do it sometimes. ;)

Ragsy, CONGRATS on the loss!!! 3.2lb right? That’s great! Try to do the exercise one day at a time. :coach: I have found, personally, that if I take it one day at a time I’m more likely to keep up with it. Is there anyone you might be able work out with some times? That might help too.

Welcome back, Tracy. You know what this means though, right? You’ve made contact, no more lurking allowed. ;) Sorry to hear about the meds, though. Other than the weight gain, are they making you feel better? Did I understand right that you’ll be able to get off them soon? Hopefully you’ll be able to maintain if not lose a bit by the time you get off and then you can hit the ground running.:hug:

LondonJulz, I was wondering where you were. I thought maybe we’d scared ya away. :) Of course if I’d re-read your post I would have remembered that you were still out. Welcome home and way to go on the loss on the road. I think the goal of being under 200 lbs when you leave is a good one. You can do it!!!

Sorry to hear your vacation didn’t go as planned, Katier. But you’re back and I’m glad. We missed you. :D And I’m sure you’ll do better than you think too. I’ll bet that if you look back at what you ate last week and you’ll see you didn’t eat as bad as you might would have if you hadn’t been aware of what you were eating.

ArkansasKel, I must admit your post made me feel bad and good at the same time. I’m sorry that you had a bad weekend at work but it’s so nice to feel like you’re not alone with your temptations. I work with a bunch of men who are ALWAYS bringing junk food into the office and who look at me funny when say “no thanks” to the nice hot donuts and instead eat the banana or apple I brought. Have you tried the No Pudge Brownies? That’s what gets me through my PMS.:hug:

I suppose that I should end my post now. Almost time to call it a day and I just realized how long it was. Sorry 'bout that.... seems I was in a "talking mood" today.

I’m sending out my positive vibes today too. Just remember that we only fail when we fall and don’t get back up.