3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   WW at Home June Jabbering (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/173179-ww-home-june-jabbering.html)

nancylmrn 06-01-2009 10:48 PM

WW at Home June Jabbering

Ok it is a new month and for me a new commitment. I was so lax for so many months that I refused to move my ticker higher. I know I will be back down to my ticker in no time this month ---fingers crossed---

I started to get back in an exercise routine and have recruited my 17 year daughter...so far I am 9 days in a row, dd 6 but that is ok with me

Please post often and keep us all updated on what is going on with your :o ups and :D downs

Leeesa 06-01-2009 11:20 PM

Warning: Copious amounts of whining below....

So I turn 40 next week, PLEGH, I'm not exactly excited at the prospect, however, everyone else around me is!

I'm not sure how I'm going to get through June unscathed and within my daily WW points since every single weekend from now until July consists of some sort of celebratory event, including a 5 day trip to Las Vegas (which I'm very excited about, but also a little worried about how to maintain damage control), two days after I get back from Vegas we are heading to the in-law's cottage on the lake for my dad-in-law's 80th birthday, which coincidentally falls on the same day as my first son. We are there for a week. When we get back we will be having yet another party for my son who is turning 4. It is also my mom's birthday, my older sister's birthday and father's day in there. We like to call it "festivus"

So, that's basically two weeks out of June, shot in terms of regularly schedule exercise (which I rely on heavily) and a routine eating plan. I'm really happy to be doing all this fun stuff but at the same time I'm feeling like I'm going to be in a perpetual state of "ok, time to face the music" what's the damage this week?

I know what to do, I know how to make good choices, I know the only person that puts anything in my mouth is me, and I pledge to do my best to reign things in so that I don't undo months worth of work.

But oooooh, it's going to be TOUGH!!! ARRRRGGGHH!!!

*vent over*

Ok, I feel better now, thanks for listening!!

nancylmrn 06-02-2009 10:19 AM

Leesa I have been there done that LOL :hug:
Last July I turned :p 50! and that was when I decided I needed to really get serious about my health. I was good for about 5 months lost almost 20lb and now have gained back 9 due to my own fault.....I put the food in there, I did not exercise :mad:

Anyway you will get through this month. Just like I will and everyone else, we may not be at our best at times but I am confident we will make progress!

Leeesa 06-02-2009 07:04 PM

Thanks, I hear ya, I recently decided that I should be lighter in my later years (having maintained a very fit 170-175 for the better part of my 20s and 30s), but now I'm striving for 150 because my theory is that as I get older, being lighter will keep me mobile longer which with two young boys I will need this decade!

I'm also coming up on TOM so I'm HUNGRY and cranky, bad mix! Oh boy my wiegh-in on Thursday should be interesting, yikes!

nancylmrn 06-02-2009 08:17 PM

FYI Leesa enjoy TOM while you can--really once it stops all **** breaks lose :joker: You have night sweats you can weight by looking at food you are worse than cranky at times.

I kept a fit 130-135 until 6 years ago, then had to start taking blood pressure meds...and my weight started to go up. Every six months when I went in for a check up I complained about gaining it wasn't until I had gained 40 pounds in two years he finally said gee guess you are gaining weight (duh!) anyway he is no longer my dr. .... and yes I am whining!....so between medication, age, menopause a triple wammy it is a slow battle for me so you hang in there!

determined09 06-02-2009 09:38 PM

I'm new at this and going to go gung ho (at least for the first month)! I hope I can stay as excited about loosing for months to come. I recently started to walk 30 minutes every other day with my dog. I'm also going to start an excersize class during lunch at work. Wish me luck!!

texscrapper 06-03-2009 05:20 PM

Hi everyone :wave: I'm back on the WW wagon again - with DH this time.

I lost LOTS of lbs with WW last year (54 lbs), but I have gained some back (about 20 lbs). I'm ready to finish this out and reach my goal. Hopefully, I can lose another 30 lbs before our trip to Disney World in Dec.

Hope all is well! :hug:

determined09 06-03-2009 09:41 PM

I'm so mad at myself!! I already caved and just started WW on Monday!! I ate so good today. Oatmeal w/blueberries for breakfast, salad w/grilled chicken oil/vinegar dressing and some fruit for lunch, and snacked on veggies througout the day. Why would I then decide that I needed a McDonalds cheeseburger for dinner??!! I went shopping and was frustrated with not being able to find a shirt that fit me right and was tired. I caved and went through the drive-thru!! UGGHHHH:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Leeesa 06-03-2009 10:36 PM

NancyLynn only in my DREAMS could I imagine 135! I think I was that weight maybe in grade 4?? Welcome determined and texscrapper. Determined, don't sweat it, you didn't blow it, use your flex points, I think those burgers are about 12 points each or so (unless you got the teeny tiny one which is 8 points) do some extra activity, drink loads of water and I don't think it will do too much damage (maybe some water weight from the sodium)...

Hello Nurse 06-03-2009 10:46 PM

Hi, I recently started WW at home, and I have some pretty big challenges coming up also. This Friday and Saturday I will be at the Indy car races, in a suite filled with FREE FOOD! I mean, enormous, never ending buffet, binge eater's dream kind of free food. I mean, white chocolate and macadamia nut cookie kind of free food. (mmmmm, cooookies). And remember, this is not only for one race, but two! I have no idea how I will survive!

And, once the terrors of the weekend are over, then I have another feast to look forward to on Monday! The annual nurse's brunch for the school district, this year at a fancy schmancy country club type setting. I anticipate lots of sweet pastries and cheesy quiches. (mmmmmm, cheeeesy).

I can only eat an apple before going in and do my best! I weigh in on Saturdays, so at least I will have a fresh batch of weekly points for Sat. and Mon. Friday I might just eat before I go and ignore the lucious goodies. Wish me luck!

nancylmrn 06-04-2009 12:52 PM

Welcome determined, hellonurse and welcome back texs!

We all know how hard it is to stay focused when there are social events we must and want to attend. I know it has helped me in the past to eat before I go and pack my 'own' snacks and food. I have been known to take baggies full of cherry tomatoes, radishes, a tortilla wrap sandwich using low carb/high fiber tortilla's, dill pickles etc. And you know most times the other foods did not tempt me so bad I felt I had to do more than take a taste.

well yesterday was the first day I skipped my workout I had to work very late and did not get home until 8pm...but today is new day

nancylmrn 06-05-2009 11:25 PM

Well my chickies,
Made it another day ....whoo hooo for me I got a new Leslie Sansone dvd 5 mile something??? anyway did all 5 tonight and boy did that make me huff and puff :carrot:

Then I still had to make some dinner so I broiled some fish with a recipe I found in a ww mag. you use some miso paste, soy, little sugar & ff mayo spread it on the fish--broil about 7 min and dinner is done. It really tasted good!

Ok I will check in with you all later :hug:

Leeesa 06-05-2009 11:33 PM

Good day Nancy, well done! I did a huge run today too and I'm planning a 2 hr mountain bike ride on Sunday which will hopefully mitigate the upcoming disastrous food extravaganza this weekend. I did manage to lose a bit this week (thank god for small miracles!) So I'm pretty happy. One day at time right...???

texscrapper 06-06-2009 01:21 PM

Hi everyone! Well, I managed to pull off a party last night and still stay within my points value for the day :carrot:

I hosted a Girls Night In spa night which was LOTS of fun. Since this was the theme, I tailored the menu to lots of healthy choices. I did have 1 Sangria, but still stayed in the range, so at least I am beginning to remember that it CAN be done! ;) Hope that everyone has a great weekend!

nancylmrn 06-06-2009 07:58 PM

Leesa good job on your loss...a 2 hour bike ride -- darn girl I would keel over and die :hug:

texs that party sounded like so much fun! Please tell more more details! I would love to host something like that for my girlfriends

Well today so far on am on pts but the evening looms...Don't know why WE are such a challenge for me sometimes. Maybe because I don't plan my meals near as close as I do during the week when time management is a must?

But I do plan to walk away those pounds with one of my dvd's think it will be the 4 mile one tonight...then I will figure out some dinner. I have been eyeballing some turkey ham that is in my frig. and pairing it with some steamed brocolli