Old 05-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 240/171.8/150

Height: 5'10"

Hey Guys!
I wanted to share something I have figured out. If you get any regular cake mix and prepare it with applesauce instead of oil and egg beaters instead of eggs and its only 2 points each if you make 24 cupcakes. MMMMMM! So good!!! Well I only lost one pound this week but I hope it picks up this week. I have been skipping breakfast and I need to getback in the habit.
chelley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #17  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

thanks for the tip I am going to use that from now ON!!!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:49 PM   #18  
Work in Progress

Boy I have been so out of touch it seems. I can not seem to get in the routine of journaling my food, or anything

I am screaming for HELP lol
Old 05-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Everyone! I'm back after being away for almost 2 months. I have not done well and I really need to get back on track.

chelley123 - I saw your post on making a cake mix with applesauce and eggbeaters being only 2 points. Is that with or without icing?

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:48 PM   #20  
Work in Progress

well chickies I am gearing up to start anew...but I am going to try and follow the core plan at home. Can any of you give me the guidelines? I have the list and realize it is free of processed foods, that I should eat until satisfied but is there a limit? portion sizes? is that all taken in account?????
Old 05-16-2009, 10:46 PM   #21  
Work in Progress

well today I started by going through my ww cookbooks and low fat cooking ones and compairing recipes with the core list...looks like I am going to be trying some new stuff....but will have to start the new cooking tomorrow after grocery shopping for some of it

I think I will be fine doing core...just have to go easy on the bread and wine LOL but I can do it

How is everyone else doing...you all must have spring fever and out walking hehe
Old 05-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #22  

I am working on getting back on track too. Today I walked 1.5 miles and I'm keeping track of my food. I also tracked my food for tomorrow. I find for myself if I figure out my meals ahead of time it is easier to stay on plan. My goal is to exercise 5 days a week and work hard at staying on plan.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #23  
Work in Progress

ok today I have made chicken chili and it tasted pretty good! so I am going to pack that up for lunch a few days next week. I am also waiting on some lentil and rice pilaf to finish cooking...it has a lot of onion, garlic and ginger in it but the rice does not seem to want to finish cooking...hmmm

now off to find some dinner recipes. I know tonight I am having turkey ham and corn on the cob then watermelon for dessert

tomorrow night be something with chicken breasts but I have lots of recipes for that

tue think dinner will have some type of shrimp in it

beyond that don't know yet
Old 05-18-2009, 09:05 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

I had my "official" weigh in this morning, and lost 2.5 lbs this week. Yay me! Of course that's only a net loss of .5 lbs this month, but at least I'm headed back in the right direction again...
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 240/171.8/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi Guys!
Sorry I haven't been on much lately. Things are crazy at work!! Anyway, good news, I lost 2.6 pounds this week. YAY!!!!!
O2B- The 2 points is 1/24 (! cupcake) without icing. I'm not a fan of icing, WAY too sweet for me On the Lifetime show Cook your self thin she has recipes for low cal icing
Nancy- I think you have the core plan pretty much in a nutshell. I think you just have to use your 35 WA points for anything not on the list.
chelley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #26  
Work in Progress

Great job on the losses chickies!
As for me and the core plan I pretty much blew my flex points this weekend with wine but I am still on track
you know one of the things I hesitated about doing core is that you really could not have bread unless you used your flex points but I found a recipe that made bread with -- would you beleive cream of wheat???---it is a bit dry but tastes really good! unbleivible

I am looking forward to wi on sat. sun we are having a picnic so I know it will be a hard day for me
Old 05-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #27  

Way to go girls on the weight loss! I gained 1.8lbs this past week, but I knew I would be up. I fell by the wayside for awhile, but I'm getting back on track so next week I should be down.

chelley123 I've never watched the show on Lifetime. Does that show have a website you can check out or do you just go to lifetime.com?
Old 05-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #28  
Work in Progress

O2 I did a little digging and found this link to the recipes; I have not really looked close at them yet but plan to in the next day or two

http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/show...f-thin/recipes

So how is everyone else doing?
Old 05-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #29  

nancylmrn - Thanks for the link to the cooking thin show. I'm anxious to check it out.

Today was a beautiful day here in PA. I didn't get up for my walk this morning, but as soon as I got home from work tonight I changed my clothes and went for my walk. My body is still screaming at me, but no pain no gain. Right?!

Have a great evening.

Kathy
Old 05-19-2009, 10:56 PM   #30  
Work in Progress

good for you for walking..I rushed home only to run to the store to pick up odd's and ends did not get home until 7 and to late for me to walk. I have to find some time in the day to work out....I am up at five, leave for work at 5:45 home by 6 (normally) then the dinner thing with the family, shower and bed...help where do I fit in some me time????