3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   Evil Restaurants! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/166554-evil-restaurants.html)

hotcubanmama 03-10-2009 11:39 PM

Evil Restaurants!

Okay, so I went to Friendly's with the kids last Saturday and knew I would eat something with a lot of points. I don't eat meat so I am limited there and got a tuna melt. Well, I just looked up their nutritional values online and it had 830 cal, 54g fat, and only 3g fiber! So that comes to what, 16 points just for a sandwhich?! Thank goodness my free happy ending sundae was only sherbert minus any topping. No wonder why I barely go out....

Good thing I just ordered a new WW set with calc off of ebay today...

Have any of you ever been surprised at the nutritional facts at a restaurant?

tdiprincess 03-11-2009 12:12 AM

Yeah.. Moe's, the southwest food place. Great borritos, but don't EVER eat one in one sitting!! I never could, even before weight loss! There's a reason!!

primaballerina 03-11-2009 01:39 AM

I once had a quiznos sub- the sauce alone was 16 POINTS!!!

Live and Learn! :)

nancylmrn 03-11-2009 05:34 PM

When I first started ww I ordered the dinning out companion then looked up all the resturants in my area....what an eye opener! I could find nothing under 10 pts except a veggie sandwitch at subway!

Since then I rarely go out and when I do we aim for oriental steamed veggies with some plain rice

chelley123 03-12-2009 12:59 PM

I did find out a lot of items that seemed hardless had crazy points!! But I found a lot of things I can eat and stay within points.
Wendy's-Small chili (4) Grilled chicken sandwich on small bun no sauce (4)
Mcdonald's- Grilled BBQ snack wrap (6)
Submarina- 6 inch turkey and bacon (7)
Cracker Barrell - 4 grilled chicken tenders (3) Green beans (1) Carrots (1)
Also many kids meals have reasonable points values
I always wait till I get home and have a SKinny Cow, smart Ones , or Weight Watchers Ice Cream for desert

Gretchy 03-12-2009 01:16 PM

Ugh. I ordered a salad with chicken at Chilis. It was something like 26 points! Insane! I can make a salad with chicken at home for more like 10 points. And that's a huge salad!

nancylmrn 03-12-2009 06:52 PM

With all those points in resturant foods it really makes me wonder how some people it never seems to affect?

hotcubanmama 03-12-2009 11:34 PM

Again why I am foregoing the eating out! I think I have to just smarter and find out the points beforehand....

Maybe I should just learn how to cook.

ChefsGirl 03-31-2009 01:39 PM

Oh I hear ya! I walk into a restaruant an it's usually bye-bye diet!

It's disgusting.......especially the salads. You'd think that you'd be safe ordering a salad but they are so loaded w/ fat these days might as well opt for the burger.

I've actually become quite the cook. I have found that I can get WAY more food if I just make it at home & it usually tastes better too. There have been so many times I've decided to splurge on a meal out & wished I'd have saved those points for something else that tasted better. I think your taste buds change after a while & some restaraunt foods just don't taste as good as they used to.

My new eating out love.........sushi restaraunts. It is really easy to make good choices & the dining out guide gives lots of different options. Sushi is super low in points & very nutritious.

Now the saki bombs.......that's another story :devil:

nancylmrn 03-31-2009 10:39 PM

LOL chefs I love cucumber rolls you can have 12 for only 4pts!...but like you don't get me started on the sake

ChefsGirl 04-02-2009 01:19 PM

Yay sushi is amazing. I just discovered rainbow rolls!! Yummy!!

I keep it simple too tho Nancy, my fave is the good old California roll. I think it's illegal for sushi restraurants not to make those.

Renacer 04-02-2009 01:32 PM

I'm not too adventurous with the Sushi, good to know that I can still eating the California roll and the cucumber because I really like them. I think the sushi take out around my house would be hearing from me more often, thanks!

nancylmrn 04-02-2009 10:44 PM

Wow this has got me thinking I will splurge on some cucumber rolls tomorrow for lunch...yummi

ChefsGirl 04-03-2009 01:29 PM

I know, I'm totally craving a sushi run too :lol: