Old 01-23-2009, 08:43 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 147/142/125

Height: 5'3

So I'm kinda discouraged this week. I weighed myself this morning and Im up a pound! I've really stuck to the plan this week and have been exercising 45 min a night. I dont get it! Does anyone have any tips? I could really use some right now. I have to be really good this weekend because we are going away and are going to have to stop at resturants to eat.. I guess I could eat salads all weekend and maybe some chicken. Ugh today I feel down in the dumps.. The weather probably doesnt help it is freezing rain here this morning and suppose to be really cold all weekend. I need some sun and warm weather!!
butterflywings34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks everyone for your welcome.

I too have been discouraged today. Today was my WI and I was up 1.4lbs. I was so frustrated, but my DH gave me a pep talk and told me I was doing well and to just keep going forward. That helped and I ate on plan UNTIL supper then I had McDonalds. I have been so hungry for junk food that I decided to eat it and get it out of my system. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm going to stay on plan. Since eating that Big Mac I feel like there is a ton of bricks in my stomach and I feel yucky. It just showed me that I feel much better when I eat on plan and eat healthy.

Today I joined WW online. I'm hoping that will help me better track my points and help me figure points for the homemade food.

Need to run. Have a great weekend everyone.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:43 PM   #33  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

OK OK OK well it looks like us chickies are all in the same boat today and last night...for me it is fri night pizza which is now sitting like a brick in my stomach and two glasses of wine. I just could not help it and now it feels baddddd....

but tomorrow is another day I know and now I broke my exercise record I was aiming for 10 days in a row and got 9 oh well.

butterfly....to answer you question that same thing has plagued me since october...I weigh the same now as I did a month ago. I exercise, stick to the plan...tried the wendie version of ww (that helped one week) and still nothing I am happy about. All those that lose 1, 2 4 pounds a week and I either gain or lose .5 pounds only to gain it the following week....did I measure myself to see if that was the issue...yeppers and gained .5 inch in my waist

But...my daughter told my dh tonight I look as if I lost weight so I guess I have to learn to remember the scale is just a tool not the tell all....

ok I am off tonight to finish my guilty glass of wine
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:06 AM   #34  

Height: 5'7"

Hey Kathy - you know you could use some of your weekly points allowance for that big mac, that way you can get your craving out of your system & still stay on plan. If you are craving something, work it into your menu today or tomorrow.

I had an edoscopy today, which was no big deal but MAN was I high all day.
Apparently they had to use alot of demerol on me 'cuz I wouldn't go to sleep. Us big gilrs have high tolerances!! I don't really remember much, my throat is a little sore but that's it.

Still on plan & going strong. Actually saw a new low weight today so I got to move my ticker I was surprised to see the loss b/c I too got into the wine last night Nancy!
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:25 AM   #35  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

GM everyone. I have to get back on here in a little while and catch up on posts. You know how it is with 3 kids in the morning. I need...I want...MOMMY help me do this or that or find this or that. Sometimes I wish that they had a pause button on them. Anyway I weighed in this morning and got a big surprise. I am down 4.4 for the week!! I never thought I'd do that well. I was hoping for a 2 but would have taken a 1 so I am really happy and super motivated now! Well chicks I gotta go. The "need machines" are calling again.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:18 PM   #36  

Awesome job Heather! That's a fantastic loss.

Not much going on around here today. Just hanging out at home w/ the DF. Things are quiet on the home front thank god.

Staying on track, although I started my day w/ a small frozen pizza & a pepsi. 21 points!! Not that great, so I need to focus on good choices the rest of the day.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:43 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

JRCATON - Thank you for the help with tracking these cravings. I didn't realize that I could actually use the extra 35 points for these cravings. Now that I know that I will figure these kind of things in my points.

Today I made chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies for my kids. I did have a peanut butter cookie but I counted the 4 points in my plan today. I have stayed on plan today and have done well.

Heather - Congratulations on your weight loss. You go girl!
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:19 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Ick. Crappy day, food-wise. I was already at 22 pts at noon. It was that bad. I did kind of stop counting. It was mostly emotional/bored eating too. I wish I could think of something to blame it on... Oh well. I will shoot for 18 tomorrow (the lowest I'm supposed to go, I think) and still hope for a decent loss by Monday morning? Sigh. Good luck everyone else!
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:26 PM   #39  

I'm bored. I'm sick of watching TV & we've spent all of our "fun" money already this month on concert tickets for this summer. There's nothing to do. I don't want to clean. I think even my dogs are bored.

I'm having steak, fried potatoes & green beans for din-din. I can hear the DF in the kitchen right now cooking it all. I just ate some celery & PB, Triscuits & a laughing cow wedge. I'm w/in my points & will stay on plan today but I feel like munching & am not making the best choices.

Did I mention I'm bored? Seriously, seriously bored. I hate being broke. I'm used to socializing alot more than this. Maybe we'll go get some movies or something after dinner........

I'm bored.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:33 PM   #40  

Hey Sara I hope you don't mind but I borrowerd your 5lb cheerleader idea. I've got a "dancer" for each 5 lbs I've lost. Because I used to be a dancer before I got so fat!

Is there too much going on in my signature?

Did I mention I'm bored?
Old 01-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 240/171.8/150

Height: 5'10"

Well, I always feel guilty eating out even when I'm within points. It's silly I know! I had Submarina last night and it was SOOOOOOOOOOO good!!!!! Since Wednesday I have been under my points target of 28. Wed was 16, Thursday 22, Friday 26, and today 22 unless I grab a snack before bed. I am not hungry though!! I have been having a Wendy's grilled chicken no sauce on a regular bun (4) and a small chili (4) for lunch everyday and it keeps me full for what seems like FOREVER! This morning my weight was doen 2.5 lbs but my Weigh in day is Monday so hopefully it sticks.
One discovery today was that 1 cup of corn is only 2 points. I am so happy because I LOVE corn, and thought surely somthing so good must be point heavy!
chelley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #42  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Great job on the loss chickies! my wi is tomorrow so keep those toes crossed

oh Jill I have those days where I am soo bored and soo broke and it is so hard not to eat eat eat. That is when I do my best 'window shopping' it helps sometimes.

Today point wise I think I did ok. But I am having wine tonight and not even dipping into my flex points to do it. I worked an 11 hour day and only had time for a 3 pt breakfast and a 1 pt snack...when I finally got home dinner was a 2 quick high fiber english muffins topped with 2 egg beaters so the wine is giving me the points ( I know very bad to drink your points) and this make two nights with no activity pts to counter the food.

chelly...don't stress over eating out, I do enough of that for both of us. But I found if I knew I was going to have to eat out during the week I planned for it and I planned in advance what I would eat not just get someplace and pick something high in pts and low in health

Jill you signature is fine

Well I will check in tomorrow right after wi keep your fingers crossed
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:15 AM   #43  

Good luck at WI Nancy!

DF & I just finished watching a movie. It killed the boredom but I used up 12 of my weekly allowance points in movie snacks! BAD! I ate an entire box of Sour Patch Kids in like 10 minutes.

We watched "Burn After Reading". Anyone else seen it?

Good thing its a new week for me & I have a new weekly allowance to dip into. I have noticed that I lose more when I use all of my daily & weekly points.

I've kind of ate alot of junk today tho, tomorrow a nice big salad for lunch & some fresh fruit & scrambled eggs for breakfast. I'm making "filling foods" chili in the crockpot so dinner will be a no brainer.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:30 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 240/171.8/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone,
I'm kind of frustrated. My mom asked if my son and I wanted to go to the zoo at the last minute. For lunch we wnt to Zaxby's and I thought I was doing Ok by ordering a grilled chicken sandwich and having a few fries in the side. How bad could it be? 25 POINTS!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is my WI and I'm SO pissed cause with dinner I am 5 points over. I have the weekly points to cover it but still it sucks!
chelley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #45  

You're all good Michelle! That's what the weekly allowance is for!

Try drinking some extra water w/ lemon in it tonite to get rid of the extra sodium from the restaurant meal.

DF & I went to see Marley & Me today. We have 2 labs, a chocolate & a black one, that we absolutely adore. That movie!!! OMG!!! I seriously almost left the theater toward the end. I was crying SO hard, I almost made myself sick. It was definately a movie we should've rented & watched at home.

On a more positive note, I reached the 10 lbs lost mark today. Since I started WW on December 20th. I'm pretty excited b/c I don't feel like I've really struggled that much. It's been pretty easy actually.......compared to past attempts.

Well, I'm going to curl up in bed w/ my wondeful furbabies & watch Grey's Anatomy. This week will be my first full week in the office since November & I'm actually looking forward to getting back to some normalcy. Talk to you all soon!