Old 01-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #31  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Jill it is great that you are able to plan out your meals like that...my breakfast and lunch are pretty much the same every day and then when I have to think about dinner ugh...I just can't seem to think that far in advance. I know if I take the time and write down 10 or so favorites and rotate them life would be so simple

I am glad you are doing a bit better with your neck and good luck with wi tomorrow.

Sara, Jill has a good point about a bit of protien in the morning first thing. I eat egg beaters and a slice of canadian bacon and that will last me until snack time at least LOL

Could you all give me some dinner ideas that go between 6-8pts? That is where I am usually pts wise by the end of the day, it also will allow for me to have a 1-3pt snack
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

I've been eating alot of salads for dinner lately, you could make a good caesar for 6-8 pts. I've been throwing 3 chicken breasts in the oven on Monday nights w/ olive oil, oregeno, onion, garlic & fresh ground pepper. Cood on 375 for about 40 min in a baking dish covered w/ tinfoil. This is a good one on exercise days b/c by the time it's done cooking, you're finished working out! Here's how I do my caesar.....

Chicken - 2 pts
1/2 T olive oil - 2 pts
1 T FF Caesar - .5 pts
5 olives - 1 pt
14 g feta - 1 pt
14 g motz - 1 pt
6 croutons - 1 pt
lots & lots of romaine & iceberg
cucumber

I make a seriously big salad out of this & I am stuffed by the time I finish it.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

That is a good point about protein at breakfast. I rarely have any. Yesterday I was a stellar eater - only 12 pts. Yes, I know that's not enough, but when stomach flu hits, it's a little TOO much. ;-) Feeling a little better today, but still not too hot. Hopefully I can be feeling better by tonight. This is the sickest I've been in a lot time. (completely not counting my pregnancies...)
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #34  
Work in Progress

Thank you Jill for the suggestion, I would not have thought to use all the ingredients you did, usually when my DH makes a salad (and he is a huge salad guy) he only uses, romaine, carrots, radish and onion. And for a ceaser he will only use romaine and some croutons. I will pass this on to him since he is the offical maker

Sara glad you are feeling somewhat better. It is hard being sick and caring for little ones I remember those days well

Well last night I did work out again that is three nights this week..whoo hoo and I plan to again tonight and as it stands now if I were not doing the wendie thing my activity points and flex points are equal can't wait for sundays wi

Today food wise will be pretty simple, breakfast my usual, lunch left over pork loin and steamed veggies and tonight TBD...after all it is friday LOL
Old 01-16-2009, 11:39 PM   #35  

Hi everyone. Just checkin' in quick. I was off work & went out of town to visit my grandfather in the nursing home. He seems to be doing okay right now. His condition is terminal but his mind is still very bright so we had a nice visit.

Sorry to hear you are sick Sara, that's been going around my office. No fun!

Nancy you did awesome this week on the workouts! WTG!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:19 AM   #36  

Keep it up, Nancy, you CAN make it through the weekend!

Sorry about your grandfather, Jill, but that's great that his mind is still sharp. That is definitely a blessing! It's really hard when they're not...

I am doing okay. I seem to be mostly recovered, but I can't shake this headache. I might have to take some advil, even on my barely recovered stomach... Going to be careful with my points (and what I eat anyway) today. No exercise; I'm sure you understand.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:44 AM   #37  
Work in Progress

Well Chickies, I am so proud of myself!

workouts 4 this week for a total of 19 activity pts and my arms and thighs are feeling it today LOL so I am going to take a day off and give my body a chance to heal up

Points wise last night I bought one of those kashi veggie pizza's I did eat half of it but the taste was not very good and I don't think I will spend my money on it again

I did weigh myself this morning (tomorrow is official day) and could not believe I am down 4lbs...I have never lost that much in a week. I just hope it says until tomorrow. Even in the last few months when I was working out 5 days a week for 5 weeks I only lost a total of 2.5 pounds that entire time..goodness my body is wierd. Maybe the key for me is to not work out for a few weeks, get real intense then weigh in

Ok I am off to do saturday errands I will check back in tonight
Old 01-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #38  

That is fantastic Nancy! 4 lbs! You must be thrilled.

WI for me was today & I was down 1.6 for the week. I'm happy w/ that as I was WAY off plan yesterday.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better Sara. Make sure you are drinking enough fluids. That may be contributing to your headache. The flu dehydrates you something fierce!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:28 PM   #39  

Yay Nancy! I hope it holds for you!
Thanks Jill. I'm working on it. Feeling much better in many ways, but I think I pushed it too much today with both activity and food types, and my poor tummy is ready for bed...
Old 01-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #40  
Work in Progress

Well Chickies sad to say wi was not as nice this morning, yesterday must have been some kinda fluck
but I am down 1.5 pounds and I will take it....btw I splurged and bought two more cardio/weight dvd's and tried one last night...wow I am feeling it today

I will check in later