Old 11-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #16  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick note, got up this morning and I thought I might be sore from the 25 min on the stepper last night. Well I feel a twich and twinge but not enough to keep me from jumping on again tonight.

spry great to see you back--wine is a killer isn't it? that has to be my one and only downfall so far. I do great as long as it does not enter the house but once a bottle is in view look out there is no stopping me
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #17  

Nancy congrats on working out! LOL At least you did it. I did not so tonight I have to work out 20 minutes since I didnt do my 10 last night. My plan is to do at least 10 minutes of some sort of exercise a day, and if i dont do it then I have to do that 10 the next day. SO Im hoping this will give me the exercise jumpstart that I need. Cause I sure dont wanna end up with having to do like an hour on Friday Unless I really want too! I think I might do a little Walk Away the Pounds tonight.
Spry- Thats a downfall for me too. Hence why I dont keep it in the house. That and coconut flavored rum!
AvsGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 222/222/145

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everyone!! I'm new to 3FC. This is my 4th week on WW. I would like to join in your forum if it' okay.....I need some encouragement. I don't want to quit this time. Four weeks ago, I also began the C25K running program. It is really hard sometimes, but I just tell myself that it's not a choice. I have to eat right and exercise.
It sounds like all of you have some really good ideas.
sleepheight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #19  
cher37

Wow! Great work ladies!!!

Nancy - sure, I'll give you a quick rundown on the other daily requirements:

1. (a minimum) [U]5 svgs fruits & vegs (or 9 if >350lbs)[U]:
- a svg of fruit or vegs is 1/2 cup except for leafy greans which are 1 cup/svg

2. choose whole grain foods whenever possible
- whole wheat/multigrain bread (instead of white bread)
- brown rice (instead of reg white rice)
- whole wheat pasta (instead of reg pasta)
- high fiber/low sugar cereals (ie. all-bran, grape nuts)

3. 2 Milk svgs - already covered

4. drink at least 6 glasses of water each day
- "feel free to count caffeine-free, sugar-free beverages, like cafeine-free tea and sugar-free lemonade - but only for 1/2 of your water intake"

5. Healthy oil
- 2 tsp/day added oil/fats (ie. olive oil, butter, flaxseed oil)
- "for heart-healthy benefits, incl. monosaturated & polyunsaturated fats in your daily diet - from fish, nuts, seeds and veg oils)

6. Get enough Protein
- 1-2 svgs/day (ie. 3oz meat = approx. size of deck of cards)
- "you'll feel more satisified if you get enough protein each day"
- "pick protein rich foods that are lower in fat: lean meat, skinless poultry, fish and eggs"
- Vegans - "high quality veg proteins can be found in soy - stock up on beans, peas & lentils
- Lacto & Ovo-Vegetarians - milk & eggs are great sources of protein

7. Limit added sugar & alcohol
- WW recommends "no more than one alcoholic beverage/day for women (no more than two for men)

8. Take a multi-vitamin-mineral supplement daily

Have fun

P.S. ... & after I finished typing all this - look at the "WW in a nutshell" sticky for more helpful info!!

Last edited by cher37; 11-11-2008 at 03:46 PM. Reason: see P.S. note
Old 11-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #20  

Well I did what I promised and worked out tonight. I said I needed to do at least 20 minutes tonight but set the timer and made myself do 25. And now Im chugging some water, though a beer sounds better
How is everyone else doing tonite?
Old 11-11-2008, 10:53 PM   #21  
Work in Progress

Welcome sleep glad to see you on board! Feel free to post anything and everything LOL we do just ask us

Avs great job on the 25 min!....I missed it tonight but I knew I would, I went to the store on my way home from work-which gets me home really late then cooked dinner...but the good news is I bought a kitchen timer that I can stick to my stepper so I have an accurate way to see how long I work out or make myself workout which I plan on doing tomorrow night --no excuse promise

cher thank you so much for sharing the guidelines with me. It will help me make better food choices as I go forward and learn new habits for life
Old 11-12-2008, 12:09 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 206/206/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hi I just joined this group today and am looking forward to getting on board with you nice ladies, to give and recieve support. I weigh more than I ever have in my life and the scale isn't going to budge on it's own. I know that the WW program is real food with portion control combined with exercise and I know that that works. I'll be sitting down and making a grocery list tomorrow and making the free soup that they recommend. I did WW a few years back and lost 40 pounds, but have since gained it all back, plus 20 pounds (YIKES) after a death in my family. I am ready emotionally now to get back into taking better care of my health.
I haven't set up a fit day account yet but will start setting that up tomorrow as well. Keeping track on my food imput is really an important componant of the weight loss process for me because I am more likely to stick with it if I budget my calories from meal to meal.
I just read where someone said that they were doing the walk away the pounds video....I just got one at a resale shop and haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I am interested in trying it out and seeing what that will do. With the colder weather coming on, I will be glad to have some good exercise to do inside.
I look forward to getting to know you all better! Thanks, Deenie

Last edited by 2befit; 11-12-2008 at 12:10 AM. Reason: misspelled word
2befit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:09 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone! Hope all is well this week. I have a nasty sinus infection so that has slowed me down a bit, but it's finally getting better. I am off to the doctor this morning for blood work to check my PCOS and recheck my thyroid. It's a fasting test so I know I'll be starving afterwards - but I am going armed with snacks so that I won't pull into the nearest drive thru. What a fun day!

Also wanted to tell you guys about a food find - The Swiss Miss Diet Hot Cocoa mix (Sensible Sweets) is 0 points and counts for 1 milk serving! I found it at the grocery store and I'm going to try it tonight - I'll let you know how it tastes.

Nancy - WTG on the exercise! WOW 25 minutes on the stair stepper - I'm impressed - 5 minutes usually kicks my tail!

Avs - glad everything is going well!

2befit - I do Walk Away the Pounds and LOVE it! The 1 mile is a great start off point - the steps are all very easy to follow, unlike some programs that I have been trying!

spryng - hope that you are well!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 222/222/145

Height: 5' 8"

Hi and thanks so much for the welcome!!

I do the C25K on MWF, so yesterday I attempted to do some upper body exercise. So yesterday, I did 25 crunches and I did the W1D1 on the 100 push ups program on the lowest level, of course. I hate push ups and have to do the ones that allows you to use your knees to be able to do just one. I am really sore today, but am really impressed that I even attempted them.

It's been really rather difficult fitting in the exercise and hard to stick with my points this week. My babies have both been sick and very needy. I'm an emotional eater, so stress does not do well for me. What do you guys do to avoid eating everything in the house when you get upset??

Nancy: 25 minutes is amazing! Way to go!
2befit: I'm new too! Hope you find this forum as welcoming and helpful as I do!
Tex: Hope you feel better soon! My 18 month old also has a sinus infection~Yuck!
Avs: Good job pushing yourself and going past the 20 minutes!! I know that makes you feel really good!

Hope everyone has a great day! Keep up the great work!!
sleepheight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:51 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 206/206/140

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks for the welcome Sleepheight. I am ready to get going with the plan today. I just have to be mindful of my eating and make sure that I have good real foods on hand and get the junk out. Today I am going through the cupboards and dumping the temptations.
I hope that everyone has a good day! ~Deenie
2befit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:27 AM   #26  

Hey everyone! Thanks for the words of encouragement .

Deenie - I use Walk Away the Pounds because I think its a no brainer. Depending on which video you get its a great workout and you dont need to worry about if you are getting the steps correctly. You really cant mess it up and you can always boost the intensity. I have a problem with lots of other videos cause it seems Im always worried about getting the complicated steps correctly that I lose concentration on what I really should be doing. Let me know how you like it. I like getting the videos which have anywhere from 1-5 miles on it so you have a variety.
Nancy - Cool you bought a timer. I found it sorta helpful and motivating last night. Even though I really only need to do at least 10 tonight I might set it for 25. Course that depends on how I feel after I get home from work tonight.
Everyone else Welcome and Hope you all feel better. I hate being sick especially when you just start your weight lose journey and have all that motviation and then you cant exercise.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:20 PM   #27  
Work in Progress

2B welcome glad you are here, setting up an account on fitday is a great idea. It really is important to set up some type of food journal. But found I could calculate my calories etc on there but then I would have to convert everythingt to points so I just swtiched to paper tracker that I found online. I print it off each wi day it has my points for each day above each column a place for me to write in my foods and points. I also added on it some of my fav foods and the point value for quick ref and my starting weight at the begining of each week then carry it with me from the time I get up to the time I go to bed. Anyway that works for me

texs good luck on the lab work and great find on the swiss miss, I will have to hunt for some next shopping day! Of course I will have to hide it from my kiddies they will drink it all if I don't

sleep great job on the upper body work, I know it is hard. Being an emotional eater does take a bit of preperation so you dont eat the paint off the walls. A suggestion is keep 0 and 1 pt snacks handy at all times! Put them in easy to carry bags, store them in your purse, refrig, cabinets, bedroom in other words plant them around the house. It really is helpful when they are right there when you have the need to grab...I keep popcorn (already popped, pickles, fiber one bars, apples, grapes, the usual 0 pt veggies, celery, carrots etc. all ready to go at a moments notice. it seems to help me

Avs I am so sore today from those 25 min LOL but I am determined to get back on tonight we will do this together I just know it.

Let me ask all of you what are some of your best dinner meals? I am getting in a rut and need something new
Old 11-12-2008, 04:35 PM   #28  
Living4him

I have been exploring this site today, and was surprised to find out how much weight I have gained since the last time I was here, 40 pounds! I'm wanting to get down to business. I have lost on WW before, and it's time to do it again.

I like Leslies' WATP videos. I do one fairly regularly. I have to do it in segments because I have MS. but I feel this is way better than doing nothing. I was just looking At Fit Day. I have to agree with Nancy, I think I would rather just journal on paper unless I switched to calorie counting which seems like a whole lot more work.

It was nice reading and getting to know all of you. I hope to give support as well as receive it.

Hugs
Peggy

Last edited by Living4him; 11-12-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:42 PM   #29  
Work in Progress

Welcome Peggy glad you joined in. As you can see at least by my post I just pipe in and say whatever comes to mind how you will too. We are all here for support through the good, bad and the ugly LOL

Well tonight so far I have stayed op but here is the funny....the stepper I used on monday ...well I got on it tonight with high aspirations of repeating that 25min but it was squeeking and making so much noise that you would have thought I was killing a dog. Anyway half a can of WD40 did not help so I had to borrow my daughters mini trampoline and use it. Which I managed to get in 30 min of cardio so that was bad. My thighs are talking to me though and I am sure tomorrow I will walk with a limp

the joys of starting the exercise programs
Old 11-12-2008, 11:17 PM   #30  

Glad to hear you worked out tonite Nancy even with an squeaky obstacle! I too am cool like you and did the WATP 2 mile video so it was almost 30 minutes. We rock!!
And Im so part of the Talking Thighs Club tonight! I think they are saying what is all this movement about!!

Welcome Peggy!

Last edited by AvsGirly; 11-12-2008 at 11:19 PM.