Old 10-28-2008, 11:44 AM   #16  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Oh my texs I am going to try that tonight for dinner! I have some left over shrimp I need to use up, I always have the broth and choice ramon here at the house. I am going to omit mushrooms but add some cabbage and onion it should work out about the same yummy!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #17  
cher37

Congratulations SALLY!!!!

Way to Go!!

... Any tips .... are you on Core or Flex?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #18  
Work in Progress

Well I ended up buying this bag of mini candy bars last night but I am keeping them in my garage until 'the day' of treaters.

Today is my shp day and I hope not to be tempted to open that bag. I thnk I can resisit if I plan my food better
Old 10-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #19  

Hi, ladies. I've just started the online program, I'm five three staring weight 156 pounds, want to lose 30-40 pounds. I've had success with WW flex before, but never stuck wth it for long enough. I am allowed 22-26 pts depending on activity level. Nice to meet you all.
Amie
jazzmegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi Amie Welcome to our gang! Good luck with your weight loss! We're always here if you need support!

SXU - on the loss - WTG!

Spryng - Hope you're warming up! It is 45-55 degrees in the early mornings here (before the sun comes up), and I am FREEZING! I don't know how you cold weather gals manage!

Nancy - Read you other post on the main page - and I can sympathize! Hope you managed better today!

Well, yesterday was terribe for me point wise - I was RAVENOUS all day long. Nothing I ate filled me up - and boy did I eat. I decided to switch my plan up a bit so I am doing a lower point day today in order to compensate. Whew - that has never happend to me before, so I don't know what to make of it!

Today was a better OP day - I had a bigger lunch out with friends, but still have 8 points til bedtime. Wenever I go out at lunch I always eat a light supper since I'm usually not as hungry. I'm hoping that lowering my points today and continuing back OP tomorrow will all work out for WI on Friday.

Well, thats all for now - I will post my menu for today on the menu thread - hope you all have a great day!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:49 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Afternoon all!
Sorry I didn't get back on last night, I had a family crisis that stressed me out to the max. And I wanted to binge today to feel better and my dh even offered to go get me whatever I wanted but then I thought and thought about it and said no, I ended up with a roast beef sandwich from subway (5 pts) and a pkg of apple slices (0 pts) and that did the trick I was very proud of myself because a large fry and chocolate shake and big mac was screaming my name, lol..

Tex, yep we are nice and cozy now that the gas is back on no more freezing mornings for me. I'm really cold natured so I'm glad to be warm again, lol I haven't had a ravenous day yet on ww but I know it's coming, you did good by switching your days! ww is so flexible that way

Welcome Amie! I hope you feel at home here and please post often! We offer great support

Nancy, just remember to not deny yourself too much or it could lead to a binge. Maybe you can just have one after dinner or something to curb that craving But hold strong! this week is almost over!!

Well, tonight I'm planning on having pork chops... have no idea how I'm preparing them yet, lol.. or what sides I'm having.. I need to be one of those people that plan entire menus out for the week but I'm not, lol.. I always plan at the last minute, sometimes while I'm cooking, lol.. so you never know what you'll get from me, lol
ok, I'm off here for now. Have a great evening all!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:31 PM   #22  
Work in Progress

Welcome Amie new faces always welcome

Well today like I said is my shp day and all I have been able to so far eat is 16pts and I have up to 35! talk about a switcher roo form yesterday.

If I don't make my points today I will continue on with the plan and not worry about it. I have come to realize and maybe texs you can back this up...there are days when we have to be flexible and eat when we are craving but still be mindful of the 'weekly' points not the daily and move on...does that make sense?

anyway these past few days I may be overdoing my activities -- I am feeling more discomfort from surgery than I did the first week. so I am vowing to slow down and rest each afternoon until my 3 week check up a week from friday. But I am still going to stay op I look at it as my own personal goal to keep with it during the bad and when the good hits it will be a piece of cake!
Old 10-30-2008, 10:05 AM   #23  

Well, I am almost 4 months into WW and I have just begun to venture outside of my "comfort zone" as far as recipes. I have been pulling recipes from "healthy" magazines and WW cookbooks and trying them. Surprisingly I am finding that I like LOTS of the new stuff I am trying - and so does my family - who would have thought?

Anyway, I have also realized that I do much better when I post my menu on line. I feel so accountable to eat what I have posted - especially when I'm home all day and there is the chance of boredom eating

Tomorrow is my WI day and I'm hoping that I didn't mess myself up too badly on Tues when I was starving. I did not make good choices the second half the day - unless Recees Peanut Butter cups have become a food group

Is anyone else trying out new recipes? If so, what sites do you browse to find things to cook/eat?

I am making 2 recipes today that I found in a WW cookbook - One is Smokey Black Bean Soup, the other Jamacian POrk tenderloin. I will post the results later!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 10-30-2008, 06:51 PM   #24  

Evening all!

Tex I wish I'd try more new recipes but my kids are so darn picky and there is nothing harder on me than going out of my way to make something new and they won't even try it because they "think" it looks weird etc.. drives me nuts. But I LOVE all foods and I love to try new things etc... I really would like to learn to make sushi at home... Good luck on your wi tomorrow! Mine is tomorrow too. Tom has been visiting all week so I'm having a "fat" week where I just feel bigger.. so I'm hoping to see a loss, keep your fingers crossed!

Nancy, I completely agree with you about those kind of days. If you don't give in to some cravings you start feeling deprived and that leads to rebellion and binging, lol.. at least for me anyway. So if I'm wanting chocolate and I can't get past the craving I give myself a couple dark chocolate doves or something.. but I haven't really been dealing with it so far, but this is only my 4th week OP. I expect lots of up and downs and the months go by

Anyone watch oprah today? she is doing the show on the Biggest Loser, showing how those who lost all their weight on the show are keeping it off now etc, it's really motivating! I wish they'd let me on the show, lol..
Well I hope everyone is having a great day OP! I'll check back in later
Old 10-31-2008, 07:47 AM   #25  

Good news!!! I'm so excited, down 1.4 lbs this week, yipee!!! and I retook my measurements, here are my 6 week results
arms I lost 1 inch
thighs 2 inches off both!
and here's the best one, WAIST 4 1/2 inches total lost!!!!! WOO-HOO!!! I'm so thrilled about those numbers! I have to contribute most of those inches to the Step Diet, I didn't do the diet plan but I did their walking plan for over 4 weeks during the time I was losing those inches..
ok there's my stats for today, I need to go update my ticker, let's have a great OP day everyone! )
Old 10-31-2008, 08:11 AM   #26  

Happy Halloween everyone! My three boys are so excited today - thank goodness the little ones are in nursery school - I may have a shot at finishing thier costumes. My oldest is going to be a scarecrow and the twins will be crows - I can't wait to take pics of them!

Well, WI was this morning and I am down 3.8 lbs! Guess I just needed to get that one day out of my system this week!

Spryng - WTG on the inches lost and weight dropped! I always measure myself on the 1st of the month and record so I am looking forward to that to - never thought I'd say that

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 10-31-2008, 11:01 PM   #27  
Work in Progress

CONGRATS TO SPRY & TEXS! you both should pat yourself on the back or better yet pat yourself for me LOL

Yesterday was a crazy crazy day. My mom called me, she had tripped and fell on a sidewalk and I had to take her to ER..well 7 hrs later she has multiple fractures of her nose and feeling pretty yukki. I was not able to really stay op. When I got home at 9:00pm I was so hungry I just chowed down on anything that did not bite me back. I don't think I will have a loss this week

Then today I did pretty good but I am afraid when WI comes around Sunday I will not be as successful as you both but there is always next week LOL

Well the treaters are coming in waves here so I am going to jump off and answer the door so DH does not have to do all the work
Old 11-01-2008, 01:34 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'0''

Hi ladies!

Sorry, I've been awfully quiet this week! Nancymlrn, I'm sorry to hear about your mom's fall! But I'm glad that she only injured her nose, as opposed to her hip or something like that. I wish her a speedy recovery!

It's been a pretty good food week. I've eaten within my points everyday this week and gotten exercise in 5 days! YIPPEE! I bought a new WW cookbook today - the one about takeout food (different cuisines - Mexican, Chinese, Thai, etc.) and I'm looking forward to cooking some of those options this week. I love Mexican and Chinese!

I noticed that the days that it's hardest for me to eat on plan are the days when my friends want to go out to lunch. I ate 19 points at lunch on Tuesday! I was still able to salvage the day and eat within my points for dinner after getting in an hours worth of exercise. After that, I declined going out to eat with them for the rest of the week!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Cassie
ZetaMD2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #29  

Morning all

well last night went well. The kids had a blast! This was Lilly's (my 2 yo) first halloween to actually go to doors. Last year she just stayed in the stroller and ate m&m's and was perfectly happy, lol.. but this year she was tricker trickin (As she called it, lol) We went for about 2 hrs so it was good exercise as well.

Cassie, that is so great that even with eating out and having a high pt meal you still managed to stay within your pts for the week! And congrats on the exercise! I also work out 5x's a week. When I did ww a few years ago I didn't work out at all. I was so lazy, lol. But I lost all my weight but even at my goal weight I was a size larger than I should have been and i know that was due to not working out. So this time around, even if it slows my weightloss I'm determined to work out 5x's a week so that I can tone along with losing fat and I think with the inches I lost that is happening most days I just get on my treadmill but some days I do The Firm. What have you been doing?

Nancy, so sorry about your mom!! How do they correct fractures in the face? that sounds so painful! you may still have a decent wi like Tex did, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for ya

Tex 3.8 lbs is AMAZING! maybe your body needed you to jump start it. I know that like on atkins if I stuck to the plan 100% my weight loss would stall etc after a few weeks but if I just went crazy one day eating carbs etc it would shock my body and the weight loss would jump start again. Sometimes you just have to fool your body, lol.. but whatever you did it worked!! Congrats!

Well the kids were being noisy this morning and woke me up, we didn't get in bed until well after midnight so I'm dragging here. Probably should make some coffee to wake me up, lol.. I'll check back in later!
Old 11-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #30  
Work in Progress

Thanks all for the notes on my mom, it gave me quite a scare
Today is actually a good day, had to go into the office for a few hours but the reward was I went to breakfast with business partner. We go to a restaurant that will sub egg beaters for eggs and I get tomato slices instead of hashbrowns, then because I do well there I indulge with a slice of toast and jam so it was easy to stay within my points

it sounds like all the kiddies had a great time with halloween, I remember it was always the best fun growing up, because you knew christmas was right around the corner