Old 10-05-2008, 10:56 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Cool At Home support Oct 5-11 Tricks to motivate

Well I am starting another week and thought with my recent ZERO loss lol--again I would ask you how do you stay motivated during those weeks when you know you have stayed at or below your points, walked, moved or did not just sit on the couch all day and on weigh in day have lost not even an ounce? this happened to me three weeks in a row until last week when I finally dropped 4 pounds, -- now this week I am stalled again....wow this was a whining post

oh well you get my drift?
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:28 AM   #2  
I want the fully monty..

S/C/G: 240/check ticker/170

Height: 6ft

When I stalled I hid the scale for an entire month. You can't let the scale determine your mood.
xdominic89x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

I know I should not let the scale rule me but I have only been doing ww for 6 weeks and to have stalled so soon into the problem grrrr.

Anyway I looked into the 'wendy' plan I am going to give it a go for a week or two and see what happens.

I am still motivated to watch my points just can't seem to turn the corner on the exercise thing..even brought tennies to work to walk briskly at lunch lol only made it out once but today is another day
Old 10-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/150/125

Height: 5' 6"

what is the 'wendy' plan?
time2shine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/198/150

Height: 5'6"

I have not posted too much but need to admit that I need a swift kick in the rear.

This week will be especially difficult since Wed is my bday. I have 2 people taking me to lunch on 2 different days (Jason's Deli and Panera). i will have to do some research for healthy choices there. Wed night we are going to inlaws for dinner. I don't know what she is making other than brownies for dessert.

I need to do more planning that is for sure. When I have to grab things in a hurry they are not the healthiest choices. I get tired of heating up stuff at work so am going to concentrate on cold lunches. I thawed out some lowfat turkey smoked sausage and will have that.
LorettaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

I need to get back in gear too. I have been SO lazy the last two weeks and haven't lost any. I also started my period yesterday and have been an emotional wreck. Good thing there isn't much "junk" in the house, or I would have eaten it all by now. I'm still not eating my points though, so I need to get my will power back! This is definitely not a stopping place...
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

I have not been sticking to my points this past weekend but I did manage to get some workouts in. It's funny they balanced each other out...I didn't gain but I didn't lose either. I think that I might need to just focus on one day at a time for awhile?
Jo7475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:40 AM   #8  

Me again. I didn't do too badly on Monday. I get 22 points and ate 25.

I have noticed that avoiding sugar has been making me feel better. Less tired and more energy.

Good luck!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone - it must be an off week for most of us! After being out of town and eating out 100% of the time, I can't seem to get my mind back into points mode! I am trying to get into it today so we'll see what happens!

Nancy - I do the "wendie" plan. I started it when I started weight watchers and have constantly lost (when I'm on plan) each week. There have been 2 weeks of a 1 lb gain, but I wasn't counting points. I have lost 38 lbs in 2 months by sticking with the Wendie plan. I do find that "tricking" my body by using different point levels each day really works. Also, don't be scared of the super high and super low days. I am never starving on the low day like I though I would be! Also, make sure to schedule your days so that your weigh in is either the day before your Super High Day or the day afer your super low day!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:11 PM   #10  
Work in Progress

Thank you for the advice Texas on the wendy plan. My weigh in days are Sunday mornings and my super high day is Wed and my super low day is Thur and Sundays so maybe I should switch my low day to Saturday and do reg day on Sunday? what do you think?

time go to the main ww forum and serch the threads for information on wendy plan. It was great information.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #11  
Wishing...

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5' 8"

Default Getting back in gear!

Hey all!
I was doing so good my first week which wouldve been 2 weeks ago on the sept. 22 but then that weekend I went home with my boyfriend to his parents house and I didnt care what I was eating! How bad is that? His mother made all homemade meals which consisted of meatballs, mashed potatoes, gravy, french toast, eggs, sausage, grilled chx, and salads! She also made goodies, my weakness! After that weekend I fell off the page! Now this week I'm doing ok once again but that is only because I can hardly eat due to a sinus infection. Where do you find the time to cook healthy meals and plan them? Have any suggestions as to what food I keep in my house or things I should get rid of to keep me on track?

thanks so much,
Nicole
Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #12  

I might have to check out the wendie plan as well because I have lost the same 10# for several months. Of course, i wasn't sticking to the plan very well.

However, i read a post yesterday..I wish I could remember her name to give credit. Anyway..She said that Eating healthy is NOT an option it is simply one of the things that I must do as a responsible adult.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #13  
Work in Progress

Planning meals is not to hard for me. As I look at the ww recipes I pick which ones I want to try, which ones are portable for lunchs and breakfasts. Then I keep a list of those that were 1. quick and easy to make, 2. the family will eat, 3. are easy to reheat for lunch.
Then on my food log I keep that list handy along with points for places I frequent ie. the sushi place for cucumber rolls (12 rolls 4pts) subway (veggie sand. no mayo 4 pt) etc. so I always have something handy to reference
Old 10-07-2008, 03:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Nancy - I think as long as your Super High Day is not the day before your weigh in you'll be ok. My weigh in follows a "regular day", and my SHD is mid week (also Wed). Just be sure that if you follow this plan to continue following the 8 healthy guidelines. I have learned that it is easy to go overboard on your SHD, so just keep it in check!

Nicole - I would get rid of things that are "trigger" foods - you know, the thing you could sit and eat the entire oack of before you realize it! For me that is black olives (I could eat the can!) and pumpkin shaped candy corn Food staples in my house are different varieties of lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, Yoplait fat free yogurt, Mission Carb Control tortillas, weight watchers string cheese, black beans, and deli sliced sandwich meat. I can usually piece together decent lunches from these items. Also check out the Green lite Bites website - she has awesome recipes!

Loretta - Supposedly, the Wendie plan is to help your body not to plateau as much. It may be worth a shot for a week or 2 to see if it works for you!

I strated a seperate post in case anyone is interested in posting our food logs for the day - this may help with accountability and menu planning for everyone. I always check out the Flex board to see what some of them are eating just to get different ideas. I will post my food tonight once I figure out what our "sides" will be!

Hope everyone is havig a great day!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:00 PM   #15  
Work in Progress

thanks texas, but since I have not been to a ww meeting I am not sure what the 8 heathly guidlines are could you fill me in? I like to think I am eating healthy, most of my diet is fruit, veggie, a little protien, and some bread or pasta