Old 09-08-2008, 10:38 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default At home support 9/8-9/14 tell me what is on your mind

Well I thought I would start the next weeks thread. I know we all started putting in our daily food intake which is really cool. I like to see what everyone else is eating.

Do any of you have a favorite good ole stand by? You know the meal that you don't have to think about and you tend to keep all the ingredients in the house but has low points and is filling? LOL is there such a meal?

I am always looking for quick, easy and filling meals that won't eat up all my points in one sitting. (5-6pt or less).

Can't wait to compare notes
For something quick I will bake a potato and then have a quick green salad. But I found that recipe for mini meatloaves on the forum and loved those too.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

before game nights I have whole wheat pasta w/garlic and herb tomato sauce and a piece of texas toast for 6 points. Very filling and it takes care of my pasta craving.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #3  

Height: 4' 10"

I haven't been doing this that long, so I'm still into the basic WW veggie soup. I make a pot every weekend and have it for either lunch or dinner to help get my veggie servings in. I've never been much of a raw veggie eater, so this is helping me (obviously I didn't get this way by eating vegetables, LOL). Sometimes I'll just have a cup of soup with a turkey sandwich. I don't always mind eating the same things over and over. Plus it's one of the few things I can eat and not be hungry shortly afterwards.

~Dolly
DollyLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

My standyby meal is a Mission tortilla with 2 (thin) slices of deli ham - it's 2 points and I can grab it quick! - Sometime I add a laughing cow cheese wedge (spread on tortilla) for a 3 pt total meal.

I tend to eat 6 "mini meals" a day - I find that it keeps me full all day long!

Also, one of my favorite blogs that I have discovered is "Green Lite Bites" - google it! It's written by a fellow WW, and she has delicious recipes and ideas!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

I popped in to check to make sure that the new thread got started and it's full of new faces! Sounds like you girls are doing great!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/150/125

Height: 5' 6"

Hello all! My favorite stand-by meal is cereal... I know it's more of a breakfast item, but I LOVE it, I could seriously eat it all day. Raisin bran cereal with skim milk=3 points. Staying on points is a challenge lately, I find I am ok until 6pm, then I just get lazy and stop writting down what I am eating and somehow trick myself into thinking certain points "dont count". Messed up I know. I can't wait to weigh myself, I am waiting for the bf to come home for that... 9 more days!! I am honestly not expecting a huge loss considering alot of the time was spent at my parents which was a total nightmare diet wise. I am just hoping I didn't gain too much. I have been running for 30mins every morning and walking every evening for 30mins for the past week also, hopefully that helps. Anyways, I will stop my babbling now... hope everyone is have a good day thus far
time2shine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:57 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

This is so great with the ideas
Tonight I made the mexi cassorole, but instead of chicken I used the tvp and added extra veggies. Don't really know what the pts are but I am guessing around 2 or 3, I wrote 3 in my journal. I know it is not a go to staple but it made enough for me to eat for the next 3 days+ so I figure one pan...lasts a few days....less cooking for me....I can live with that
Old 09-09-2008, 01:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

Hello,

My stand by meal usually involves a can of Rosarita 98% Fat Free Spicy Refried Beans which has a lot of fiber so it fills me up. A can will make several meals as you can have 1/2 cup for 2 points. I like to make a bean dip or bean burritos.

Today was a good day!

Last edited by Jo7475; 09-09-2008 at 01:01 AM. Reason: spelling error
Jo7475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:50 AM   #9  

Hows everyone doing today? I will post my food for yesterday since I didin't get back here to do it!

I worked yesterday and didn't get all of my water in - I felt so sluggish yesterday - I wonder if that was why!

B - 1/2 c cottage cheese (2) and Fiber One Bar (2)
S - 1 c cheerios (2)
L - Ham (1) on wheat bread (1) w/mayo (1) and mustard, spinach & mushroom salad w/oil and vingegar dressing (2) and WW string cheee (1)
S - Fiber One Bar - 2
D - 1.5 c Jambalya (5) w/ 2 oz sausage (3), 3 chicken nuggets (3), 1 c grapes (1)
S - 1 piece chocolate - (2)
Old 09-09-2008, 08:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Hi - sorry I'm been MIA. My computer died (with a little help from us trying to replace its hard drive) and we had to get a new one. Doing okay. Had a rough WW week last week, especially since it started with Dutch oven goodness on Labor Day. Yesterday the scale said I was up 1.5 lbs! But after one day very "on-plan" it says I lost almost a lb since last Monday. Hmm. Very dedicated to keeping with it this week! My sister's wedding is coming up! Can I just say it feels great to have at least lost like 10 lbs, and to fit very comfortably to the clothes I was squeezing into before? Yay.
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #11  

DH and I started yesterday on WW. We studied our At-Home kit all weekend and took our calculator to the store with us. Yesterday I made some 1 point soup which tastes wonderful BTW! I think almost every veggie is in it!

I don't know how many points he consumed but I had 14.5.

I discovered that fiber is very filling! I had some Fiber One cereal for breakfast and for lunch I had a 100% whole wheat pita with tomatoes, lettuce and three slices of chopped bacon with 1 tsp. mayo. I never felt hungry all day!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

ctrsara - I'm so happy that you were able to get a new computer! I have enjoyed reading your postings and seeing your progress.

texscrapper - Just curious...what is your favorite Fiber One bar flavor?

Hope that everyone has a great day! I'll check in later.
Jo7475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:58 PM   #13  

ctsara - Welcome Back!

Tippy - WTG on starting your WW plan - DH is also "on" WW, but I don't worry about his points ... anymore. I was figuring them for him, but that drove me crazy so he's on his own now!

Jo - I love the Oats & Chocolate bars. I was a little hesitant about eating one, but they are great! I normally only have 1 every couple of days, but I needed a snack in the car and I had one in my purse! I figured that was better the "drive thru" anything!

I think I'm making burgers and baked fries for dinner tonight - my 3 boys have been requesting that for a few days!

I had "brown bag popcorn" for a snack today - 1 pt and it was Yummy!
Old 09-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #14  
Work in Progress

Today will be pretty much like yesterday
b 2 breakfast burritos 4pt
s celery, radish, tomato with ff dressing 1
l 1c brown rice, stir fry veggies 4
d mexi cassorole 4-6 depending on how hungry I am

I am getting to the point I need some variety, usually about week three (where I am now) things start to bore me and that is when I slip up and binge either on food or alcohol both will do me no good

How do you handle this rough spot in the road?
Old 09-09-2008, 04:25 PM   #15  

Nancy - I have always been the same way; however, I have been on WW for 10 weeks and haven't gone off (completely) yet! I say that because there have been a few days during a week or so that I go overboard or fogot to count my points - but I didn't stop completely!

The key for me was to not change our normal, favorite, everday family meals. I have been substituting FF or lowfat ingredients instead of the full fat varieties. For me, the key has been portion control. By dinner time, I tend to have about 10-12 points left, so I feel ok about having "regular" dinner with my family!