Old 08-23-2008, 08:16 AM   #1  

Default OMG 63 points in a day....

I had to drive to RI last night on the spur of the moment so hubby and I ate fast food.... something I never do.... and I was starving.... so we stopped at taco bell and then had KFC for dinner.... OMG
I just ran what I ate through the nutritional thing on each website and ran it through my points counter....

27 points at KFC
22 points at Taco bell
then the 13 points I had eaten that day already

Can you even imagine....

oh well not gonna feel guilty I knew it would be high..... just moving on.....

but can you imagine eating that every day??
s
36Paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:26 AM   #2  
Hatchling

S/C/G: 160/146/122

Height: 5'2"

I'm a UK WWer and I had that amount *at least* on 2 days last weekend. I did extra exercise (50 min brisk walk), cut back by 4 points for 3 days and lost 1/2lb this week.

It's amazing how those points add up, and no wonder how we came to be overweight in the first place.

I just wanted to give you hope that it can be done, you can lose if you do some extra & cut back

Was it good tho

Lou

Edit to say: just read that you weren't asking for advice and that you've drawn a line and not feeling guilty. Must learn not to skim read and always think people want to hear my 2 cents worth!

Last edited by x louise x; 08-23-2008 at 08:28 AM.
x louise x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:28 AM   #3  

oh thanks

I know its not the end of the world, just get right back on track today.... and ya know what

it wasn't that good..... If I were going to eat that many points.... I would have prefered real food.... perhaps a good green cobb salad or italian food or something....

not fake cheese with must on top of some nachos lolol

oh well it is what it is
thanks for the encouragement though
s
36Paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:55 PM   #4  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Unfortunately, it's alllll too easy for me to imagine that! I am on WW for the second time and I never fail to be surprised at how quickly those points can add up. If I don't pay attention to what I eat and just eat when hungry, it's easy to put away at least 50 points.

But hey, tomorrow's a new day, right?

-Susan
suenami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:44 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Wow LOL now I am worried at how easy the points do add up, does it help to plan all your meals in advance?
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

For me it does pay to plan my meals, for more than just dieting reasons - food prices are so high, if I don't plan meals, I find I spend far too much at the store. I also write everything down. "write what you bite".

I kinda cheat a little too... lol. I have a cell phone that is a smart phone that can connect to the internet. If I find that I am going to be eating out on the spur of the moment, I pull out my smart phone, get on the net and Google the place we are going for points. I carry my calculator everywhere and then I find out points values for things so I know what I should avoid. If I absolutely have to guess, I ask for nutritional info and use 50 calories = 1 point. I have been off a couple of times, but not by much.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 294/261/180

Height: 5'7"

I can imagine, I used to eat that way every day! I'm glad I finally decided to change my mind. Good for you - way to move on and not dwell on it!
Tifferanknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: See my ticker!

Height: 5' 10"

I have to say ive never gone through that many points with fast food, we really only have mcdonalds and burger king here and im veggie so i cant be bothered with them, but i have defo done it just by snacking alone. i just dont stop! last night was one of those nights... but i had mcd's chips for lunch yesterday and i felt seriously icky afterwards, all greasy and horrible. makes you think though, what its doing on the inside...

also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chey View Post
use 50 calories = 1 point.
Is that the standard value of 1 point? ive been putting it at 74!
IrishRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:25 AM   #9  
Hatchling

S/C/G: 160/146/122

Height: 5'2"

I thought it was 70 cals for a point as well!
x louise x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

The WW formula (that the calculators and sliders are based on) first counts 1 point for each increment of 50 calories and then modifies it based on fat and fiber. So it's tough to say one point = a specific number of calories! I use the 50 calorie guideline too, though, if I really don't know how much something is, then if it's high fiber I take away one, high fat I put one on... Then just do it more accurately at home
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote