Old 08-14-2008, 03:32 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Jo! I find that the key to staying full is a balance of fiber and protein. My favorite low point snacks are low fat string cheese, whole wheat whole grain mini bagels with fat free cream cheese, yogurt smoothies, cottage cheese, sugar free pudding, Fiber One bars (I love the new strawberry almond ones), and, if I'm looking for something sweet, the 100 calorie pack graham cracker cheesecake bars. Good luck!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

Default Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say THANKS for all of the wonderful low point snack ideas! I am so excited to go shopping tomorrow and try some of them! Yummy

Audrey
Jo7475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:47 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone!
I'm new to WW at Home and I'd like to join in!

I am a SAHM to 3 boys - an 8 year old, and 3 year old twins.

I started WW about 3 weeks ago when I tipped the scale at 324 - I CRIED - I haven't been that since I was pregnant with 2. I am now down 10 pounds and ready to lose more.

Thanks for letting me join in!

Summer

Last edited by texscrapper; 08-15-2008 at 08:48 AM.
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:52 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 185/176/150

Default Starting Over

Hi everyone my name is Amy, I am 38 years young,, and mother to 4. I live in the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC. I have been on weight watchers before and lost weight but have had to work on some of the emotional aspects associated with my overeating/weight gain. I am using the Beck diet solution in addition to ww online hoping this will be it for me.
I have 25-30 lbs to lose. Hope to find as well as offer support here.
Thanks
Amy
HisBeloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:46 AM   #20  

Default Count me in too!

Hello. I have lurked around these boards before but not posted much. I joined WW after Christmas and attended meetings faithfully every week until April. I went from 198 lbs down to 152. Since stopping the meetings I have slowly climbed back up to 165 lbs. I need to really get on top of this before it gets out of hand. I like to eat and have no willpower. I did really well on WW and found it easy. For me I guess it is the accountability of the weekly weigh ins and meetings that kept me on track. So here I am looking for support and accountability! I am a SAHM mom to 2 girls, 2 and 4 years and live in Canada
cierasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:53 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Wow, welcome everyone (I just joined this board a few days ago...). WW definitely worked in the past for me, too: went from 197 to 152 in college, gained back to 165 over about a year and a half, lost back to 151 again using these principles about the time I got married. Was pregnant 7 months later, and it's been downhill from there! ;-) I am currently below where I was before I got pregnant with #2 (6 months postpartum) but I'm still about 20 lbs heavier than I was before the first time I got pregnant, and still about 45 lbs heavier than I'd like to be! My current goal is to get down to 170 by mid-October, so I can look and feel better for my sister's wedding. After that I can just tell you there will be a big party when/if I drop below 150, because I haven't been there since early high school!

Last edited by ctrsara; 08-15-2008 at 01:54 PM.
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:10 PM   #22  

Welcome Amy, Cierasky, and Summer!

I have just started WW at home too. So far I have really enjoyed using this forum and reading everyone's success stories. I am looking to lose weight as the doc wanted to put me on meds for being overweight! Good luck to everyone and I look forward to reading your postings.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:50 AM   #23  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Hey girls. Just a quick note to let you know that I am going to try South Beach for a while. I also suffer from PCOS, and I need to watch my carb intake. I'll pop in from time to time... keep up the good work!!
Jenny
Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:28 PM   #24  

How's everyone doing so far this weekend? Yesterday was a close call - we ended up grabbing dinner at McDonald's. I didn't get what I wanted though, so I still squeaked in around my point range for yesterday. Doing really well today. It helps that DH is at a seminar all day, so it feels like a "normal" day instead of a Saturday.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 160/150/125

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone!! I am at my parents place for 2 weeks, I got here yesterday. I am trying really hard to keep it healthy while here. I got here yesterday, to be honest yesterday was a disaster diet wise, but today I am back on track. I told them my goals, and my mom use to do weight watchers so she understands how it works. They even brought me with them grocery shopping so I could pick up some healthy stuff. I swam 25 laps in the pool this morning, it only took 20 mins though. Being at my parents will be a struggle, but my goal is to be down 5lbs when i return home. Hope everyone is doing great!
ctrsara-great job with mcdonalds... it is nearly impossible to eat healthy there!! What did you end up eating? Just curious because everything I think I would like there is probably around 10 or more points
To all the new people, WELCOME!!
time2shine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:11 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

WOW - - Welcome, welcome, welcome!!

Just a note about McDonalds, if you don't want a salad the grilled chicken snack wraps are a good option with apple dippers! If I'm broke and I want something fast and cheap I get a $1 McChicken without mayo (I actually get it with mustard and pickle only). It's 7 points for that, so not a bad lunch if I have to do it on the run like that.

I was doing so well, but last night the kids had mini corn dogs and I ate some with them when I didn't have enough points left. I was probably only over by 2 or 3 points, and the scale wasn't mad at me this morning, but I felt guilty about it all night!

Good luck with SB Jenny, but don't forget about us!

Jeanne?!?!?! Are you out there?!?!?! I keep asking and you aren't answering me!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:02 PM   #27  

Default Went over points

Hello All,

Well, I did not do stick to my points on Friday night! GRRRR...I ended up having a cheeseburger from Applebees. I almost lasted a whole week without cheating. So far today I am determined to get back on the program and have had 7 points so I should be okay. I feel very guilty about messing up so early in my weight loss journey. The good news is that I have lost 2 pounds this week and I hope to lose 2 pounds a week if that is possible. Thanks for listening to me! Way to go ctrsara! Keep up the good work!
Old 08-16-2008, 06:48 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi Ladies!
Yesterday was hard for me - I was STARVING all day long. I only went over by one point, but I don't know what was going on! I had lots of salad, so that helped!

Today was a baby shower, and I did ok there - no apps, and only half of the piece of cake I was given. - Not sure what the pt value is of that, but I have not been hungry at all today, so I only had 6 pts before cake.
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:16 PM   #29  

I got a snack wrap - wasn't thinking straight or I would have gotten the grilled one! I didn't specify... it was like 8 pts. Plus a handful of DH's fries. Like 2 or 3 pts. But I didn't get the double cheeseburger, which is yummy AND cheap... I wasn't over at all at that points, so I was okay. I had a banana later on last night when I was starving several hours after that...