3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   At Home Support Group.....07/27 - 08/02 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/147614-home-support-group-07-27-08-02-a.html)

BrianaSalvatore 07-29-2008 08:06 AM

At Home Support Group.....07/27 - 08/02

Morning all,

I thought I'd check in to see how everyone was doing and saw there was no thread started. I guess I'll get it started. I'm having such the hard time staying OP. I've talked my hubby into starting back OP as of Saturday. He hit the 200+ mark and for him that is quiet a bit as we aren't super tall. He needs to slim down, I also found out he hasn't been taking his cholesterol medicine. I told him I didn't want to be a young widow. Ugh, so frustrating!!! Hope you all are doing well, I'll check in with you all later.

Take one day at a time, eventually we'll get there.

Jenskihere 07-29-2008 12:06 PM

Hey ladies! Well... I lost 1 lb last week. I'll take it. For me... that is a lot!! I did good at the gym yesterday, rode DH's bike last night for 15 minutes thru neighborhood, got up this AM, went to the gym again. Let me tell you, I thought riding a bike was going to be easy. I was exhausted!!
So anyway, trying to increase my workouts by both time and frequency.
Briana, isn't is easier when DH is doing the program with you? I know it is for me! I am the one that cooks, so I cook the meals and they just eat them. But it is when he suggests ice cream, or snacking... then I want to kill him!! He went out yesterday and bought a bike, so I guess that is a step in the right direction. I am going to go buy one too so we can take family bike rides.

Thanks for starting the thread!

Jenskihere 07-29-2008 12:07 PM

Oh yeah... I got a ticker!! YIPEE!

LondonJulz 07-29-2008 01:18 PM

I'm baaaaaaaaaack.......

okay, I realize that probably 98% of you are thinking "that's great, who are you?" haha! But I know that I've seen Mom2QJandT around here, so I know she'll remember me.

Long story short....

I was on this forum (WW @ Home) a while ago (probably 5 or 6 months ago). I had been a regular on here for MANY months and lost most of my weight while on here. I hired a personal trainer in January or February and she wanted me to try a different diet. It's not that she was opposed to WW, she just wasn't a huge fan of it. So, I decided to give her way a try. It's not that I didn't succeed doing it her way. Since January I have lost 5% of my body fat percentage and about 5 pounds (so I've built a lot of muscle). But my weight hasn't gone down like it did while I was on WW. Well, my trainer is now moving about 2 states away and I've decided to get back on WW. I loved it, I had a LOT of success on it, and I miss everyone here. So, I'm now back!!!! YAY!!! It will take me a few days (or weeks) to get back in the WW groove of journaling what I eat and keeping track of my points, but I need that kind of structure. I LOVE the freedom of WW. So, for those of you who remember me... I MISSED YOU!!!!!!! And for those of you who have yet to know me, my name is Julie! :D

TinkFreak117 07-29-2008 07:57 PM

Hi all! I just started WW at home so I dont have much of a weight loss but I am super excited! I feel like I can do this!! I counted my points today and I have 3 left over and its 8pm. I don't think I'll have dessert tonight, but if I did want dessert, I COULD HAVE IT!!

I know this is going to sound newbie-ish but what is OP =P

LondonJulz 07-29-2008 08:00 PM

OP = On Point OR On Plan

and WELCOME!!! :D

TinkFreak117 07-29-2008 09:03 PM

Thank you !! I'm slowly learning!!

BrianaSalvatore 07-30-2008 07:51 AM

Welcome back Julie and welcome TinkFreak117. So I have totally been fallen off the wagon. I can't wait to go grocery shopping this weekend and for the hubby to get back on the plan. I'd been doing pretty well until this week. I just can't keep motivated, until I got on the scale this morning. My weight is steady but up 2 lbs from last week. Ugh! I'm going to try and get back OP today. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and maybe walk this afternoon. It's been so hard since my hand surgery, I'm still recovering and there are still things I can't do yet (like ride my bike). Oh well, one day at a time. Hope you all are doing well, I'll check in tomorrow with my WI information.

time2shine85 07-30-2008 12:00 PM

Hello everyone! I finally went out grocery shopping yesterday and I am SO happy with all my purchases. I can honestly say that everything I bought is healthy, that is a first for me. I even purchased some 'snack' foods, like pretzels, crackers, and cookies, but they are pre-portioned into 100 calorie packs so I can control myself better and know when to stop. My bf (we live together) is totally on board with me on this journey and he is showing a real interest in healthy eating as well. Also, I tried a new 1 point cookie recipie yesterday and they are AMAZING. I have a hard time believing they are only 1 point. They are oatmeal banana coconut cookies. I would post the link but I dont think I am supposed to do that, so pm me if you want this recipie. I am a newbie though so I am not even sure I can do that. Worst case scenario, i will put it onto my blog. Today I am going to the gym with my bf. There is a body blast group class we are excited to try. Anyways... that's about it for now, hope everyone is doing well!

LondonJulz 07-30-2008 12:42 PM

Time2Shine - I think you are allowed to post links to recipes on here. If you don't want to post the link, copy the recipe and paste it on here. I'd love to have it.

I have really missed WW and so happy to be back on it. It feels like home.

It has been a while since I've been on here, so can someone tell me if they've done away with the weekly weigh-in threads? I know that they used to have them on here. I'd like to start doing that again, unless they have a reason as to why they don't have them.

Anyway - I'm off for now. I'll be back though. Hope you all are having a GREAT day!!!

OH, has anyone here had the No Pudge Brownies???? They are incredible and you can make them in a single serving using only the brownie mix and no-fat vanilla yogurt. Microwave for 1 minute and you have a brownie that is only 2 points (I believe... I'll have to double check that though). It's GREAT for chocolate cravings though.

time2shine85 07-30-2008 12:47 PM

BANANA OATMEAL COOKIES

Oatmeal cookies with a banana twist

Banana ripening: 2 weeks
Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Time to table: 1 hour
Makes about 30 cookies, easily doubled

* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1 very very ripe banana
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 cup flour, fluffed to aerate before measuring
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon table salt
* 1-1/2 cups oatmeal (old-fashioned or quick, not instant)
* 1 cup coconut, preferably unsweetened

Preheat oven to 350F.

Melt butter in a small dish in microwave, 10 seconds at a time. Transfer to mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, thoroughly mix in sugars, banana, egg and vanilla.

Scoop the flour, baking power, baking soda and salt onto the butter mixture without mixing in. With a fork, lightly combine the dry ingredients on top, still without mixing in. Now use the mixer to combine the flour mixture and the butter mixture. Stir in oatmeal and coconut.

Drop dough by tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake for 11 – 14 minutes until set and golden. Cool 5 minutes before removing from tray but do remove or will stick.

NUTRITION ESTIMATE Per Cookie: 98 Cal; 3g Tot Fat; 2g Sat Fat; 16g Carb; 1g Fiber; 58mg Sodium; 11mg Cholesterol; Weight Watchers 1 point

TinkFreak117 07-30-2008 06:19 PM

That sounds sooo good, If i made them i think it would be really hard to have just one..... plus in our house... cookies are eaten like air is breathed.... I think I'm going to try it though!! Thanks!!

Mom2QJandT 07-30-2008 06:43 PM

JULZZZZZ!!!!!

It's so nice to see you :)

I lost 1.5 this week, but my son's birthday was Monday and I've been off track since the birthday cake incident :eek:

I'm trying to get back on track for the weekend and hopefully I can drop a teensy bit or stay even. We've been so busy I feel like this week is over before it began!

Hope everyone is well!

Jenny - - Good loss, congrats on the ticker!

Welcome Tink!

BrianaSalvatore 07-31-2008 07:53 AM

Morning all,

I did my WI this morning and I'm at 139. Not bad but not as great as last week. I'm still working on it. Glad to see everyone is doing so well.

Does anyone know of a Turkey Bacon or Peanut butter that we can have that doesn't have a large amount of points? I'm missing those two items and would like to have some w/o ruining my plan. Thanks for the cookie recipe I think that we'll try them w/o the coconut as the hubby is alergic to it. Hope everyone has a great week, I'll check in later.

LondonJulz 07-31-2008 10:28 AM

Good morning ladies! My weigh-in days are going to be on Fridays. My official "re-start" date for WW was Wednesday, so I weighed myself then to have an idea of where I was starting. One goal of mine is to try to lose 20 pounds by October 18. I'm in a wedding on that day. While I've already lost enough weight to look "fine" in my dress - another 20 pounds would absolutely thrill me. Part of it is because there will be a lot of people coming to the wedding who I haven't seen in over a year. The last time they saw me, I was anywhere between 230 and 250 pounds - and right now I'm at 188-ish. So, to get to 168-ish by then would make me SO proud. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of how far I've come already - however having a goal to shoot for makes it so much more exiciting! :D

Mom2QJandT - :hug::hug::hug::hug: I have missed this place, truly! I saw JAR around here a few threads ago. Hope she's still in!

BrianaSalvatore - While I don't eat a whole lot of Bacon (not enough to miss it if I don't eat it), I'd love to know suggestions on Turkey Bacon as well. I'm not sure on the Peanut Butter thing. We got started eating Smart Balance Peanut Butter because it *seems* to be the healthier choice as far as all the oils. The crunchy kind is AWESOME (if you like crunchy PB's). And the peanut butter tastes like real, *natural* PB. As far as points values - 5 points in 2 tbsp. I'm not sure how that stacks up with other Peanut Butters (but I'm sure it's right up there with them in points values).

Time2Shine - Thanks for the recipe! Those look YUMMY!!!!

Have a great day ladies!!!!! I'll be back to check in later!