Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 11:30 PM   #31  
Angie-del

Judy- Thanks so much for the welcome back! Yep, I'm still at the same company and we're still learning to deal with the new CEO. He's been here a year and things are vastly different. Much more stress, but I'm coping fairly well. Emotional eating is a very real event for me and it's something I'm learning to deal with every hour of my day. Most times I can honestly say I'm successful in turning towards either some chore which needs to be done in the house or going downstairs and getting on the internet. Did you pick up your knitting? How's 'your' Anthony and 'your' Tony?

Karen- It really is me Thanks for the hug! I hope you're having a good w/e away from it all. Come back rested!

Carla- Thanks for the welcome back! You guys are making me feel like I'm back at home! Thanks so much! I'll be joining you in cleaning the house this w/e. It desperately needs it..as I'm hosting Easter dinner next Sunday. Figure cleaning will keep me away from food too! I'm counting on you to start exercising again. I'll join Judy in nagging you...because I care too about your success. We're ALL going to get to goal and we'll be pushing each other all along the way. Angie, the cheerleader, has returned!

KarenC- organizing our eating sounds like a good plan. I've found this time around with ww that I am able to complete a day completely on program if I plan my menu the night before. I've begun taking my lunches to work again, I've removed all change from my purse so I can avoid those 4 in the afternoon chocolate cravings that call me from the vending machine. I'm still working on the quit eating 2 hours before bedtime. I'm not sure if I'll ever achieve that one--- but I'll keep on trying.

Well, I'm about ready to call it a day. How's everyone doing on their water? I've started a deal with myself. I used to LOVE diet coke/diet pepsi's and I drank ALOT of them everyday. Well, I started drinking an 8 oz glass of water every hour on the hour during my day (starting with the 5 am hour after I've finished my treadmill) and if I complete 12 glasses of water by the time I leave work at 4:45 (and I usually do.... I crave water now!) I 'treat' myself to a can of diet coke during my drive home. Simple, 0 point pleasure and the water's are definitely in for the day!

Hope to drop in over the weekend.
Angie

Old 03-23-2002, 02:34 PM   #32  

Angie, you are an inspiration! I'm glad the organizing is working for you. So far, after one day I can tell a big difference in how I feel. I feel much better having 3 same sized meals and two snacks than I did when I was eating a more erratic way. I'm with you, planning is the key to success.

Sneak peek today was great, hope I can keep it up til weigh in on Monday. It's been a while since I've registered a "new low" as I'm still working on shedding the weight I gained when I went to Texas to take care of Mums. Speaking of her, she is hoping to be discharged from the hospital today. She is still very weak, but we all feel better at home.
Old 03-23-2002, 05:01 PM   #33  
Angie-del

KarenC- hope your mom is well enough to be discharged today. You're so correct in the thinking that we all feel better at home. So true.

Hope your sneak peek hangs on for you. I've given up stepping on my scale every day this time around. I did some soul searching and determined that the sneak peeks were detrimental to my success. If I was up on the scale I'd blow off more since I figured I'd be heavier on weigh in day anyway. On the days I was lower, I figured I could spare a little cheating because I'd still be lower on weigh in day. Terrible cycle I got in so Tony convinced me to stay off the scale during the week and stay accountable to the scale at ww on my official weigh ins on Monday. I guess it's tending to keep me on program for the whole time because I don't have a clue where I am on the scale. Just my two cents.

Back to cleaning-
Angie

Old 03-25-2002, 08:33 AM   #34  

Good Morning, seems I have been MIA again, sorry. I went Friday to the Dr. and he did a needle asperation (?) will have results Tues/Wed. Weekend was kind of crazy with the not knowing thing, but I am very optimistic since Drs. is. If not cancer they will leave in me for another 8 weeks to see what it does. Not that that appeals to me, but in May I am going to ask to have it removed for good.

I weighed in Thursday night since I missed my Monday weigh in and I made goal by .2, but it was goal!! TOM is here and with the stress eating this weekend I dont know how todays will go but I am going and deal with the consequenses.

I hope everyone is ok and things are going well for everyone.

Angie-looking forward to getting to know you

Karen-hope your mom is on her way home

Judy, Carla, Karen and Pat-hope to catch up with everyone b4 I leave for Florida on Friday.

I did start running with Bobby finally. I actually surprised myself on how far I went w/o having to stop. Even got up at 5:30 to run b4 work/school. I will measure tonight and see how far it actually was, hoping to get to 3 miles soon so I can run the 5K with him in April.

Have a great day.
Closed Thread