3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   New- is at home worth the $ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/140491-new-home-worth-%24.html)

Colorado998 04-22-2008 11:59 AM

New- is at home worth the $

I am new to this site and have been looking into weight watchers. What I would like to know it WW at home worth the money you spend? Do you get just the material listed and then you are on your own? Is the Deluxe better?

Is this forum enough support to make it through the weight lose?

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated?

I am looking not only for me to lose weight but my husband also. I would like to cook healthier foods and learn about nutrition. Time is a big concern - I have four girls.

Thanks in Advance !
Julie

jean3 04-22-2008 12:51 PM

julie,
i went to ww mtgs a couple of years ago and got the jeist of calorie counting and healthy portions. so for the past month i have been doing ww at home and have lost a total of 11 pounds. i did not get any of the kits but reduced my calorie intake and became a member of 3fc. being a member here gives me enough motivation to keep on track. there is a ww at home forum that is great.

Colorado998 04-28-2008 01:44 PM

I bought the Deluxe Kit! So far I am happy with the products and information provided. At lot of good information and easy to read- I am still reading....

PinkyPie 04-28-2008 02:03 PM

I do it online and have the support here and at another (non WL forum) so it's more than enough for me!

I am a lifetime WW'er though and I do love the program. When I'm working it, I lose weight!

DCchick 04-29-2008 04:09 PM

I've been doing the at home (online version) for 2 weeks now and LOVE it. I havent bought any additional materials, everything i need is online; the points tracker, food database, activity tracker, weight tracker, etc etc. i stay motivated thru this forum and with a friend that's doing it with me (we share cool new low point foods we've found)

I really havent had any need to buy additional materials, even though I hear alot of people on here talking about them. Try it out and see if it works for you! Good luck!

missjenny 05-06-2008 12:09 PM

I think that it is absolutely worth the money!

I'm a university student so I don't have much time to go to meeting! I spent about 90$ for 3 months and so far it's working really well.

One of the things I love about WW is that by doing it at home you have access to all the online resources and can track your points when you have time!! :)

luvmyfam 05-09-2008 03:47 PM

My deluxe At-Home kit came a couple days ago and I'm loving it. I've barely scratched the surface of using what's in it, but the calculator is GREAT and I was so happy to have the Dining Out Companion yesterday...I was just able to look up the foods I got at Wendy's and write in the points, rather than having to calculate them all out.

Haven't even opened my exercise DVD yet, but I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Loveliam 05-10-2008 09:11 AM

I am wondering about the kit too. I can see where having the calculator would be wonderful - especially at the grocery store!

Lunula 05-17-2008 09:40 AM

I didn't purchase the deluxe kit, but I did buy the points calculator (LOVE IT) - I've found all the food information online or I use my calculator, so I didn't feel the need to drop more on the deluxe kit.

To me, it's worth every penny. It keeps me motivated and I actually like the points system - it's just so darned easy. Plus, it's nice meeting other people like you face-to-face on a weekly basis and hearing their struggles along with their triumphs.

I have a friend at work who does the WW program but doesn't go to meetings, though she's purchased a lot of the materials - it works for her that way. If you're the kind of person who needs a little extra push, I'd say go to a couple of meetings and see if it's for you. :)

beachbabe8406 06-10-2008 03:52 PM

I think I purchased the deluxe kit. It was back in February so I can't really remember. I love the calculator, the slider tool, and the two food books (the dining out companion and the one with all the foods listed in it). I like getting the magazine too. I think it is absolutely worth it. I travel a lot and sometimes don't have access to internet. It is nice to have my books handy so that I can look something up before I shove it into my mouth. I did start with looking things up online. I did that for a month before I bought the materials. I wanted to make sure it worked before I took the plunge. (Don't look at my ticker... it worked but I fell off the wagon!)

librarygirl12 06-10-2008 07:20 PM

At home WW

So does anyone do just do it at home without the online program? I've been doing the WW meetings, but lately I don't feel like they've been helping me as much. Also does anyone know of a really good dependable scale that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get? The one we have now is really crappy.

beachbabe8406 06-12-2008 04:32 PM

I don't use the online program at all. I just have the at home materials. I don't think they come with the online tools. If they do I missed that part! I personally think this site is as good as meetings because you can talk about things you really want to talk about and learn about things others are struggling with.

luvmyfam 06-16-2008 04:40 PM

I have the same kit as you, Shelly. I love all the materials that were included, and I love coming here for the support.

Rachel, when I first started, I decided to replace our scale, which was off by over 3 lbs. We ended up getting a Healthometer scale from Wal-Mart. It was $28.something at ours. Looks just like this one: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=6487865 and has a wide platform like this one , but I'm not sure it's the exact same scale. Ours takes regular AA batteries and the one on the page says it's Lithium. But around the same price.

I bought it after my first WW meeting and weigh-in, then weighed myself right before my next weigh-in and found it to be almost exactly the same as the scale at the meeting. That was enough for me.