Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 10:33 AM   #16  

Okay, by the time I finally get to post so many have already posted. Unfortunately I can't read all of them. So to all those who lost "WAY TO GO"
For all those maintained, you will get them next week.
For any who gained, don't worry you can do it! Be strong!

I sneaked a peak this morning, I had maintained which is okay since I majorly screwed up last week. But I am back on program and more determined than ever. I so want to be able to shop in the same areas as my mom and aunt.

Gotta run, maybe when I officially weight later this week it will be a loss.
Old 02-20-2002, 12:16 PM   #17  

Hi Gang:

Carla, that WW cookbook sounds great, let us know how the recipes turn out. I bet it has lots of soup recipes. When you mentioned comfort foods, my mind went right to chicken and dumplings. I bet there's no wya to make them healthy though.

Michele, it sounds like a zoo at your house. Not only the relatives visiting but those pesky girl scouts! Thank goodness I don't get them here, but now that I know it's the season, I'll have to avoid going in the store where I get my gas because they sell them over the counter there. Thanks for the warning.

Weighed in today minus 2 pounds! I think the extra exercise is doing the trick. I'm not sure how to count exercise points, so have just been staying within my points range, or at least trying to. I was so excited, I went shopping and found two pair of shoes! Have a great day!
Old 02-20-2002, 01:32 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Michele - I bet you'll be glad to relax once your sister and her sons go back home. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they find a house. I glanced at the Bolivian stew recipe. What makes it Bolivan, South American in general really, is the use of squash (this recipe calls for acorn squash), red and green peppers, and a jalapeno. I saw a similar dish being made on a cooking/travel show dealing with Latin American countries. Pumpkin was used in that one. Sorry to ehar about the run-in with the girl scout cookies. I ordered them from the daughter of a co-worker and then a little girl came to my door selling them and I couldn't say no. I'm dreading the day they arrive.

Msyterygirl - Good for you for getting right back on track. I'm sure that sneak peek will turn into a loss.

Karen C - Congratulations on another great loss! Shoes as a reward - you're a girl after my own heart. Actually, the cookbook did have a recipe for chicken stew and dumplings. Let me know if you want me to post it.

Well, I woke up this morning feeling like a big old overstuffed water balloon, so I wasn't excited about stepping on the scale. Imagine my shock and delight when it registered a 0.4 loss. Not a lot, but I'll take it! Funny how a loss two weeks in a row recharges you for the fight. I'm determined to make it three in a row next week.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
269.6/266.6/140 (243 - 1st 10%)
Old 02-20-2002, 07:41 PM   #19  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone!

I'm a little late posting today, but it sounds like everyone is on track and doing great!

Carla - way to go! Two weeks in a row is great...I am SOOO pleased for you! You're definitely on a roll now. Here's to another great week (raising yet another glass of water)

Karen C - congratualtions on yet another stellar loss!!! That puts you at OVER 60 lbs gone, doesn't it?? Good for you for rewarding yourself with shoes...much less fattening than a food reward and way more satisfying.

Mysterygirl - a maintain is okay! Beats the heck out of a gain...if you're determined and we all stick together, we'll get you shopping in the same department as mom!!!

Michele - your life sounds chaotic right now! Hang in there.

Pat - so glad to hear from you again! I was startng tyo worry that you'd left us . Sorry to hear about the boyfriend woes...how well I remember perching on the edge of Jen's bed late at night consoling her over heartaches! The current boy has been around for two years, so all is well for the time being. Great that you're exercising and maintaining. Here's hoping for a loss next week!

Jennifa - congratulations on your big loss! I'm not sure I'd be happy living on rice cakes, but if it works for you, that's great!

Jan - smart you for planning from dinner backwards! I'm with you on the satisfying dinner...if I skimped on supper, I'd graze all evening. We tend to eat well at dinner, then I'm done till morning unless I've tucked away a ff choc. pudding to snack on in the evening.

Judy - good for you for chasing away that .6 lb. Hope the pms thing is history by now.

Hope you're all doing well.

Karen B.
Old 02-20-2002, 08:16 PM   #20  

Carla, Congratulations on another losing week, you're a winner. I was surprised by my loss this week too. Yes, I love shoes, Garrott calls me the Imelda Marcos of Cross Creek!

Mysterygirl, good luck on the official weigh-in. Hey, I got kicked out of the Women's Department last month. You can do it!

Karen B, yes I've lost 61.5 pounds officially today! And at the doctor's office this morning, their scale showed even more but I'll keep posting using my scale. I estimated about 90 pounds total, so I've passed the 2/3 mark! I thought that was worth some new shoes! You didn't say how you are doing. Hope you're right on program.

Judy, how are you? Hope the bug hasn't bitten you too!
Old 02-21-2002, 09:50 AM   #21  
Canadian, eh?

YAY KAREN C!!!(IMCC!) I'm so proud of you! You must be strutting around on clouds in those new shoes!

Silly me for not saying how I was doing - so far so good this week. I haven't exercised consistently this week due to feeling off, but this morning is my day off, so after breaky, I'll be treadmilling. People at work are starting to notice my weight loss, several people have told me it really shows in my face - I'll be a lot happier when it really shows further south!!!

Hope everyone's on program and feeling great. Talk to you soon.

Karen B
Old 02-21-2002, 10:44 AM   #22  

I'm back at work today and pretty swamped so while I'm going to read all the posts, I may not respond individually to all -

Carla - way to go on the second loss in a row - it does recharge you, doesn't it? I'm interested in any recipes you like from that book too.

Karen B - it's great when people notice your weight loss, isn't it? Hope you are on the treadmill now.

Karen C - you are doing so great - you are really an inspiration!

Mysterygirl - I'm with Karen - a maintain is okay! More than that actually - I consider it a victory!

Michele - sorry to hear about the GS cookies - they are evil - no doubt about it. The PMS monster has been around but I've been able to kick him out to the extent that my salty and sweet cravings are being satisfied with fairly good choices. Geez, your house sounds very hectic. I am surprised that the housing market is so tight with the economy the way it is!

Pat - good to hear from you. Maintaining is OK - once you string some good days together you'll see results. Good for you for getting out for a walk.

Jennifa - I've heard the same thing about synching up cycles and have seen it at work - I think it does extend to the 'net! Way to go on your loss. It sounds like this scheme is working for you.

Jan - how did the weight training go? I sort of like the sore feeling (if it's not too bad) 'cause it make me feel like I've really worked my muscles.

I've been doing OK - whittling down my deficit a couple of points at a time. I've been trying to satisfy the sweet and salty cravings with good choices - I found this spicy red pepper hummous that's only 1 pt per 2 TB - and have been using that as a dip with veggies. I didn't exercise the last two days but now that I am feeling better, I'm going to try to do something today. I re-scheduled my PT this morning - I was feeling too overwhelmed with catching up on work to spend 1 1/4 hours there. I'll do my exercises every day until my next appt (Monday) and pick it up again next week. TOM is probably going to appear right around weigh in on Saturday - I'm trying to cut down on any salty foods today and tomorrow 'cause I can already feel the PMS/TOM water retention.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 02-21-2002, 03:06 PM   #23  

Hi everyone.

Karen B - Glad to hear you're doing well. Here's a glass of water raised right back at ya. My weight loss always shows up in my face first. The thighs are always the last to go. Sigh.

Karen C - 90 pounds1 Magnificent. Worth several pairs of shoes, in my book. You truly are an inspiration.

Judy - Glad to hear that you have the sweet/salty thing under control. Put some lemon juice in your water - it will help ease the retention.

I'm doing ok. Waiting for the PMS monster to leave, but so far, so good. Hyper busy at work, but I guess that's a good thing as it keeps me from wanting to stuff my face out of boredom. I'm just glad the weekend is around the corner.

Carla
Old 02-22-2002, 08:38 AM   #24  

Good Morning, I hope all is well with everyone.

Things are still kind of crazy at my house. My sister found a house and she is just waiting for the owners to sign P&S today. If all works out the inspection will be Sat. and she will go home Sunday. Close in NY on 3-15 and stay with us again until 3-20ish when she closes here. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Went out to dinner Wed. night and had a great time and did not worry about points. Steve said if he heard one thing about points he would be mad so I ate and drank and did not count a thing (out loud ) I had a couple of boneless buffalo tenders and a chicken ceasar salad and 2 margaritas. Not too bad considering TOM is due any day and PMS monster has arrived

Judy-good job with the , good luck at weigh in.

Carla-you too , hope you enjoy the weekend.

Karen B-feels good to have people notice your weight loss doesn't it? Keep up the good work.

Karen C-Wow! What an inspriration! Enjoy those new shoes, I have a fetish myself.

Everyone is doing so good, lets keep it us. Summer is coming and that means........................UGH!! Bathing suits. Helps keep me in line anyway

Not too much planned for weekend, going to a Monster Truck Show with husband and son. Don't know how I got roped into this one. Soccer of course and not much else.
Have a great weekend.
Old 02-22-2002, 09:00 AM   #25  

Carla - Glad to hear you seem to have kept that PMS monster at bay. I'm with you on being glad the weekend is close! I never heard about the lemon juice helping ease water retention. I'm going to see if the pantry at work has little packets of lemon juice - thanks!

Michelle - I'm glad to hear that your sister seems to be set. Good for you for doing well at dinner - and counting points (sort of) silently. Enjoy the Monster Truck show (?)

I did OK yesterday foodwise and water wise and even got on the treadmill for a 1/2 hour. Although everything was under control point wise, I found myself snacking a bit in the evening to satisfy the sweet/salty cravings. The tension of the women's figure skating didn't help either ;-) I wasn't too pleased with my sneak peek this morning but TOM is almost here and I did have a little PB last night. I'm heading off to find some lemon juice for my water. This weekend poses a bit of a challenge. I'm heading over to my mom's tomorrow after my WW meeting to help her bake humantashen, a triangular shaped pastry for the Jewish holiday of Purim. I plan on having a low-point evening tonight (fingers crossed) and a low point breakfast tomorrow because I *know* I'll taste one or two. Sunday, my mom and I are going to the NYC ballet and probably having lunch somewhere near Lincoln Center beforehand. I'll have to find a salad or something on the menu - the problem is that we don't really know where we are going to eat.

If I don't get back on today, have a great weekend!
Judy
Old 02-22-2002, 11:04 AM   #26  

Hi everyone.

Michele - I have to admit that a monster truck show is about the last place on earth I'd want to be this weekend. Or any weekend.
You're right, bathing suit time is around the corner. Last year when we went to North Carolina with my mom, my sister, and her family, it was the first time I had worn a bathing suit in 11 years. I was really self-conscious but I knew I'd be really miserable if I couldn't go in the ocean. This August we're having a mega-family reunion with, besides my mom, my sister and her family, and my oldest nephew (my late sister's son), my aunt and uncle and at least 2 of my 3 cousins and their families. We'll be on a lake and I'll definitely want to swim, but I sure don't want to be self-conscious in front of that many people.

Judy - Lemon juice acts as a diuretic. Sounds like you're still doing a good job keeping things under control. Good luck with the pastries tomorrow. I'm sure you'll succeed in a low point dinner tonight and a low point breakfast. Have fun at the ballet on Sunday. I've always wanted to go to the ballet, but have never been. When Ana's a little older, I'm definitely taking her to see the Nutcracker. I'm sure you'll be able to find a salad or some grilled meat and veggies at whatever restaurant you go to.

No big plans this weekend. Ana takes Spanish classes on Saturday, as I think I've mentioned, and this week is parent's week, so we'll be able to stay for the class and observe. Other than that I have tons of stuff to do around the house and hope to put at least a dent into it. Tonight we'll probably go out to eat, as that's our usual habit on Fridays. I think I'll suggest Noodle and Co. ( a small chain, primarily in the mid-west I think that has all kinds of noodle dishes of varying ethnicity) and have a child's order of Mac and Cheese and a salad.

Carla
Old 02-22-2002, 01:31 PM   #27  

Hi all,
Sounds like everyone has a busy weekend planned with good plans for staying OP. Monster trucks, spanish lessons, ballet, what a diverse group. I may be going to a poodle hunt test, so add that to the list of unusual weekend activities.

I had a bad day yesterday, ate way too much, so have to watch it for the rest of the week. I just got back from shopping and picked up lots of salad fixings and soup, so I'm all set. Also found a couple of outfits for me (needed something to wear with the new shoes!) and several shirts for Garrott, the stores are having great clearance sales. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 02-22-2002, 02:21 PM   #28  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone,

Sounds like we're all up to wierd and wonderful things this weekend. Mike and I are helping firends move house tomorrow, so I won't be worrying about exercise for the day. Hope you all have fun at your various activities.

Don't have time to cheer you on individually, but wanted to wish everyone a great weekend. You'll all manage your challenges well.

Talk to you Monday,

Karen B
Closed Thread