Old 07-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #1  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Default At Home Support Group.....7/21 - 7/27

Good morning girls! I thought I would start the new thread for this week.
Good luck in the coming days!!
Jenny
Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:31 AM   #2  
Finding success on beach

Sue - yes those latte bars are awesome! They are HUGE and only 1 pt each.
Funny thing happened with my freezer... it started working again! I had someone out to look at it, at that time it wasn't working at all and the fridge part was getting warm too. He said it was the compressor, it would be $500 to fix it!! I didn't want to sink that into this appliance... I wanted to update it. DH doesn't want to spend the money to get a new one either! So we are undecided what to do now. It is working for the moment, and I find myself checking it all the time. I only put back some of our food, luckily my neighbor has a spare in her garage, so most of our food is in there. It is a pain to walk across the street to get what we need though! Makes snacking a lot harder though!! :-)
Old 07-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Sue!

Jenny - - I got the vitatops at Meijer, but then I couldn't find the brownies in the store, so I went to the website and ordered the corn muffins and brownies there. They rock!

We're starting our second round of Biggest Loser tomorrow at work. My team won the first round, so we're hoping to win again this time. I've been eating poorly this weekend because I have it in my head that I'm going to have to be POP for 10 weeks! I gained half a pound this week, I expected it, I always do on ovulation week.

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm still not drinking Diet Coke! Yea!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #4  
Finding success on beach

Mom2QJandT - that is awesome that you aren't drinking diet pop anymore. I need to give mine up! I am not a pop drinker, unless I am watching my weight! Funny, right? Diet poop gives me something sweet without any calories (I like diet root beer). Plus I feel that it fills me up. I am drinking 1-2 cans a day, but even that is too much.
I did horrible this weekend. What a bad week last week. I tried, I tried to make good choices and work out. But I had too many dinners out. Too much junk food this weekend. I am supposed to WI today and I am scared to do it!!!
I'll be back later with my WI results....
Old 07-21-2008, 05:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/182/147

Height: 5'8

I am right there with you Jenskihere, I had a horrible weekend!! I was surprised to get on the scale this morning and be at 185lbs. So at least I didn't gain a whole bunch. I'm total OP today and I'm even going to start my running program when I get home today...wish me luck! I'm gonna need it!!!
cassangelidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:25 PM   #6  

Good luck Cass!

Thanks Jenny! I've been doing well without it, but I was trying to have one in the evening for my sweet tooth. I bought those Vita Brownies and some of the strawberry almond Fiber One bars, so I'm trying a little treat and a bottle of water instead. It's an ever changing process around here, I'm always trying something to make this all easier.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:29 PM   #7  

So I actually did my running that I had planned on doing. YEAH ME! I'm also totally on point today as well. I actually have 3 more points left and its 7:30 my time. My hubby and I are going to watch a movie once the kiddo goes to bed, so I'll have some cottage cheese or something.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:10 AM   #8  
Finding success on beach

Cass - awesome job!!
So, I gained 1 lb last week, just as I had feared. I'm not surprised though....
need to deal with it and move on I guess! :-)
I got up, did a great 45 min workout at the gym on the elipitical. Really worked up a sweat! Trying to get the kids moving here, I am going to take them on a walk, let my son ride his bike. That will be another 30 minutes of activity today. Jumping back in strong!
Jenny
Old 07-22-2008, 12:21 PM   #9  

Good job Cass!

Go Jenny Go! I love walking while my 6 year old rides his bike. It forces me to stay at a good pace and he gets to ride (and sleeps better at night for it).

Jeanne, where are you?!!?!?! I've been thinking about you!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:58 PM   #10  
Finding success on beach

My 6 year old rides his bike fast too... you are right keeping pace with him is a good workout! He has a powerwheel that goes 5 mph... that one is tough to stay close to!
He is a movitator! He wanted to go on another walk tonight! I am just too tired! I talked him into a movie instead... nice mom, huh? :-)
Old 07-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #11  

I can't wait for my little one to ride her bike!! She will be 3 next month...so she can't go very far!

Last night I ran again YEAH ME! I did longer and harder than the night before. I think I'm going to stick with that for the rest of the week. I stayed OP again yeseterday and when I got up this morning...-3 lbs. You better believe I check the scale 3 times!! But yep...I'm 182lb today!

Woo Hoo!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:32 AM   #12  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 142/142/130

Height: 5'3''

Default Morning all...

WOW! Sounds like you ladies are on track. I'm having a more difficult time than usual. I just want to eat junk!! I've been 1/2 OP and 1/2 off. I'm trying to balance it. I did my WI in today and I'm 138.5 but w/ the 1/2 on 1/2 off I seem to be fluxing between 138 - 140. Like I said I'm just having a hard time.

I'm trying to be good, but my hubby is not helping. Today he stopped at DD to get coffee and asked if I wanted anything. I said no and he brought me back two donuts! Ugh! I'm like I said no and now I'm tempted to eat them since they are sitting on my desk. Besides they are the ones I love and I hate to waste food/money.

Better get going. I'll check back in later.
BrianaSalvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:12 AM   #13  
Finding success on beach

cassangelidy - way to go on the running! I HATE running! I do it once in a while, because it is something that is very hard for me and I need to work thru it. I didn't work out today... I went tot he grocer store late last night, stayed up too late and missed my 6am alarm to work out. I have to work most of the day today, so I don't know if I'll get a chance to squeeze it in. I have to take my son to a 45 min tutoring apt at 10:30, I am thinking of taking a walk with my daughter while he is in there. That way I can squeeze in at least 30 minutes today!

We went car shopping last night, ended up buying a new car, got home too late to make dinner so we went out. I ... didn't do that great!! :-( I ate from the bread basket, I ate pasta with CHEESE and they have the BEST homemade cheesecake... so I split a piece with my daughter. She is only 3, so I ate more then she did! Boy is it hard for me to stay OP when we go out!!
Especially when you are beyond the hungry stage!

Talk to you soon,
Jenny
Old 07-24-2008, 02:04 PM   #14  

Thanks Jenny! I don't like running now while I'm a chunky monkey (it hurts to carry all this weight), but I used to love running when I was in awesome shape. And running does sooo much to improve the way your body looks!!! Slims hips and thighs, trims your tummy..get great calves! Not to mention a nice little tushy!!

Congrats on the car...what did you get?!?!

Briana, you tell that hubby of yours next time only bring one donut back!! One is okay...two is overkill. You can do it girl..you are only 3.5 lbs away from your goal!! YOU ROCK!!!!

OH and I changed my first goal to be 15 lbs from now until my birthday. Its 4 weeks from tomorrow, and I know that is a lot...but I am just in the first week of running and I'm eating really clean, so I'm hoping I can drop some good weight here in the next month! Keep me accountable ladies!!!!

Cassidy!

Last edited by cassangelidy; 07-24-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #15  
Finding success on beach

I go to a local track with a friend and she likes to run. I try to keep up with her, and then when I have to walk, I try to run in spurts to keep the distance between us as small as possible. I am getting better... each time I can last a little longer. I have never been a runner... but that doesn't mean I can't become one! Someone told me that running is a good way to get in a good workout if you only have a short amount of time to devote to it.
We got a minivan, we got a Toyota Sienna, I LOVE IT! I have 2 little kids and my son is starting 1st grade this fall, a neighbor and I talked about carpooling, well that wasn't going to happen in my Jeep! I just got to a point where I needed the extra space, and minivans are built for kids, makes carting them around a lot easier.
15 lbs in 4 weeks... you are ambitious! :-) You can do it!