Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 08:36 AM   #16  

Hi Pat: Good for you for weight training. It's a good sore feeling isn't it? Also helps you by earning more points.

Weigh in today: minus 3 pounds in two weeks, missed weighing last week. Happy! I think I'll go shopping, sort of as a reward, but mostly to get out of the blahs. Have a great day!
Old 01-30-2002, 08:39 AM   #17  

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a good evening.

Pat-Thanks for the vibes, I hope they work. I was actually thinking last night while driving home from Jazzercize about a way to make "low fat" boneless buffalo tenders. How do you all think this will work out? chicken tenders dipped in egg whites and rolled in bread crumbs and baked with NO oil. Then dip into hot sauce and baked a little more. Much better point wise, just not sure if they will be good?!? Does you MIL get to go to the game? That would be awesome! Glad you are feeling more in control and being a little sore just means work outs are working.

Karen-Thanks about pictures, I really appreciate that. Still not sure about that visit to Florida, if we do go it will be to Marathon and Key West. Love those Keys! Sorry about the blahs and the headache, heres hoping they both go away soon.

Carla-Hope you trips is going well and the airport does not treat you too badly.

Judy-Sounds like you are doing really well. Good for you! All that exercising should show on Sat. at your weigh in. Good luck!

Karen-CONGRATS on your loss. Weigh to go!

I am not sure if I will be back later today or even tomorrow, I have Bobby here sick with me at work. He has a stomach bug of some sort, had to pull over 4 times on the way to work. I am hoping that once my part time helper comes in my boss will let me take him home. Still OP and working out.

Have a great day.
Old 01-30-2002, 08:42 AM   #18  

Karen-we were posting at same time, GREAT loss. Go get yourself something great. You deserve it!
Old 01-30-2002, 08:46 AM   #19  

Michele, sorry about Bobby, hope he's better soon and that you can get off work to take care of him. He'd feel better at home I'm sure. Thanks about the loss! I think I'll start posting my numbers now: 238/179.5/?
Old 01-30-2002, 05:07 PM   #20  

Carla - I hope this week's business trip is going better than the last one! Good for you for banking a "cushion". I'm sure that sneak peek was affected by TOM.

Karen C - sorry to hear you have (or hopefully had) the blues yesterday. Still, I think it's great that you did OK foodwise and exercise wise - since for me, sometimes the blues (post-vacation or otherwise) can trigger that ol' monster emotional eating. WOW - 3 pounds in two weeks is great!! I hope you're out shopping now and getting yourself a nice reward.

Pat - Way to go on leaving the room during the food commercials! I know what you mean about close games - You can imagine how crazed I was during last year's World Series!

Michele - Those "low fat" boneless buffalo tenders sound like they could work. If you have the time to experiment I'd see how they come out (maybe do just a few). I'm sorry to hear that Bobby has a stomach bug - not much more miserable bugs to get than that. I hope he's feeling better soon.

Things have been pretty busy at work but even with some of that stress I've managed to stay OP foodwise and have been more consistent with exercise even though it hasn't been as intense as it was before last summer when my "walking wounded" problems started. TOM is almost over so I'm hoping for a good result on Saturday.

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 01-30-2002, 05:18 PM   #21  

Hi Judy, glad you are able to keep OP with the job stress too. No, I didn't shop, sort of got stuck here at home. I have to run into town tomorrow, so maybe then. I'm supposed to go to a restaurant opening tonight, but since I have only a couple of points left I think I'll skip it and maybe go one evening this weekend.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the boards are going to go down again sometime soon for maintenance, so if I don't get back, everyone have a wonderful weekend!
Old 01-31-2002, 08:07 AM   #22  

Good Morning!

Bobby is feeling much better thank you! Must have been a 24 hour thing. I left work around 1:00 and put him to bed, where he slept most of it off.

Judy-I did try those buffalo tenders last night and they were really good. I figured each ounce of chicken to be approx. 1.25 points. 1/2 cup of bread crumbs is 4 points and I made about 25 pieces with that and 2 egg whites which is less than 1 point and hot sauce is zero. I have to work on the hotness though, not quite hot enough. I will add some tobasco and cayenne (?) pepper to spice it up. We like them REAL HOT! I put them on top of a bed of romaine lettuce with ceasar dressing, YUM
Good for you for not letting the stresses of work get to you. With TOM gone for Sat. you should do great.

Karen-your stats are great, you are doing wonderful, you should be very proud of yourself Treat yourself just because, you deserve it!

Pat, Carla, Karen, Jennifa-If the boards go down I hope you all have a great weekend!

We are expecting a snow storm to end with an ice storm today/tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully it wont get too bad and we loose power. I hate those kinds. Had one a few years ago where we lost power for 5 days, nothing like roughing it.

Have a great day
Old 01-31-2002, 08:50 AM   #23  

Michele, I'm glad Bobby is better and that you were able to take him home for R & R. Those chicken tenders sound great, hope you're able to enjoy them for the Super Bowl and don't lose electric. Thanks for the compliments!

Had a good evening, didn't go to the restaurant opening but Garrott stopped by and got a menu so I'll be able to plan a good low point dinner this weekend. It's funny, we live way out in the country, but we have one of the most famous restaurants in the state just a quarter mile from here! If any of you have read the book (by Marjorie K. Rawlings) or seen the movie "The Yearling", well that's Cross Creek. The restaurant, The Yearling, is famous, but has been closed for a number of years, and we are so happy to finally have it open again.

Hope the boards stay up, but if not, have a great weekend!

238/179.5/148??
Old 01-31-2002, 11:12 PM   #24  
Canadian, eh?

Bleh! Had a horrid PMS IthinkIwilleateverythingthatisn'tnaileddown kind of day yesterday. It was ugly. It was gross. It's over. There! I confessed to my sins, and I was better today. Much better than the old attitude when the world fell apart if I had an off day!

Mike and I went out for sushi tonight, so I won't be going near the scale till after the weekend when all that soy sauce is out of my system!!

Wow Karen & Michele, you've been yakking up a storm! Glad Bobby is better, Michele.

Talk to you tomorrow, hopefully!

Karen B
Old 02-01-2002, 08:39 AM   #25  

Hi Karen, Congratulations on getting right back on program, I know how hard it can be!

Well, I went shopping yesterday and got my reward! One Liz blouse and a nice blue sweater, both on clearance. I am trying to get things that may still fit me next winter, but if not, at least I'm getting bargains. I had a good day yesterday eating wise. I have been eating max points this week for a change, and still losing! Now if I can just get over the guilt for eating so much!
Old 02-01-2002, 01:41 PM   #26  

Michele - I'm going to have to try those hot chicken tenders sometime - they sound yummy. How long did you bake them for and at what temp? I'm glad to hear that Bobby is feeling better. I hope the fact that you haven't been on yet today does not mean that you lost power!

Karen C - Good for you for deciding to get to the restaurant when you could plan for it. It's great that Garrott got the menu - that helps so much, doesn't it? Yes, of course I've heard of the Yearling and Cross Creek! I hope you have a lovely time there. Good for you for eating max points. Try to remember (maybe it will chase the guilts away) that if you don't eat enough, your body will go into starvation mode and hold on to every last ounce. So, by eating the max points, you are fueling your metabolism fire.

Karen B - "IthinkIwilleateverythingthatisn'tnaileddown" - oh I know exactly how those days go! I have to tell you though that when I read that "name" for it, I had to laugh - we should figure out the first letters of all those words - ITIWEETIND" - doesn't have the same ring, does it? WAY TO GO on letting it go and getting back OP. That's the way we'll be successful for the long haul. Mmmmm, I love sushi but I know what you mean about the scale. I was going to have some chicken soup for lunch but I looked at the sodium and the thought of getting on the scale tomorrow morning after eating that (no matter how much water I drink) changed my lunch plans!

Carla - are you back yet?

I've been doing OK foodwise and exercise wise this week. No exercise today though because the head cold is now a chest cold and I'm trying to keep it from progressing to bronchitis. I'm working from home today and am trying to get a lot of rest (all weekend) so I hope that helps.

Have a great weekend all,
Judy
Old 02-01-2002, 01:59 PM   #27  

Oh Judy, so sorry about the cold! I'm glad you're taking it easy and taking care of yourself. May I suggest lots of fluids and Vitamin C? I sure don't want youto get bronchitis again! Hang in there, kiddo.

I went to the chiropractor this morning to try to get my back straight. I think I hurt it in yoga a couple of weeks ago. The chiro said to keep up the yoga, so I'll go back next week. What a relief.

Michele, where are you? Hope all is okay. Carla, hope your trip went well.

Hi to Jennifa and Pat. Karen B, have a great weekend. Judy, good luck with the weigh in, don't forget to spit!
Old 02-01-2002, 03:33 PM   #28  

Hi, not much time today. Weather stinks but we have power. Was one of those days where they just had a 90 minute delay for school, just long enough to screw up every working parents day.

This is why I don't have much time today. I finally got the nerve up today to ask boss to shorten my hours from 7:30~4:00 to 7:30~2:00 without a lunch. That means only loosing 7.5 hours a week. I will still be working 32.5 hours. He agreed, but will have to rework out all my benefits down to part time. I dont think I consider 32.5 hours part time. What do you think? That means I assume, that I will lose vacations, paid holidays and health benefits all for 7.5 hours
I just wanted to be home after school for my son. He is getting to the age where he wants to spread his wings a little and I hate not being there for him. My mother was not home for me after school and I know if she was I would not have done 1/2 the stupid things I did. I can't afford to lose everything though. The cut in pay was fine, I can justify that but not everything else.

Sorry to be whinning, I guess I never thought he would consider it to be part-time.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Judy-good luck at weigh in. Hope you are feeling better. Oh, I baked them at 350 for about 25 miinutes, then dipped in hot sauce and baked again for about 10 minutes.

Karen-sounds like you did good shopping.. I need to start eating a few more points too. Keep up the good work.

Karen-sorry about the PMS day, I think we have all been there, good for you though getting over it and back on track. That is the hardest part.

I have a lot to think about this weekend, guess I was not meant to have a worry free weekend.

GO PATS!
Old 02-01-2002, 03:41 PM   #29  
cookies are for browsers

Hello everyone,

I am posting today to let you know that I have to go. WW is just not working for me. I have stayed OP and gained about 10 pounds this month. It's time - I am leaving it completely and going to a different WOE prescribed by an ND. It's the blood type thing. SOmething is just not working and part of it is I'm not eating enough, part of it is a wheat problem, etc. etc.

I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to you all and give you my best hopes that you reach your goals happily and STAY THERE!!!

Best wishes,

Jennifa
Old 02-01-2002, 03:50 PM   #30  

Jennifa, please odn't fell like you have to go just because you are not doing WW anymore! I for one would love to have you keep coming and let us know how the new way of eating works for you. In any event, good luck!
Michele, no, 32.5 hours is not part time in my opinion. I had a job - FULL TIME - that was 32.5 hours. If that darn boss cuts your benefits, then insist on more $$$. Just my not so humble opinion. Anyway, have a good weekend!
Closed Thread